• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

More Zelda Wii Rumors

Link will be replacing the bow and arrow with a crossbow.
Game is all but finished. Putting on final touches.
There will be a playable demo at E3.
Time travel does occur and it happens through the use of a new blade. (not the master sword)
Link's hometown is much bigger than in previous titles.
There will be several "Majora's Mask" esque sidequests.
Character interaction will be more involving than in any previous title.
The dungeon field dungeon method is changed, and one of the changes confirms a straight dungeon to dungeon portion of the game.
The current name of the girl in the picture is Adelle.
Combat is extremely fluent and innovative. No previous Wii title can give you a good example of it's unique style.
The game relies heavily on sword combat versus other items.
There will be less items, but they will be used more frequently.
There will be another main weapon added for an alternative combat style.
The game will feature significant portions of flight.

rumors released in january just in case:
The game will be vary from the dungeon field dungeon method we are accustomed too (nothing new, Eiji Aonuma confirmed that last year).
You will be able to select right or left handed at the start, and Link will be left or right handed based on your selection
The gameplay and basic mechanics are complete.
They are currently polishing up the story and Characters.
One of the characters they are working on is a innkeeper in Link's home village who has a son that looks up to Link.
The girl in the art is not the Master Sword, and it appears the Master Sword will not be in the game.
The girls name from the painting could possibly be Adelle, Adella, or Aderu.
She is not with you throughout the game like Ezlo and Midna.
The face in the painting of her is not her real face. It's not fully elaborated on much, but it does say that it was a place holder concept art piece.(assuming the entire art itself was just concept work)
Link's sword is highly unique in this game, and will have several unlockable abilities. Adelle (or whatever her final name becomes) communicates with you through this sword.
There will be horseback combat. Epona will avoid obstacles automatically.
The models for 3 significant characters in the game have been touched up, but no they are not Zelda or Ganondorf. (Google translate gives rough names of Link, Gorons, and Epona, but our translator said it's not specifically mentioned)
The idea of this version of Link also being The Hero of Time has been highly considered, and may already be implemented.
Time travel plays a role in the game.
The game takes place in more than just Hyrule, and may possibly not be Hyrule at all.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2010/05/more-zelda-wii-information-leaked.php

its from the same site that spreadthe rumors of zelda wii info at january, and these guys are known for being very accurate, so i personally will take this as true.

love the name of the girl, love the sound of combat, love the sound of side quests, love the sound of links hometown

i dunno about you guys but the wait is killing me

Last edited:
These, while I believe very few of them, excite me. I love the idea of Majora's Mask-esque side quests, and larger towns was one of my main complaints about the Zelda series.

Dungeon-Field-Dungeon has me excited, but with the news of how they are executing it, I think I'll be disappointed.

The heavy relying of the Sword really drains the use of items even further, a problem I've seen happen in the games recently. 3D games tend to drain alternate items, and heavily rely on sword, while 2D games do the opposite, but balance it better.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
These are very interesting- I swear I'm going to be calling her Adelle for ages after even if that isn't actually her name XD
But something still bugs me about these... almost like they kind of play into everything we know or could reasonably assume so far, such as the crossbow element, or the flight element. Idk, maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I wouldn't have thought that Nintendo would have gone for the obvious ideas. But then maybe they would. Either way, this is still exciting news and we'll find out the truth anyway in 19 days time~ XD

oh ive been calling her adelle since january.

anyway, my predicition is that thisll be a love it/hate it game, much like majoras mask.

and i predict i will fall into the love it category

as for the flying bit, if its done the same way the train and boat are done in the toon link games, i will personally fly to japan and strangle miyamoto, if its to get to unreachable places or whatnot, im more than happy with that

i want a nice bit gorgeous field filled with towns and interactions, not a gigantic world of nothingness hiding nintendos laziness

bds1110

Imp
I certainly hope that all of these are true other than the one about the fewer items and the bow and arrow being replaced with a crossbow. I love having a variety of items, even if I don't use them every ten minutes in gameplay. I liked the large selection in games like TP, and I didn't like the lack of items in games like PH.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
If they are putting in the final touches, then there should be no reason why nintendo would delay this game if it should ever happen.
Anyways, I hope these early spoilers are true. I wonder what Link's hometown will look like then? if its "bigger than the previous titles"? Maybe it won't be in a forest area this time? Now, the only spoiler that I hope doesn't happen is this one:

Dragmire said:
Does that mean less items in your inventory? I hope they don't limit you to only using the sword and the crossbow. That would be boring IMO.

Man, I can't wait until E3. June 15th needs to hurry up!!!!

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
nice list of rumors... but i'd say ony 2-3 of them are likely to be true, Character interaction will be more involving than in any previous title is kind of a given... sorta, interactions will probably still be text based but we will probably see a lot more text in this game and a new text border. There will be less items, but they will be used more frequently. this isen't such a bad idea sometimes less does = more. Other than that the rest seems fake because they are all conclusions that I might have come up with if I were trying to spread rumors about the game. they are just too obvious.

With E3 so close who needs rumors anyway? just wait a few more weeks

who needs rumours? i do! this is the longest 3 weeks ever.

anyway, i loved midnas character development, hopefully they can achieve the same thing with adelle

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Interesting. MM-esque sidequests and improved character interactions are a definite plus and I will be shocked if that proves to be false. The increased dependency on the sword is a touch that I've been wanting to see done for ages so I really hope that's true. The flight bit is something I do hope is actually implemented, but alas, it's most likely false. The other rumors are rather predictable, not overly exciting for me, but hey, we're less than 3 weeks away from E3.

Wow, less than 3 weeks from E3! Can. Not. Wait.

Crossbow? Meh. Don't take away what's been a staple of the series since the beginning and replace it with a moderately similar item. I like my bow and arrow too much.

Other than that, the rumors look pretty good. Being more focused on sword play would be nice, since we're getting a brand new control scheme with Wii Motion+ and all. Significant portions of flight? What does that mean really? Not a plane or airship I hope, since that would seem incredibly un-Zelda to me.

there are 3 that im going to comment about, the others seem fine.

There will be another main weapon added for an alternative combat style.
The game will feature significant portions of flight.

D: less items?! that scares me! i dont care wheter the items are required in a single dungeon or not, but thats the opposite of what i expected of the items! I really dont want another repeat of PH and ST, where there only like less than 10 items. At least 15-20 items, whether there used constantly ( like bow or bombs) or a few times (like spinner, lens of truth, or bombchus)

:hmm:another main weapon?! i dont really have anything negative about this, but wouldnt it be awesome if there were parts of the game where you could choose to use your sword or whatever the other main item is?

o_O link flying?! thats not so much that i would worry about as long as the flying isnt that important and isnt constantly used throughout the game like the boat and train in PH and ST.

(BTW we got a wii on the internet and it should get here by tuesday, im so excited!:mastersword:)

Last edited:

Zora Link

I hate being nice. D:
Hopefully the items rumor will be true. Having loads of useless items *cough* ALttP *cough* seems kind of pointless. I prefer less items that are used more. (Majora's Mask?)

Link1432

Most Uncreatively Named
A lot of these seem to just be appealing to what fans have been pining for since... ever. Sounds a little too good to be true. Whether or not they're true, I'm taking these with a grain of salt.

Though it'd be pretty cool if some of these were true...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom