• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majoras Origins

E

ergman

my theory is that the entire game of majora's mask was a dream of links. thus, majora's mask never excisted. That entire game was link's sad subconsius, sad because he was forced to leave his adult love and life. That would explain all the strange new roles of all the old chareters. Thats what I like to think.

Zarom

The King
my theory is that the entire game of majora's mask was a dream of links. thus, majora's mask never excisted. That entire game was link's sad subconsius, sad because he was forced to leave his adult love and life. That would explain all the strange new roles of all the old chareters. Thats what I like to think.

No, Majora's Mask is not a dream. There is no proof behind that and you're the only one who ever tought about it. :mellow:

The characters looks the same, but they are not the same. And Termina is a parrallel world to Hyrule. After OOT, Link goes into the Lost Woods and a few weeks later, he arrives in Termina, maybe as a result of entering a strange portal. Then, at the beggining of MM, we see Link on Epona somewhere in the Lost Woods.

So, what you said is simply lies based on nothing.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Where does it say the Sheikah and Twili do not exist within different lands? Though it may be unlikely, you can't say that the Sheikah or Twili for that matter never existed anywhere besides Hyrule.

this is true i mean the daku, goron, fairy, and zora are why not the rest of the races

Wasn't there already an explanation in the game? It was said that Majora's Mask was used by an ancient tribe in hexing rituals. Then, when its power proved too great, too malevolent, they sealed it away, and the tribe vanished.

However, it does not say that they created it, only used it. Perhaps they did create it, I don't know. I do remember reading a theory somewhere that said that the evil spirit Majora was created by the Goddesses of Hyrule as punishment for the fact that Termina didn't believe in them. Another theory is that said tribe were the Dark Interlopers in Twilight Princess who created the Fused Shadow and therefore also created Majora (due to the similarity in appearance between Majora's Mask and the Fused Shadow). I'd say the MM/FS theory is pretty solid. I mean, they must have been able to do some powerful magic (and evil too) and both incidents were said to have taken place ages ago, giving leeway in the timeline. So that's where I think it originated.

My theory is that Majora came from Ikana. Majora was a powerful magic user who was a troublemaker. Eventually the Fierce Deity came and sealed Majora's soul into a mask. Majora however had minions who wanted to avenge there leader, so Majora's followers sealed the Fierce Deity into a mask.

I don't think that Majora could come from the Dark Interlopers/Twili. Their craftsmanship is too different. Their designs may have some similarities but I feel you're grasping at straws here. The designs of the Twili are just dark. Simple as that. As far as the Dark Interlopers looking like Link, that is completely and totally false. The Light Spirit used the bodies of Link and Ilia to portray the war over the Triforce which ended up in banishment for the DI/Twili.

As far as where Majora comes from? I'm not exactly sure, it's not my best Zelda subject but the idea that he was a great magician or the likes that had to be sealed away is good.

For Termina being a dream, that would make it non-cannon and a lot of people would be upset, including myself, as it really does give this Link a story heading into the end of his life before becoming the Hero's Shade (my own opinion of course). A portal from inside the Lost Woods works well and explains the doppleganger (sp?) effect of most of the Hylians this Link met in his past.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
The Skull Kid got into using masks to make himself feel more powerful because of Link giving him the Skull Mask in Ocarina of Time. How that eventually led to him looking up Majora's Mask and putting it on is obvious.

What's not so obvious is the origin of Majora's Mask itself. All that you learn about it in the game is that it it was used by an ancient tribe in hexing rituals, and that it belonged to the Happy Mask Salesman. I believe that he and the Skull Kid must be from Hyrule originally, so the Mask could be from anywhere. My personal theory is that it was made by ancestors of the Gerudo... they seem to have a certain magical affinity exhibited by Ganondorf himself, and Twinrova.

Also, he is referred to in one text as "Ganon of the Enchanted Thieves." It seems there must be a reason they only have one male every 100 years, and I'm betting it has to do with a punishment of their people, maybe due to males having even stronger magic power than normal. Also, even normal Gerudo seem to have some sort of spell cast on them that revives them if killed (magic swirls appear around them while they're dead if you shoot them).

Austin

Austin
I don't agree with the idea of Majora being an heir to Hyrule. I'm more leaning on the side linking Majora and the Twili clan. In TP, Midna talks about the dark king of Twili (not Zant). I've always thought it was maybe King Majora, but there isn't anything for certain.

midnaandmajora.jpg

I like to point to this picture. If you look at the right eye on Midna and Majora's mask eyes. If you think of the story of Majora and Twili, the two sort of match up. There isn't any hardcore evidence, but simply makes sense.

Din Akera

Sniper
If you want to get technical though, the twili exist in the Twilight realm, they only moved over into hyrule years after the adult timeline. And Majora's mask takes place on the child timeline. So the timing doesn't work for the twili to have left the twilight realm to be in hyrule let alone termina, which is accessed through hyrule.

Epwna

The epic turnip king
Mine theory is that the mask is a gerudo.The very gerudo that gave birth to ganon.After he was born,evil ingulfed Comola Majora's soul.The gerudos sealed her soul in the mask.

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
There is obviously no proof behind this, but here is my theory. I think that Majora was a servant of the Goddesses, but then just went bad and started using his power for evil. The Goddesses punished him by sealing his soul into a mask for all eternity. Until of course the weird Happy Mask man found him and discovered his power to grant wishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom