• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

N64 Has Finally Died...

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
My condolences.

I'm just happy my N64 is still up and running. Oh the memories. WWF No Mercy fetch me a dream. I hope my 64 will never die. I can't imagine the day.

My Nintendo 64 still works and hopefully it doesn't die, that would be terrible. My SNES died a long time ago though.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Yeah there's nothing to do to save it; all the stuff had been going for about 2 years now so I wasn't surprised when it just didn't come on. I'll probably buy a few of the games on VC but save the cartridges because they're so cool! My OoT cartridge has the chanting on it in the Fire Temple! I'm going to recycle it to make room for an XBox though. Thanks for the dedicated video. It was very nice. :)

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Yeah there's nothing to do to save it; all the stuff had been going for about 2 years now so I wasn't surprised when it just didn't come on. I'll probably buy a few of the games on VC but save the cartridges because they're so cool! My OoT cartridge has the chanting on it in the Fire Temple! I'm going to recycle it to make room for an XBox though. Thanks for the dedicated video. It was very nice. :)
My Mario 64 broke in half no joke right down the middle but I still plan on keeping it and I might also get on the VC.

D

Deleted member 6224

O that sucks luckily mine still works my nes still works too hopefully that doesn't die

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
OK is this weird or what??? IT CAME BACK TO LIFE!!! It was taking a sick day off or something, but it was dead for 3 days. Wouldn't work at all. I tested it yesterday and was playing Super Mario 64! Isn't that WEIRD???

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
OK is this weird or what??? IT CAME BACK TO LIFE!!! It was taking a sick day off or something, but it was dead for 3 days. Wouldn't work at all. I tested it yesterday and was playing Super Mario 64! Isn't that WEIRD???

yea, that happens!!!!!!!!!(that happend to me too.....with my.....DSI....)(its not really a story though)
congratulations!!!!!!!:) :zelda:

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I also thought this meant the N64 in general, since it's my favorite console, and was my first. I still play it today.

But, something never truly dies, especially game consoles. Even as they get older and the quantities become thinner, there is still emulation. Fortunately, Nintendo knows that fans like to enjoy old games they made, so they don't care about emulation of consoles like the N64 and under. Well, it's impossible to track everyone who does emulate anyway. But I usually only use emulation for cheats to avoid damaging my real games. With emulation, you can just go crazy with cheats and glitches and not have to worry.

I know how you feel, though. My original one died about six years ago. The last game I ever played on it was Bomberman Hero, I even remember the level I was playing. I went swimming, came back, and it wouldn't turn on. That night I carried it out and threw it in the trash. It was a sad night for me. :(

Then Christmas that year I got another one, and I still have that one today. Isn't it weird how the older consoles/computers last the longest? Why, I just found an Atari 5200 and Magnavox Odyssey 2 at my grandpa's, and they still work. When modern consoles such as Xbox break so often (although I do have a grudge against Microsoft, and after years of problems with them it's no wonder why they break so much). I auctioned them on eBay, but nobody has bought them yet.

But basically, the NES is a little over 25 years old now, so I doubt the N64 in general will die anytime soon. The 90s was the best decade ever, I really think our world has reduced itself. Long live the N64!

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Then Christmas that year I got another one, and I still have that one today. Isn't it weird how the older consoles/computers last the longest? Why, I just found an Atari 5200 and Magnavox Odyssey 2 at my grandpa's, and they still work. When modern consoles such as Xbox break so often (although I do have a grudge against Microsoft, and after years of problems with them it's no wonder why they break so much). I auctioned them on eBay, but nobody has bought them yet.

So true ... My niece has my old NES which I got in '86 and it still works fine. My N64 is 14 years old and still works fine. Yet since Christmas of '03 I've had to get 2 Xboxes and 2 Xbox 360's. I still have the 2nd Xbox, eventually sold the 2nd 360 since I didn't care for current gen games that much.

I gave my Sega Genesis to Goodwill several years back, but I'm pretty sure it would still be running just fine if I still had it.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Exactly. Way back then in the 80's and 90's, consoles and games were made with love and care. Now they're all just pumped out to the public due to competition and to make money. It's all just online playing and graphics now, simply nothing else matters.

Quite simply, video games have lose their values. For years I've had my N64 games, GCN, and a couple of Wii games. I have never, ever had an urge to switch over to more modern consoles. Nintendo has yet to die, but that's probably because if it wasn't for them, video games would just be an urban legend to this generation of kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom