• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Magic Boomerang

Kybyrian

Another Oracle thread coming right at ya, Zelda Dungeon.

A lot of people probably don't know about this, since the Oracle Series seems to be some of the most unpopular amongst the Zelda franchise.

But anyway, as you might have guessed, the Magic Boomerang is an upgrade from the original boomerang you get in the Oracle game Oracle of Seasons.

Unlike the original boomerang, this has a much farther range, and you can even control it's movement too. The movement is sometimes hard to control though, since it doesn't make any sharp turns, think of it as Snake's -> + B attack in SSBB.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this weapon, and I found it as a good way to get past some annoying obstacles, such as Spiny Beetles hiding beneath grass, at which I threw the magic boomerang from a far distance to wipe out. Also, the remote control feature was pretty handy since you could use it to wipe out lesser enemies from more of a range or from the other side of a wall, like Goponga Flowers or Keese.

Overall, I think it was a pretty good weapon, and good addition to the game.

octorok74

TETTAC
It is a pretty useful item for anywhere I went. I wish the turns it made were sharper, but it's a boomarang, what are you going to do.

Like you said it was a great addition and I really enjoyed it. A good way to cut grass and find rupees.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Now, I have never played the Oracle games, though I remember A magic Boomerang from Alttp, are they the same in any way?

A

Alkarius

Yeah, There is, zeldafreak, It's an upgrade from the orginial boomerang and lets you throw farther. Anyways, Yeah, The boomerang is a good addition to pretty much ANY Zelda game. Especially a magic one, since it will go twice as far.

Oh yeah, and it's pretty useful to grab that extra Recovery Heart or Rupee when I couldn't reach it.

Never played OoS, but it sure was awesome in MC. Very useful, and I'm sure it would be just as good in that game. I used it mostly to stun enemies around the corner in dungeons (especially Stalfos) and then rush out yelling, and with sword swinging =D.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
boomerang is almost always useful, and the magical boomerang in OoS is awesomeness, including that there are a few puzzles that involve it... it was one of the best things in PH that you could guide the Boomerang from the start, giving it the magical boomerang feeling

T

Typhingblade

the oracles...

the oracle of seasons and ages were real good games...

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
The magic boomerang was brilliant and cutting the lawn in subrosia was kind of a challenge, took me about 7/8 tries. One of the more difficult secrets in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom