• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Majora's Mask in Ocarina of Time?!

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
(pertaining to the walrus cat's post)

Do you honestly want to believe something someone else tells you, or would you rather wait for the game to come out and find out for yourself. Cause until I see in the game that ST is a sequel to PH, I won't believe anything the developers say about it, cause even developers can lie.

And I don't believe that the symbol I found is definite proof, but it could've been the design that inspired Majora's Mask. Plus the eyes on it look very similar to the mask's eyes, IMO.

But you know, maybe, just maybe, Majora's Mask could've been known in BOTH Termina and Hyrule! It's just a theory, but it might kinda make sense.
I believe that Majora is a dark god, right?, right. Well perhaps that dark god was known in both worlds! Its a stretch, but it could've been possible.
@Paragraph1)Developers can lie, but I'm not sure why they would want to in this case. Right now, I can't find out for myself, so I'll just believe them until we see if there's anything contradictory to that statement in Spirit Tracks. Let's put it this way-do you honestly want to not believe something, when it may easily be your most reliable answer to something you can not find out on your own? But let's come off the Spirit tracks placement, because that has little to do with the actual topic.

@P2)Yes, it seems very possible that may have been inspiration.

@P3)It's possible, but that depends on what part of Hyrule you're talking about. It may be mildly known, but since out of all the zelda games, we have never seen anyone talk about a dark god, or majora's mask in hyrule, have we?

It's some evidence, though I wouldn't count on it.. but let's take a look at the temples in Ocarina of time.

The first three may have been to the goddesses. The spirit temple was probably made for the goddess of Sands. But the Shadow Temple? Perhaps to a god of darkness. After all, this seemed to be a scarcely known temple (though, so were the others, but this one was VERY well hidden, you needed a song to enter it. Link has many items, but he couldn't get there with any of them except his ocarina.) However it seems likely to me the temples were only a place of residence (and possibly worship, we know the towns in AoL were named after sages) for the sages, with a few other uses.

Perhaps in a future game we might get some kind of little hint or reference to majora, though.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
mmlike.jpg

These pillars? I see the design, but it looks nothing like Majora's Mask to me at all. The designs look much more like the head of Helmasaur from ALttP, but I wouldn't say there's a connection there either. Its just a design.

it looks like a metroid to me personally, the general shape of the head and its got two talons on both sides

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom