• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Metroid Mafia: Attack on Space Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Hm, so this is what I can summarize on this game so far:

The Living

Mellow Ezlo - totes suspicious af
A Link in Time - fairly active, but nothing's caught my attention
Big Octo - can't say
justac00lguy - counterclaimed(?) Doctor
Keeseman - fairly inactive :(
Erebea - inactive
pkfroce - Vig (Ridley)
Thareous - Doctor (Mother Brain
Rachel - edikah
Heroine of Time - who knows?

Yeah, I really don't know anything. But judging from what we've been told about the roles, this is where we stand:

4 Zebesians left
1 Doctor (Thareous?)
1 Vigilante (I believe pk's claim at the moment, and Rachel made a pretty good point about that on the last page)
1 Bulletproof (possibly someone who is acting more dangerously - to attract attention and let the mafia possibly waste a kill, if the strongman isn't used - but who knows)
1 Watcher (who I'm guessing either doesn't have leads yet or hasn't stated them yet)
3 Mafia (I'd say the role cop is the most dangerous, but that's just me)

This post is mostly for my own reference. If I'm missing something crucial, please let me know.

Thar said:
Well, strictly speaking, I was the Town Healer last time, but their abilities are the same, sooo... Yeah.

:rolleyes:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Besides, I already softclaimed, albeit it was Twilight and I didn't use "Doctor" to describe myself. Cross-compare my claim with the official roles in the sign-up thread if you have to.

Wait, that was a legit softclaim? I thought you were joking...

Thareous, I explicitly said to NOT post ANYTHING related to the game at Night. The others were pushing it, but they never posted any legit information. However, YOU'VE explicitly admitted to breaking the rules. We're gonna need to have a chat to determine whether I should modkill you or not.

NOTE: This does not confirm that Thareous is the Doctor. The previous sentence, in tandem, does not confirm that he isn't. That is all.

pkfroce

Skelepuns

Thareous, I explicitly said to NOT post ANYTHING related to the game at Night. The others were pushing it, but they never posted any legit information. However, YOU'VE explicitly admitted to breaking the rules. We're gonna need to have a chat to determine whether I should modkill you or not.

NOTE: This does not confirm that Thareous is the Doctor. The previous sentence, in tandem, does not confirm that he isn't. That is all.

:O

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer

This is where you approached them about no game-related discussion.

Um... guys? Stop talking about game-related stuff, lol.

And here is where I dished out a funny scenario in response to you.

JuicieJ made me Mother Brain, the Town Virgin. :rolleyes:

The Mother Brain statement is indeed a joke, pure and simple. I am only using it as a reference point now to help corroborate the sincerity and integrity of my role, but at the time I couldn't resist the irony of calling Mother Brain the Town Virgin, which is hilariously oxymoronic. Now, to avoid any confusion, I really don't think that naming my role publicly in joking form signifies a softclaim, even if I am using it as referential "proof." It's more like citing from any activity of the game and implementing it to make a point, which forms a vast majority of the gameplay and doesn't breach the established regulations.

I'd rather die off naturally as opposed to be modkilled. I've already willingly dug a hole for myself and just plan to wait for the Mafia to pick me off Tonight, unless they're going to create a situation where I get lynched Today. Either way, I probably won't last until Tomorrow, so that ought to be the consequence of presenting something that is, at most, a semblance of a softclaim.

Anyway, pkfroce, remember to pick off the person who you view most suspicious Tonight. Personally I find Justa to be innocent, albeit suspicious of my roleclaim Today, because he doesn't have any reason to trust it. Just know that it's for a good purpose.

Rachel

be vigitant
Hm, so this is what I can summarize on this game so far:

The Living

Mellow Ezlo - totes suspicious af
A Link in Time - fairly active, but nothing's caught my attention
Big Octo - can't say
justac00lguy - counterclaimed(?) Doctor
Keeseman - fairly inactive :(
Erebea - inactive
pkfroce - Vig (Ridley)
Thareous - Doctor (Mother Brain
Rachel - edikah
Heroine of Time - who knows?

Yeah, I really don't know anything. But judging from what we've been told about the roles, this is where we stand:

4 Zebesians left
1 Doctor (Thareous?)
1 Vigilante (I believe pk's claim at the moment, and Rachel made a pretty good point about that on the last page)
1 Bulletproof (possibly someone who is acting more dangerously - to attract attention and let the mafia possibly waste a kill, if the strongman isn't used - but who knows)
1 Watcher (who I'm guessing either doesn't have leads yet or hasn't stated them yet)
3 Mafia (I'd say the role cop is the most dangerous, but that's just me)

This post is mostly for my own reference. If I'm missing something crucial, please let me know.

:rolleyes:

ayeluvya

Sheik

:the:
Umm... Thar? You say you protected Big Octo on Day One and ALiT and Day Two. Well... okay, for starters, Bocto... didn't even do anything of importance on Day One, so you really wouldn't have any reason to protect him. Second... You protected ALiT on Day Two, but wouldn't you have protected pkfroce after he roleclaimed? I mean... you're saying you're doctor, but you didn't protect the one that we all kind of agreed to protect? (forgive me if I'm mistaken about what happened, btw). I can only conclude that you are lying about being Doctor.

This could all be some Mafia trick of some sort, idk. Or maybe I am just very very stupid. Probably the latter.

Uh, anyways, yeah. Thar is simply too suspicious to leave out in the open. I say the safest route for now is to lynch him. Alternatively, we could just wait for the Mafia to get him, like he said, and if he stays alive, we'll know he's Mafia. BUT maybe he ISN'T Mafia and the Mafia don't kill him, thus making our suspicions rise and we end up lynching a townie.

Oh gawd too much stuff to think about.

Vote: Thareous

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Hm... Avagon makes a good point. Why didn't you protect me? However, why am I still alive? Unless someone else is Doctor? And JC has kind of caught my eye now too. Because if Thar is the Doctor after all, then that would make JC look suspicious for wanting to lynch the Doctor. However, I think it's more probable that Thar is scum because I should be dead if he didn't protect me.

Vote: Thareous

FoS: Justac00lguy

Rachel

be vigitant
Maybe Thareous assumed the mafia wouldn't waste a night kill on a target more than likely to be protected (pkfroce). It seems like kind of a WIFOM situation, trying to predict what your opponent will do while trying to predict what they'll predict that you'll do, etc.

Although, unless it was already used, the mafia could have used their Strongman to take out pkfroce for sure, I suppose.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Umm... Thar? You say you protected Big Octo on Day One and ALiT and Day Two. Well... okay, for starters, Bocto... didn't even do anything of importance on Day One, so you really wouldn't have any reason to protect him. Second... You protected ALiT on Day Two, but wouldn't you have protected pkfroce after he roleclaimed? I mean... you're saying you're doctor, but you didn't protect the one that we all kind of agreed to protect? (forgive me if I'm mistaken about what happened, btw). I can only conclude that you are lying about being Doctor.

Nobody really did anything momentous on Day 1, so I had to randomly select Big Octo as a "protectee" out of the rest. There wasn't any special reasoning attached, because nothing significant stuck out to me.

As for Alit, I value him for his cautious stance on things. He isn't quick to rush into decisions like most players; rather he seems mostly neutral until circumstances develop into a valid showdown for the survival of a suspect. I decided to protect him over pkfroce because the latter had yet to prove his roleclaim.

Uh, anyways, yeah. Thar is simply too suspicious to leave out in the open. I say the safest route for now is to lynch him. Alternatively, we could just wait for the Mafia to get him, like he said, and if he stays alive, we'll know he's Mafia. BUT maybe he ISN'T Mafia and the Mafia don't kill him, thus making our suspicions rise and we end up lynching a townie.

Oh trust me, after fanning their flames all Day, the Mafia have no choice but to come get me. As I imagine it, they'll most likely try to find deceptive reasons to get me lynched while they lay low and let the Town finish me off. At this point there have to be at least two left, after all, so they won't target me directly if they know what's good for them. Indeed, their true advantage lasts during the Night, when they can strike without being detected, but pkfroce or Samus-chan might be able to pick them off by evaluating the exterior conditions.

Speaking of which, where are the rest of the players, like Big Octo and Keeseman? Surely they have some different perspectives that they'd like to voice.

EBBED

Hm... Avagon makes a good point. Why didn't you protect me? However, why am I still alive? Unless someone else is Doctor? And JC has kind of caught my eye now too. Because if Thar is the Doctor after all, then that would make JC look suspicious for wanting to lynch the Doctor. However, I think it's more probable that Thar is scum because I should be dead if he didn't protect me.

Don't forget that I'd already offered you my protection Tonight. First off I had to be sure that your roleclaim was in fact true, so I moved my role ability to someone else (Alit) for the time being. As this is a game about deception, I'm not going to ward danger away from a player until I'm otherwise disproven. Sure, it's a risky move, but I'd rather take caution in mind than placing blind trust in something that's nothing more than a spoken word, at the time. Nevertheless, you have now have my protection and full trust.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok chances our that Mafia will go for two kills during the night and I'm pretty sure of it.

If Thar is Mafia, which we'll find out surly, then I'll be lynched guaranteed. Thar softclaimed Doctor, well no, he outright said what he was. I'm the Doctor and he knows it - I wouldn't be surprised if he was the Mafia Cop or if he was using that tactic to bring the actual Doctor out from the shadows.

The reason why I'm role claiming is because Thar knows and Keeseman speculated. I might as well clarify this right now. I protected PK yesterday, I guess that's kind of obvious though, lol. Now either Thar is going to argue that he's still the Doctor or he's going to say that it was tactic... or he's going to role claim as the Bodyguard.

Let's get this straight, fake claiming is not a tactic that a Townie would use. For one it puts yourself at risk and two, it can bring out the actual person with the role which isn't really beneficial as now they're susceptible to a Mafia NK. Now he could easily say he meant to role claim as bodyguard but let's be straight; he specifically said "Doctor". This is a scummy tactic people. I'm going to protect PK again and I suggest that the bodyguard uses his/her role effectively. I don't want someone to sacrifice themselves to protect me it's just that as long as I'm alive I can protect PK and we'll have a big advantage.

I still haven't decided on who PK should target, but I feel that is our next step.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Now either Thar is going to argue that he's still the Doctor or he's going to say that it was tactic...

The latter.

I'm genuinely sorry that you had to straight up roleclaim, Justa; I was banking on you keeping silent and letting me continue without interruption. Now, here's why... The plan was to draw attention to myself by posing a fakeclaim situation and drawing attention to myself. Along the way I would check reactions to determine if anyone was scum, but I didn't actually believe the real Doctor would reveal himself. Think back to musicfan's stratagem of dropping a little hint that he was Doctor in hopes that the Mafia would attack him. My play was similar, and mostly on a whim because I saw the opportunity present itself, and considering the insignificance of my role I didn't mind dying in order to preserve a powerhouse ability.

In the end I hoped to survive until the Night, because then--if everything worked out ideally--the Mafia would take me out and pkfroce would be given a chance to eliminate a suspect freely. Perhaps they'd see through my ploy, or perhaps not, but either way it would have given Town a superior advantage by sacrificing myself in place of a higher role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom