• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minish Cap After Adventure of Link?

Well then doesn't that make the quote about LoZ and AoL being before ALTTP completely irrelevant, according to what you're saying?

Well, kind of, that's why i don't take that quote as evidence for anything. It doesn't change the fact that he said it though...

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
The point isn't whether or not SoJ/Smertios believe that quote...the point is you can't use an outdated 1993 box any more than you can use an outdated 1998 director quote. Their both old, unsupported, and obsolete because of all the releases since then.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The point isn't whether or not SoJ/Smertios believe that quote...the point is you can't use an outdated 1993 box any more than you can use an outdated 1998 director quote. Their both old, unsupported, and obsolete because of all the releases since then.

Ah, but if the releases since then don't obviously and perfectly destroy the quote or the box, then they can still be taken into account. You can't throw it out if it's not obviously disbanded. If I tell you that my favorite color is yellow and ten years later you see me and i seem to be wearing nothing but red, that doesn't mean yellow isn't my favorite color anymore. Yes, it's evidence that it's not my favorite color anymore, but in essence, it doesn't prove anything because it's not 100% evidence.

Yes, the quotes were made a while ago and so was the box, but there is no 100% proof that the quotes are wrong which means you can't throw them away just because they are old.

Certain quotes, like WW being 100 years after OoT, can be ignored because in the game, itself, it says that WW takes place "hundreds" of years after OoT, not 100 years.

The fact that there is no proof that ALTTP doesn't go before LoZ/AoL means that the box saying Link is the predecessor of those Links could still be correct, whether or not it's an old, outdated box.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!

I don't see why the box should be obselete just because it's old. By this definition, the game is just as obselete. It came out at the same time as the box did.

(Or at least I hope it did. It would make the most sense if it did!) :P

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
The game was re-released in 2002 ;)

Well clearly the box and quote can't be both correct since they are contradictary. And the only way for the quote to currently make sense is to assume that there is no direct progression from the Seal War to aLttP; that games separate them.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well clearly the box and quote can't be both correct since they are contradictary.

Well then I would go with the box, not the quote. I believe I said this earlier, the creators said WW was 100 years after OoT when the game even says that it takes place after OoT longer than that. If the game, manual, what have you says other than what the creators say, go with the game, because at the end of the day that's where all the information comes from.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
the box, not the quote. I believe I said this earlier, the creators said WW was 100 years after OoT when the game even says that it takes place after OoT longer than that. If the game, manual, what have you says other than what the creators say, go with the game, because at the end of the day that's where all the information comes from.

There are no plurals in Japanese.
They meant hundreds and the translator assumed "one hundred". That was not the error of the directors.

Also, a translator claimed that Aonuma said Twilight Princess is "a hundred and something years after Ocarina of Time". Jacensolo06 of the LegendsAlliance forums re-translated it and it's actually several hundred years after.

The issue was that the root word was "hundred" with the phrase "several years" attached to it. The translator assumed "a hundred and several years", but it was supposed to be "several hundred years".

You can't discredit everything Miyamoto and Aonuma have ever said just because Japanese doesn't translate into English very easily when it comes to plurals.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
There are no plurals in Japanese.
They meant hundreds and the translator assumed "one hundred". That was not the error of the directors.

Also, a translator claimed that Aonuma said Twilight Princess is "a hundred and something years after Ocarina of Time". Jacensolo06 of the LegendsAlliance forums re-translated it and it's actually several hundred years after.

The issue was that the root word was "hundred" with the phrase "several years" attached to it. The translator assumed "a hundred and several years", but it was supposed to be "several hundred years".

You can't discredit everything Miyamoto and Aonuma have ever said just because Japanese doesn't translate into English very easily when it comes to plurals.

I'm pretty sure there is an interview with Aounuma or Miyamoto saying that the execution of Ganondorf in TP took place several years after OoT and the actual events of TP take place 100 years after that execution. That would EXACTLY be a hundred and several years.

Last edited:
Aonuma: The Wind Waker is parallel. In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link’s time. In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction. In the middle of this game [Twilight Princess], there's a scene showing Ganon's execution. It was decided that Ganon be executed because he'd do something outrageous if they left him be. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time. Ganon was sent to another world and now he wants to obtain the power...
That's the one you're referring to? That's the one that Jacensolo retranslated to several hundreds of years, IIRC...

L

LinksDarkSecret

Then there comes the problem of the little paradox that exists with Ganon and FSA.
My timeline theory suggests that Vaati was sent back in time at the end of MC.
This is supported because the FS/FSA bs vaati was a wind mage, not a dark wizard. Also, there is evidence that MC takes place several years after Hyrule was founded.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
My timeline theory suggests that Vaati was sent back in time at the end of MC.
This is supported because the FS/FSA bs vaati was a wind mage, not a dark wizard. Also, there is evidence that MC takes place several years after Hyrule was founded.

How does Vaati being sent back in time make any sense? There is absolutely no in game evidence for this at all. We clearly see Vaati get sealed away at the end of MC...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The hero in the backstory of Minish Cap is named Gustoff. So, impossible.

It's actually HIGHLY debated whether or not the hero in the BS of MC is Gustoff. The BS never actually straight up says that the Hero of Men IS Gustoff. We just hear the two names used closely together in the BS so that is what gives us the idea that they are one in the same, but whether or not it is Gustoff or Link still leaves us with the fact that the previous hero did not wear a green hat (and that is a staple of Link) and the lack of the green hat on the hero of the BS is very symbolic and supposed to mean something (that's what I think anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom