• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Majora's Mask in Ocarina of Time?!

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
I recently reexplored the Spirit Temple in OoT, and I found something EXTRAORDINARY. In Twinrova's room, on the pillars, I saw a symbol that looked almost exactly like Majora's Mask. It's eyes were the right shape, it had spikes on it's sides, and it was the right shape. It wasn't identical, but still, it really looked like Majora's Mask. So this makes me wonder, were the Gerudo the ones who originally used Majora's Mask?o_O

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
No, I don't think the Gerudo were the ones who used the mask. If they were, they wouldn't be in the game, since it was an ancient tribe, or at least I remember it to be. I'd have to see a picture of what you're talking about to truly evaluate it. Until then, I can only say that it's a coincidence.

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
No, I don't think the Gerudo were the ones who used the mask. If they were, they wouldn't be in the game, since it was an ancient tribe, or at least I remember it to be. I'd have to see a picture of what you're talking about to truly evaluate it. Until then, I can only say that it's a coincidence.

I don't know how to put pictures here. sorry.

And perhaps the Gerudo that were around before OoT's events used the mask, perhaps back when their race consisted of both men and women. And they vanished from legend because they were the ones banished into the Twilight Realm, as according to some theories.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I don't know how to put pictures here. sorry.

That is easy. Just upload the image to a site such as http://imageshack.us or http://photobucket.com. Once you do that just put the url of the image in

mmlike.jpg

These pillars? I see the design, but it looks nothing like Majora's Mask to me at all. The designs look much more like the head of Helmasaur from ALttP, but I wouldn't say there's a connection there either. Its just a design.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Yeah that really does look nothing like Majora's Mask. I'm going to have to dismiss this one.

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
That's strange. I'm not sure if that face represents majora's mask but they look a tiny bit similar, at least. Now what I am wondering is what was going through the developer's heads when they decided to put a bizarre face like that in the room's decoration. Maybe I'm getting too in depth here considering it's just a video game, but who's face is that? It would have some importance to be put in that particular room, wouldn't it?

That's strange. I'm not sure if that face represents majora's mask but they look a tiny bit similar, at least. Now what I am wondering is what was going through the developer's heads when they decided to put a bizarre face like that in the room's decoration. Maybe I'm getting too in depth here considering it's just a video game, but who's face is that? It would have some importance to be put in that particular room, wouldn't it?

Actually, that design is prominent throughout the entire Spirit Temple. It is especially present here, just because the type of wall they were using for the pillars, but this is not the only room it is in.

I actually went back and beat the entire temple just to see this design (well, I cheated a bit to beat it, but nonetheless..), and I kept seeing this design in different places, thinking that it was possibly what Hero was talking about. But again, I highly doubt it holds any importance.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
This looks more like a skull with tusks to me. I'd think if it were actually meant to be anything, it could be some kind of symbolism of Ganon. Not -dorf, just the beast Ganon that is. I suppose that would make sense because of Twinrova's connection to Ganon/dorf.

Although most likely, it's just a cool, creepy design meant to accent the temple with non-human skulls.

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
This looks more like a skull with tusks to me. I'd think if it were actually meant to be anything, it could be some kind of symbolism of Ganon. Not -dorf, just the beast Ganon that is. I suppose that would make sense because of Twinrova's connection to Ganon/dorf.

Although most likely, it's just a cool, creepy design meant to accent the temple with non-human skulls.

I'm pretty sure it''s not Ganon, because the Spirit Temple was obviously built long before Ganondorf was born, and before Twinrova raised him.

And it doesn't really look like a skull either. I still think it looks like a modified version of Majora's Mask, which may support my theory of Majora's Mask being from Hyrule, cause if you think about it there is really no solid evidence to prove it was from Termina.

Nah, I really don't see much resemblance. The spiky things on the thing in the Spirit Temple look more like tusks than anything, the thing actually has a mouth (or it looks like it does, at least), and its overall shape is wrong.
Interesting observation, but I think Nintendo was probably just trying to add something in to what would have otherwise been blank and un-interesting walls. I'll check some of the other temples to see if they have patterns on the walls; if they don't, then perhaps it is more than just decoration.

And it doesn't really look like a skull either. I still think it looks like a modified version of Majora's Mask, which may support my theory of Majora's Mask being from Hyrule, cause if you think about it there is really no solid evidence to prove it was from Termina.

Well your going to probably think it looks like that seeing as how you are the one who pointed it out. But really, the design and Majora's Mask share almost no resemblance. The "spikes" aren't even close to looking the same, the "eyes" are VERY different. The only possible relation is the shape, and even that is different.

As for it being from Hyrule, there is a lot of things pointing towards the mask being from Termina instead, such as "actual designs" of the mask on various stones and monuments throughout Termina. See, in Majora's Mask, it was obvious whenever the mask was shown on a pillar or block; this example from OoT isn't obvious at all, and if they wanted it to be Majora's Mask, then they did a really bad job.

HaruHaru

The one with pickles
I know What you mean.

I think I have noticed the same pillar. I was very Creeped out. I have also found that design of Majora's mask somewhere else, yet I cant seem to remember.:hmm:

Last edited:

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
As for it being from Hyrule, there is a lot of things pointing towards the mask being from Termina instead, such as "actual designs" of the mask on various stones and monuments throughout Termina. See, in Majora's Mask, it was obvious whenever the mask was shown on a pillar or block; this example from OoT isn't obvious at all, and if they wanted it to be Majora's Mask, then they did a really bad job.

I'm pretty sure they only put the mask on blocks and statues and baloons, to symbolize the theme of the game, not for....well, historical reasons. Besides, the Happy Mask Salesman was in possession of Majora's Mask, and he is from Hyrule, so it only makes sense that the mask is from Hyrule too.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
interesting discovery, yes there are many and various designs in zelda titles.
But this design, i think it looks like more just like a skulltulla to me instead of majora 's mask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom