• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia D: The Sith Lords

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin

Austin
Austin, I believe it's allowable to ask another player if they might have a good idea of another player's identity. It's been happening through out the game to different degrees. Therefore this action is indeed allowed, is it not?

I'm not quite understanding the question, sorry. Do you mean directly asking a player about their knowledge of lore, or of someone's role/name? Both are allowable, it's just you can't directly say your name.

Kirino

Tatakae
I'm not quite understanding the question, sorry. Do you mean directly asking a player about their knowledge of lore, or of someone's role/name? Both are allowable, it's just you can't directly say your name.

Just to make sure, if you ask another player if there role is a certain character, can they confirm or deny it? For example:

Player 1: "Are you HK-47"
Player 2: "Yes"

Why did you even decide to target me? Do you have to target someone every night?

I had suspected you since the end of day one. Lemme paraphrase what my notes said, it was really just a hunch.

The part of my What I believe section of my notes that I'm not allowed to say is really a big part of it. I can't mention that.

Basically, it seemed to me like you were posting a bare minimum, and it seemed like you were the only one with KOTOR2 knowledge besides me, yet my flawless (yet we now know to be innaccurate) what's the word ... evidence thingie ... against ALIT wasn't selling you. If you've played KOTOR2 at all, you'd know that makes perfect sense, yet I had to sway you anyway.

Killing you would've yielded two results: either plenty of options to move forward to reveal your role (I didn't write down this part, that's really all I remember), or hitting mafia and being closer to victory. It was a bold move and I'm proud of it.

Ah, here's the quote. (It's in character)

Viral Maze took some time to convince, and he knows the details of this universe (IE knows KOTOR) better than any other member of this entourage, other than myself. That argument was bullet proof (This phrasing is entirely coincidental) (Though while in the end it proved inaccurate, that does not matter) and Viral Maze should have been the first to confirm my facts. He, however, failed to do so. Thus I shall kill him.

Viral Maze - As a notably great player of Mafia, he posts extremely little. He is currently my top priority threat. (I know this is little evidence, this was mid-day 1. He's there along with one other person, who I no longer suspect)

EBWODP:

clarifying my quote:

(This phrasing is entirely coincidental) (Though while in the end it proved inaccurate, that does not matter)
at that part, the first part was a conjecture that I put in there to clarify my notes to the public, while the second one is actually part of my notes.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
It doesn't matter, I have this whole game figured out. It'll be done by tomorrow at dusk (in game)
How does lynching a townie mean you have this game figured? I must have missed that.
Speaking of missing things, you still haven't answered my two questions.

but do you know of a KOTOR character who could be able to deflect attacks in a bulletproof manner? Maybe a Jedi? This might be the root source of getting to Viral's identity, since he can't provide it himself.

There are redirector roles in existence. Whether or not one exists in this game I don't know for sure (I played KOTOR2 when I was 15, like 7 years ago). Could have redirected Zenox's NK from me to someone else.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Nope, there isn't one. All Jedi characters can get a Power that allows them to deflect blaster fire with their bare hands, though this ability is open to anyone. There's no character that screams bulletproof to me.

Thanks. That's all that I needed to know. I can now safely deem that Viral's claim was a smart one, but if he can't come up with anything to rebut our suspicions then it can only be false. The "no name-claim" rule makes it very difficult to achieve, I'll admit, yet he has proven to be resourceful. He even left a mention of his possible ability earlier in the thread, so he might have something else up his sleeve.

As for now, my vote remains on him.

I'm not quite understanding the question, sorry. Do you mean directly asking a player about their knowledge of lore, or of someone's role/name? Both are allowable, it's just you can directly say your name.

Yeah, this is exactly what I wanted to know. Appreciate it.

Just to make sure, if you ask another player if there role is a certain character, can they confirm or deny it? For example:

Player 1: "Are you HK-47"
Player 2: "Yes"

Just to reply before Austin says. I'm on a tight rope with getting modkilled as it is. Whether Austin says this is fine or not, I don't want to give Austin a reason to regret saying that, then modkilling me off later.

There are redirector roles in existence. Whether or not one exists in this game I don't know for sure (I played KOTOR2 when I was 15, like 7 years ago). Could have redirected Zenox's NK from me to someone else.

Ditching the bulletproof now, eh? Good plan. Mafia plan, but a good one.

Question: which two questions haven't I answered? You asked why I targeted you. Most vigilantes wouldn't reveal their thought process, yet I did. What question do you have?

Being honest, I believe you're bulletproof. I just don't believe you're townie :)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
EBWOPD: *sigh* So many of these today...

You're right on that point... Could explain why Xinnamin was [seemingly] arbitrarily Night Killed. Plus given that this game has Jedi and Sith Lords, it wouldn't surprise me if that ability was among them. So...does that make you a redirector rather than a bulletproof Jedi? Is redirecting your role ability?

*EBWODP* Stupid emote fail...

EBWOPD:You're right on that point... Could explain why Xinnamin was [seemingly] arbitrarily Night Killed. Plus given that this game has Jedi and Sith Lords, it wouldn't surprise me if that ability was among them. So...does that make you a redirector rather than a bulletproof Jedi? Is redirecting your role ability?

*EBWODP* Stupid emote fail...

Thareous, quick question for ya.

Let's say you're a member of the Mafia. For kicks, let's assume there's no godfather and instead all the mafia members decide their kill together.

You are assigned the role of Darth Sion, the bulletproof mafia. You hint at being bulletproof day one. Lots of games have a bulletproof townie, right?

You're hit. Oh god. Good thing I laid out that bulletproof trap. Best remind them.

Damn the night scene reveals too much of my character, I'm bound to be killed. Best find a new way out of this mess.

What would you bring up? A Redirector?

Question, why bring up a redirector at all, if you have a perfectly fine explanation of being bulletproof? I buy it, but you're the Bulletproof Mafia, not the townie one, Viral. :)

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
yet my flawless (yet we now know to be innaccurate) what's the word ... evidence thingie ... against ALIT wasn't selling you. If you've played KOTOR2 at all, you'd know that makes perfect sense, yet I had to sway you anyway.
It wasn't that I wasn't sold, it was that I thought the syntax of Austin's post left some ambiguity. You thought your target, ALiT, was pointing a gun right back at you, whereas I thought it could have easily been a third person coming in and blocking you. Turns out I was right, since ALiT wasn't a roleblocker, or any blocking role at all, but we did luck out by scoring a kill on the sith.

Ditching the bulletproof now, eh? Good plan. Mafia plan, but a good one.

You're right on that point... Could explain why Xinnamin was [seemingly] arbitrarily Night Killed. Plus given that this game has Jedi and Sith Lords, it wouldn't surprise me if that ability was among them. So...does that make you a redirector rather than a bulletproof Jedi? Is redirecting your role ability?

Def not a redirector. I am a townie bulletproof as my role description explained. There are stipulations, of course, to my role, but more or less bulletproof.
For the redirector thing, it could be a mafia role, (though I doubt it since why would the mafia player redirect the vig to the godfather?), or a townie that doesn't trust that Zenox is vig, but rather SK.
Those are the only two possible explanations I can come up with if we're going down the redirector route.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Damn the night scene reveals too much of my character, I'm bound to be killed. Best find a new way out of this mess.

What would you bring up? A Redirector?

Question, why bring up a redirector at all, if you have a perfectly fine explanation of being bulletproof? I buy it, but you're the Bulletproof Mafia, not the townie one, Viral. :)

Because I'm not a jester and would like to live >_>
If I just reiterate my role over and over, it stagnates discussion and I'll be dead. I'm trying to figure out why you hit Darth Sion when you tried to kill me. Redirector is all I can think of.

It wasn't that I wasn't sold, it was that I thought the syntax of Austin's post left some ambiguity. You thought your target, ALiT, was pointing a gun right back at you, whereas I thought it could have easily been a third person coming in and blocking you. Turns out I was right, since ALiT wasn't a roleblocker, or any blocking role at all, but we did luck out by scoring a kill on the sith.

A fair excuse indeed, however this isn't an argument as to why I killed you, this is an argument over what happened when my kill didn't go through.

You hinted at being bulletproof earlier. The nightscene basically confirms who I attacked was bulletproof, thus, it failed. There's no way out of this. That is Darth Sion, who makes perfect sense as a Bulletproof role, but it would also definitely be a mafia role.

All in all, you lied extremely little. It's actually quite impressive how little you lied.

Are there any questions from the audience, or do you guys have a particular reason to not vote? I want night to begin so I can finish this game for us :(

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
The mafia players suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck all I wanted to do was keep making fun of Zenox for the rest of the game why was that so hard to ask ;_;

Speaking of which, haha Zenox failed two nightkills. Nurd.

...Ok, I can rest in peace now.

EBWODP: dammit cocky again. brb lurking

Zenox hit two mafia haha nurd

the whole idea was for it to fail (assuming it didn't fail from an outside source. Night 1 I interpretted as my plan succeeding, though we know know I'm a fool :( Night 2 however, is my plan succeeding)

The mafia players suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck all I wanted to do was keep making fun of Zenox for the rest of the game why was that so hard to ask ;_;

...Ok, I can rest in peace now.

wait wtf why are you speaking uded

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom