• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minish Cap After Adventure of Link?

In the Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, the intro states that the picori gave the world a legendary sword and a golden light. It also says, that the hero (obviously Link) drove out the evil in the land using Courage and Wisdom.

In the Legend of Zelda, Link completes the Triforce of Wisdom, and in Adventure of Link, he acquires the Triforce of Courage. Could this mean that the hero that was spoken of in the Minish Cap was actually the Hero in Adventure of Link and the Legend of Zelda?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I don't think that is possible.

The sword in Aol is most obviously the Magic Sword which was acquired in LOZ, so that would scratch that idea.

Then there is the problem with the golden light, the Picori did not give the golden light, as it was present in the princess of the land, and although in Aol Link had used the Triforce to awaken the princess, he used Power and Wisdom only to defeat evil.

Then there comes the problem of the little paradox that exists with Ganon and FSA.

Honestly I don't think it's possible.

Last edited:

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Then there comes the problem of not having the Picori exist back then (1987)

I don't think that really matters because none of the other events in any other game would matter since they didn't exist in 1987 either. They can always retcon stories or add back stories with games in the future. While I'm not sure about any of the other details because I haven't played MC, I can at least say that I don't think the 'real-world' calendar can come into play in any timeline discussion. :)

Well that sounds like a good theory to me. The thing is, the intro is talking about an event taking place way before MC. But the chances are slim that it was talking about AoL. In AoL, Link had possession of the Triforce of Power and Wisdom. He retrieved the Triforce of Courage from the Great Palace, and used the complete Triforce to wish for Zelda to be awakened. Considering that the BS of MC only says Wisdom and Courage, I doubt it is really talking about this event.

Plus, it just dosen't give enough information to be talking about AoL in my opinion. I am always a believer that if Nintendo wanted us to know something, they would just show it to us. There are a lot of things in the series that are pretty clear, and of course some things that are not, such as the timeline. But them not clearly laying out the timeline for us is a smart thing for them to do really. They clearly aren't finished with the series, so any game they make can go in different places on the timeline. They have made many statements already in the past that people believe have been altered by other games, so really it just saves them trouble, give theorists something to talk about, and leaves the door open for them to make countless more games if they do not release a definite timeline.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
In the Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, the intro states that the hero (obviously Link) ?

This is where you messed it all up, to start with...

The hero mentioned in the intro of MC, is called, in-game, Gustaf, the Hero of Men.
I am pretty sure that He is NOT Link.

Also, Myiamoto and Shigeru pretty much said that MC is the FIRST game in the Timeline, so, this totally contradicts your idea, wich was not bad, until you saw the details

peanutjoepap

Mr. Peanut
Actually I had a similar idea because the magical sword could be the picori blade. It is a magic sword given to the hero by some random old guy (who could possibly be a minish that made himself human size like ezlo or vatti). And the golden light is the triforce of wisdom because it was in the princess until she hid it from Ganon.

Last edited:

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
In the Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, the intro states that the picori gave the world a legendary sword and a golden light. It also says, that the hero (obviously Link) drove out the evil in the land using Courage and Wisdom.

Actually, there is TONS of speculation on the hero in the BS of MC being Link or not. Many people believe that it is clearly NOT Link for the fact that he has no green hat. You can argue all you want that the green hat is not a big deal but if this recent game is supposed to be talking about a past game where Link has a hat then how hard would it have been to give the character in the BS a hat? That, right there already destroys this theory, IMO.

The BS also talks about the picori helping the HoM save the world. Regardless of whether AoL could be retconned, this would be a HUGE retcon. The BS of MC is basically giving all the credit to the picori for saving the world when in AoL Link was on his own. That would be a big stretch to make for a retcon.

Also, Link has never been referred to as the Hero of Men so what's the point of giving a Link from such an old game that name now without making it more clear that it actually is supposed to be that Link (or a Link at all)?

Skull Kid, I too once believed that Gustaf was the hero in the BS. It does not say that the hero of men is Gustaf but they are mentioned in the same BS so many people get confused over that.

In the Legend of Zelda, Link completes the Triforce of Wisdom, and in Adventure of Link, he acquires the Triforce of Courage. Could this mean that the hero that was spoken of in the Minish Cap was actually the Hero in Adventure of Link and the Legend of Zelda?

Miyamoto and Aounuma have said that they were "thinking" that FS is the oldest (first) game on the timeline. This was before MC and that would make MC the first game on the timeline seeing as how its a prequel. Whether or not they still believe those 2 games to be first has never been restated and a new statement on it has yet to be revealed. Still, there is plenty of evidence for MC to be first and in other places, but I have yet to see any reason why the game could be put after AoL. There would have to have been big technological changes and geographical changes in order for it to make sense and even then it's a stretch because the BS doesn't match up as nicely as you seem to think it does.

It's a well thought out theory, but I don't see it working so well.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
The "with courage and wisdom" line is meaningless.
In Ocarina of Time, the Great Deku Tree tells Child Link to use his courage and wisdom to kill the parasite. I don't recall Child Link having two Triforce pieces ;)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
We also have to keep in mind that AoL and LoZ don't really relate to the other games so well. I usually put those games at the end of the timeline or just before OoX. I really fail to see the evidence for AoL taking place before MC. That might cause problems in other areas too. That would make ALTTP after LoZ and AoL which is impossible because ALTTP says that Link is the predecessor of the Link in AoL/LoZ.

That would make ALTTP after LoZ and AoL which is impossible because ALTTP says that Link is the predecessor of the Link in AoL/LoZ.
Ugh... while I do place LoZ/AoL after LttP I wish people would stop using that ridiculously outdated box. I could easily just say that LoZ/AoL being after LttP is impossible because Miyamoto said in 1998, after the box was made, that it went LoZ/AoL-LttP.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Ugh... while I do place LoZ/AoL after LttP I wish people would stop using that ridiculously outdated box. I could easily just say that LoZ/AoL being after LttP is impossible because Miyamoto said in 1998, after the box was made, that it went LoZ/AoL-LttP.

And you're sure he wasn't referring to the order the games were created as opposed to a timeline?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
yes, he said the chronological order was OoT-LoZ/AoL-LttP and that LA could come anywhere...

Maybe he was mistaken. Everyone always says "the creators have been wrong before"

They said that they believed FS to be the first game on the timeline (before MC came out) and they never once said that they don't believe that anymore but people still put in many other places other than first. Why should this be any different?

Maybe he was mistaken. Everyone always says "the creators have been wrong before"

They said that they believed FS to be the first game on the timeline (before MC came out) and they never once said that they don't believe that anymore but people still put in many other places other than first. Why should this be any different?

Oh, i don't take what miyamoto or aonuma said about the timeline. Miyamoto only create the games and think of nice gameplay ideas. He is not in charge of writing the plot of the games. Plus he has always said he doesn't care about the timeline. Aonuma also doesn't write the script. He just directs it. They don't have to know exactly what the timeline is.

Miyamoto was under pressure when he said that. He just wanted to get rid of the interviewer questions about the timeline, because he didn't care about that...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Oh, i don't take what miyamoto or aonuma said about the timeline. Miyamoto only create the games and think of nice gameplay ideas. He is not in charge of writing the plot of the games. Plus he has always said he doesn't care about the timeline. Aonuma also doesn't write the script. He just directs it. They don't have to know exactly what the timeline is.

Miyamoto was under pressure when he said that. He just wanted to get rid of the interviewer questions about the timeline, because he didn't care about that...

Well then doesn't that make the quote about LoZ and AoL being before ALTTP completely irrelevant, according to what you're saying?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom