• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Metroid Mafia: Attack on Space Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Do the scum know what each Townie's role is? Or do they just know who is Town and who isn't?

I don't believe so. That's not usually how it works. Mafia members only know those who they're aligned with; they come to the conclusion that the rest are Town by process of elimination. However, they obviously wouldn't be able to tell a SK or other 3rd party role though.

The whole idea of offensive strategy among Scum is to tactically pick off the most threatening player.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Somebody just needs to get his attention

Unvote

Vote: Justac00lguy

Taking advantage of someone else's suspicion and using that as a justification to offer up no elaboration, are you?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
wtf JC? You randomly voted for pkfroce with no explanation at all, get questioned, then answer a question that's completely irrelevant to what you were being asked before.

Vote: JC

Not to mention pkfroce's last question pretty much says he's town (unless he's trying to deceive us), yet you kept your vote on him.

Speak up man!

Big Octo

=^)
JC, you've had all this time to respond to the suspicions surrounding you and all you've done is answer a question irrelevant to them. I've seen people conveniently ignoring questions and such before, but this... is just wat

If you keep this up, then it's going to be straight to the chopping block with you.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Somebody just needs to get his attention

Unvote

Vote: Justac00lguy

Taking advantage of someone else's suspicion and using that as a justification to offer up no elaboration, are you?

I find it very ironic of you yourself, Thar, to say this. I can't count how many times over the last 3 or so games that you yourself have done the exact same thing. You explained yourself when I questioned you one time, so maybe you can relate to why I'm doing such?

wtf JC? You randomly voted for pkfroce with no explanation at all, get questioned, then answer a question that's completely irrelevant to what you were being asked before.

Not to mention pkfroce's last question pretty much says he's town (unless he's trying to deceive us), yet you kept your vote on him.

Speak up man!
I answered his question. Somehow I've only just seen the three or so people that questioned me prior. I obviously didn't read the thread and when I checked later today--when I got on--I viewed the most recent page and I was completely oblivious to the three or so posts prior at that time. This isn't some BS excuse by the way, it's very easy to miss a couple of posts especially when the thread goes on a new page and you're unaware of what happened on the other page.

Also I think doesn't confirm his alignment whatsoever. Don't be naive in Mafia or you will get walked all over. People use subtle tactics like this all the time to throw people off (if I recall the exactly same thing happened in MM Mafia). Using inexperience to your advantage is one of the pluses a so called "newbie" can use.

---

Ok why I am voting Pkfroce? Well for one, I was suspicious of him Day One. You guys can just look back to where I stated it clearly. Also I'll admit that your speculation, Fused, about a possible connection between Pkfroce and Mellow further added to my Day One suspicion. Mellow's post was a blunt "Unvote"... just like my vote was. He never explained why he unvoted, which is slightly contradictory as now he is calling me out on it.

To add to this, look at what Mellow said directly below his post aimed at me:

Not to mention pkfroce's last question pretty much says he's town

So, if we're still following what Fused the, then this actually further adds to the speculation that these two are connected. Pkfroce is playing the "noob" card here. I voted him to test him on Day One and he acted strange, almost desperate as if he gave up. He's played a couple of Mafia games before - it's not that hard to grasp the general flow and rules. My vote was simple and blunt because I had no reason to explain further reasoning at the current time; he had pressure off Thar and Fused and I wanted to just get to business and force him to slip up again. However, I didn't want to give reasoning until I saw his reaction and then I could act accordingly.

I hope you guys understand me. My target is clear. It was Day One and now it is even more. I want Pkfroce lynched. The Cop should then investigate Mellow. If I'm wrong then please feel free to question me on Day Three.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Not to mention pkfroce's last question pretty much says he's town

So, if we're still following what Fused the, then this actually further adds to the speculation that these two are connected. Pkfroce is playing the "noob" card here. I voted him to test him on Day One and he acted strange, almost desperate as if he gave up. He's played a couple of Mafia games before - it's not that hard to grasp the general flow and rules. My vote was simple and blunt because I had no reason to explain further reasoning at the current time; he had pressure off Thar and Fused and I wanted to just get to business and force him to slip up again. However, I didn't want to give reasoning until I saw his reaction and then I could act accordingly.

I hope you guys understand me. My target is clear. It was Day One and now it is even more. I want Pkfroce lynched. The Cop should then investigate Mellow. If I'm wrong then please feel free to question me on Day Three.

Can you explain how I'm 'playing the noob card?'

As for how it seemed like I gave up at that time, I stopped posting because I felt stupid making myself look suspicious unintentionally. I decided to wait for Day 1 to end and just continue on Day 2.

Believe what you want though.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Can you explain how I'm 'playing the noob card?'

As for how it seemed like I gave up at that time, I stopped posting because I felt stupid making myself look suspicious unintentionally. I decided to wait for Day 1 to end and just continue on Day 2.

Believe what you want though.

You basically gave up rather prematurely. You made a big deal out of nothing and you blamed it on a "mistake". You were under no real immense pressure, but you wanted people to obviously see that you had made this "giant" mistake by over-exaggerating a rather common situation. Then you further add to this by somehow not knowing what the Mafia know. This is the kind of question you ask in your first game when you're completely oblivious to everything, yet you choose to say it at a time when someone has called you out.

I see it as an act of trying to subtly throw people off.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
You basically gave up rather prematurely. You made a big deal out of nothing and you blamed it on a "mistake". You were under no real immense pressure, but you wanted people to obviously see that you had made this "giant" mistake by over-exaggerating a rather common situation. Then you further add to this by somehow not knowing what the Mafia know. This is the kind of question you ask in your first game when you're completely oblivious to everything, yet you choose to say it at a time when someone has called you out.

I see it as an act of trying to subtly throw people off.

I honestly didn't. In fact, along with just waiting for the day to be over, that's why I sort of 'gave up.' To see if people would forget about my mistake.

I asked because I was not sure. All I knew was that the Mafia knows who the Town are. I wasn't sure if they knew what their roles were. I'm sorry for asking for information. :? If I was scum, don't you think I would have asked my scumbuds instead of generally asking everyone that was playing?

Sheik

:the:
If I was scum, don't you think I would have asked my scumbuds instead of generally asking everyone that was playing?

He gots a point.

But maybe... maybe he's just saying that to make us really think he is Town, and in reality, he also asked his scumbuds, or maybe he really knew scum didn't know Townie Roles all along, and he just asked that so that in the future he could use it to assist his alibi.

I'm overthinking this... Well, that's my stupid assumptions at the moment. Sorry I haven't been active lately, I just... can't think of stuff to say :/

Pen

The game is on!
But maybe... maybe he's just saying that to make us really think he is Town, and in reality, he also asked his scumbuds, or maybe he really knew scum didn't know Townie Roles all along, and he just asked that so that in the future he could use it to assist his alibi.

Precisely. I would not consider that quote of his as proof of him being Town in any way. Yet, it is certainly not a scum tell either. I think this recent little bandwagon on JC seemed quite rash. I do not know if I think it was scummy, but it was unnecessary in my opinion.

Now regarding JC's pursuing of PK: I kind of understand JC's reason for suspicion, but I do not understand how he can be so sure of PK's alignment. I am almost tempted to vote for PK with JC just to learn whether he is right about this or not. However, my suspicions toward PK are not very great, so I will refrain from voting for now.

Also, I reread the few posts left my Dracomajora on day 1. From what I could see there was nothing to be found whatsoever (but it was day 1 and we cannot expect too much from that).

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I understand JC's reasons for voting for PK, but... I really don't understand why he failed to explain it previously. Whether he's Town or Mafia, that majorly bothers me. He should have known that at least SOMEONE would ask why he voted. Not giving an explanation right at that moment gives him, as I said before, the perfect opportunity to discuss with his scumbuddies what his reasons SHOULD be.

Regardless, I still think the bandwagon on JC started becoming slightly out of hand. Though I have to say, I was actually considering joining it before he said anything. XD His actions definitely don't give a strong sense of Town to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom