• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread My Hero Academia Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot that you claimed VT, in that case I'm far more suspicious of you now.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I ran one by him.

If I were a drink, I'd be this:

ChocolateRootBeerFloat_n_368_xl.jpg

Because of how you presented your claim compared to me for example. Besides, we're both supposedly VT's but I'm more or less cleared compared to you.

Vote: Rubik

If I'm wrong, at least it'll have only been a VT, no offense.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Because of how you presented your claim compared to me for example. Besides, we're both supposedly VT's but I'm more or less cleared compared to you.

Vote: Rubik

If I'm wrong, at least it'll have only been a VT, no offense.
It's a float; idk how much more obvious I can be about my character without getting modkilled. IDK why the fact that you're VT makes my claim any worse, if you look back at my posts I immediately started treating you and pendio as basically both cleared town after that exchange, largely because I too had a similar/identical role description.

Why do you want to lynch me (who has actually tried to scum-hunt—and successfully done so) versus someone who has literally done nothing all game except write walls of text and try to ingratiate himself with other players by defending them, making no real effort to himself scum-hunt (except on me, the first player who tried to draw suspicion to him)?

It's important that we eliminate either scum or the SK today. With only 1 NK remaining, so long as the target isn't immune to night actions, SMS should be able to block them from doing a NK tonight, especially since they no longer have a "strongman". It doesn't matter which one we kill, probably, it's just important that we're successful in doing so.

We're essentially in LyLo right now, given that we'll end up with 2 town (with the roleblocker dead) versus 1 sk and 1 scum, which is not an ideal situation for anyone.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
We can't afford a mislynch right now.

There is no "if I'm wrong, at least".

If you're wrong, we lose unless we no lynch tomorrow and SK and scum shoot each other.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Here's my perspective

I know that I am town
SMS has the most rock hard claim, I am pretty much positive that he's town
Krow's interaction with Pendio and his claim make him basically confirmed town

-
Libk provided game information without being forced into doing it. More town than un-town, but I don't like that he's so mega-lurky, although IIRC from the last time I played with him (it's been many, many years) he's probably on the lower end of the activity scale.
-
Axel is my top Scum suspect. I'm fairly confident that he's scum, but it's POSSIBLE that he's not.
-
Depending on what SMS did yesterday and whether or not he was roleblocked, Hero in Time is probably the SK. This might be with even greater certainty than Axel being scum, in which case it might make sense to lynch him instead.

If we eliminate the SK, we only have one nightkill to worry about each night, which we should ideally be able to role-block with SMS now that the strongman is dead. If that happens, we can use the night phase to soft investigate players (SMS mentions who he is roleblocking the night before. If he [or someone else for whatever reason] dies, someone else managed to get past his roleblock and we choose another player to kill. If no one dies, we lynch the player he roleblocked.

The only risk of the SK killing strategy is that in the case that there were 4 scum in the setup, we can't do this and we'd need to get lucky with the roleblock to survive the night without dropping below 5 players.

Vote: Axle the Beast

Doesn't matter if you give me a 20 page dissertation, you still reek of scum.
The weird sass about post length isn't exactly helping your case. I fully admitted to overtyping last Day but the fact is I've laid out fairly comprehensively why you're suspicious and you barely back any of your claims up.

We can't afford a mislynch right now.

There is no "if I'm wrong, at least".

If you're wrong, we lose unless we no lynch tomorrow and SK and scum shoot each other.
The only way that's possible is if there are two Mafia left. Do we think that's likely?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
The only way that's possible is if there are two Mafia left. Do we think that's likely?

Let me break this down for you.

We have 6 players alive. It's probably 4 town [1 roleblocker], 1 scum, 1 sk.

Let's assume for a moment that we lynch town.

We go into nightphase with: 3 town [1 roleblocker], 1 scum, 1 sk

Assume a successful roleblock, meaning only 1 NK. That one nightkill hits SMS.

Tomorrow looks like this:

2 town [no roleblocker], 1 scum, 1 SK

From there, we should lose. Even if we successfully lynch scum or SK, the other remaining player NKs one of the townies and leaves us with 1 town, 1 scum/sk which is a loss. We could force a no lynch and hope they shoot each other, but that probably won't work.

There have only ever been two kills, every single night, so the entire idea seems far-fetched unless there's something else you know. There are other explanations for an extra kill, from one-time nightkillers, an extra kill on a jack-of-all-trades either in Mafia or town. The probability -- I think? correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't actually seen My Hero Academia yet; I just know some about it since I've been interested in it -- is that one of the Mafia is All for One, who seems like a textbook jack-of-all-trades.

Which death from Day 1 do we think was SK then, and which Mafia?

Because one of those deaths was a quasi-confirmed townie thanks to his town-tell and the other one was a person who suspected your predecessor Pancake during Day 1 if I'm remembering right.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
@Axle the Beast if you have a role, would you mind claiming it?

I know you have some sort of weird ideological opposition to it, but if you do happen to have one that actually does something functional [or claim to also just be vanilla], I'd rather know so that we can act with as much information as possible today.

Breaking a game by figuring out the setup is one of my main play-styles and I'd like to be able to use it now that we're in a game that doesn't limit claiming.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
There have only ever been two kills, every single night, so the entire idea seems far-fetched unless there's something else you know. There are other explanations for an extra kill, from one-time nightkillers, an extra kill on a jack-of-all-trades either in Mafia or town. The probability -- I think? correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't actually seen My Hero Academia yet; I just know some about it since I've been interested in it -- is that one of the Mafia is All for One, who seems like a textbook jack-of-all-trades.

Which death from Day 1 do we think was SK then, and which Mafia?

Because one of those deaths was a quasi-confirmed townie thanks to his town-tell and the other one was a person who suspected your predecessor Pancake during Day 1 if I'm remembering right.

It doesn't matter which NK was scum and which was mafia. Knowing that literally doesn't progress the game at all, it's just a distraction.

Storma was town JoaT and didn't nightkill N1, he tried to investigate Pendio. It's unlike we have a second in town. It's possible, but somewhat unlikely, that the mafia godfather has this ability. If that's the case, we might be dealing with 2 remaining scum instead of a 1 scum/sk combo.

The other possibility is that we're dealing with HoT as the SK who killed N1, then was mod roleblocked N2 for inactivity, then was normal roleblocked N3 by SMS. Assuming SMS did roleblock him, this seems the most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom