• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda More "Come On"?

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Idunno, that annoyed me in WW when he did that. It just didn't feel right for some reason. I'm much more a fan of the grunts and screams he has in the modern Zelda games.

We already know that Link does talk in cutscenes; I'm totally fine with that. I just don't like to actually hear him speak, since it ruins what I think he's supposed to sound like. That's the problem I have with pretty much all voice-acting, really; the voices just don't sound quite right to me for whatever reason.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Link has developed a lot in the series and has it needed voice acting to achieve this? The answer would be No.

I am pretty much against voice acting in the Zelda series, it would just be too much of a change for me, I don't mind the occasional mumbles from characters and such but actual voice acting I would hate that idea. There would be too much controversy around the concept, was it used appropriately? Does it fit the Zelda series? Did the voice fit Link? And so on. Personally Link staying as the silent hero adds to the charm of the series for me, adding a voice would do more harm than good. Personality and emotion can be achieved through other processes not just speech, as we have witnessed in the likes of TWW through facial expressions. Now imagine seeing this with a more realistic looking Link...

I like Link how he is, sure there are many improvements that can be made to give him more of a personality Etc. But I feel this can be achieved without Link muttering a single word.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Personality and emotion can be achieved through other processes not just speech, as we have witnessed in the likes of TWW through facial expressions. Now imagine seeing this with a more realistic looking Link...
TP and SS say hi. Sure, they weren't as obvious as they were in WW...but they were there. Remember during the Armogohma battle? The giant spider was down, he did his little victory dance, then noticed that part of the beast was still alive and had a wtf/shocked look on his face.

But I really wasn't saying full on voice acting, more like a few comments here and there. Ventus covered it well.

Sure. It wouldn't ruin the game at all. Just making Link say something small that wouldn't count as actual dialogue wouldn't hurt the game in my opinion.

I've always hated it when fans seem to forget and/or dismiss the fact that Link talks; his dialogue is simply inaudible. I mean, for Pete's sake, the responsive text was even made green to denote that Link is speaking in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Remember kids, when an NPC asks or requests something of you (Link) and you comply or decline it, THAT'S LINK SPEAKING, M'KAY?

At any rate... I think it would be neat to revisit the concept of brief phrases like those shown in The Wind Waker; just a little bit should get'er done. Perhaps Link could yell "Take this!" or something to that effect... :/
Kinda like Sora in Kingdom Hearts? Eugh.. do not want. :minish:
I didn't mind "Come on" in WW since I felt like it fit the cartoony style of the game (like the occasional slapstick bits) and it fit the Link IMO.
It wasn't obtrusive either since it was only in that one bit and not all over the game.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
TP and SS say hi. Sure, they weren't as obvious as they were in WW...but they were there. Remember during the Armogohma battle? The giant spider was down, he did his little victory dance, then noticed that part of the beast was still alive and had a wtf/shocked look on his face.

But I really wasn't saying full on voice acting, more like a few comments here and there. Ventus covered it well.

See I was confused as you said in the OP about Link and his companion properly communicating, which would need Voice acting. If they are going to have snippets of Voice Acting here and there what would stop them from implementing a full on voice acting feature? To be honest I like Link silent and i wouldn't want to see any too large of a change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom