• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia A: Pokémafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually

As i stated in who knows what post( Like 2 or so pages back) I stated the people that where suspicious Axle, Jedi, Meego, and SoL

Out of those four, Axle really didn't strike scum. SoL, well, i'm not sure on this, shes more or less null for me, meego... idk why she was suspected. But when it came to Jedi, I skimmed some of his post :/ and I just got a vibe. Also, do you have any other better leads? Who knows, it could start something. But i am following up from day 1 on this, since we don't have any other evidence so far.

Well I voted for jedi so clearly I find it suspicious. I just find the timing of your vote a little off-base.

Nicole

luke is my wife
To start, I've been a bit disinterested in this game recently, especially because I've been away for a bit. However, I'm gonna go ahead and post my full thoughts here.

-Baysiderulez-

She's playing as she always does, pretty much. Not afraid to come off and do something crazy, but doesn't always state her reasons for doing so. "Cryptic" might be the proper word for it. As Durion said, "Jo works very much like a lawyer. She won't lie, because she's got an oath not to, in a sense. However, there is nothing stopping her from twisting a persons words to turn it against them." I felt that covered her meta nicely. I am leaning Town on Jo.

-Hero of Time-

Posted the bare minimum the whole game. 3 out of 6 posts are pure fluff. Actually, scratch that, all of his posts thus far are fluff. Pretty much playing like he did last round, in which he was Mafia. Comparing his meta to Round 4, in which he was Town, he's posting nothing like he did then. Leaning scum on HoT.

-Austin-

Has hardly posted at all. Nothing I can even analyze. Neutral on Austin, but really, please post more.

-Kazumi-

Like HoT, Kaz has posted the bare minimum thus far. He comes off Town-ish to me, but to be honest, I haven't played with him and don't know his style. However, I don't like how he often uses others' reasoning for his suspicions. Neutral on Kazumi. Again, post more please.

-kokirion-

Is doing an adequate amount of analyzing, but nothing huge. Not quite fluff, but not as much as others have been doing. Neutral on kokirion, but slightly leaning Town.

-zack125-

Hasn't done any analyzing at all, other than what he said about/to Jo and when he talked about the night scene. However... despite him voting for Jo after she had already voted for him, this post comes off Town to me. Also, he was nowhere near this aggressive when he was the Godfather in Mafia 4. Leaning Town on Zack.

-Deku Shroom-

Has only posted 3 times. >_> Despite the low number of posts, what he has said comes off as scummy. Most of his few posts were all fluff. Leaning scum on Deku Shroom.

-TreeHuggerPanda-

Is acting nothing like she did last round in which she was scum. Last round, all of her posts were either fluff or her bandwagoning on whoever was in the light at that time. She hasn't been doing too much analysis, but her posts don't come off as scum to me like they did last round. I'm leaning Town on Panda.

-green goron-

His posts have been quite fluffy to me. He was able to bus on HoM, who was leading in votes, even after some of the attention had turned to others, like myself.

green goron said:
Justeazy keeps responding with the same thing that Axle is contradicting himself which is true and he is playing scummy but I don't want to vote for him now.

Didn't want to vote for Axle because he just wanted to get HoM lynched, perhaps? Leaning scum on GG.

-Djinn-

Like several others, he hasn't posted a whole lot. Most of his posts up until he voted for Elfen did not have much individual analysis, as if he was afraid to single someone out because that would put himself in the spotlight. I haven't played with Djinn too much, but from what I can see thus far, his meta is similar regardless of whether he is Town or Mafia. I am neutral on Djinn.

-Durion-

Is playing like a Townie. Has done his fair share of analysis, and is playing much like he did last round in which he was Town. I'm a bit neutral on Durion, but slightly leaning Town.

-Elfen-

Elfen is an enigma to me. Honestly, he's doing a wonderful job of confusing the Town. As I said earlier, confusing the Town is NOT Pro-Town behavior... but, again, Elfen is an enigme to me. (No offense, bro. It's just how your meta plays off to me.) Neutral on Elfen, but I'm pretty much lost on him...

-Jedizora-

All fluff. No joke. The closest he's come to making an accusation this game was with this post where he talked about the possibility of MK9 being the SK. But there were "No accusations here," as he deliberately said himself. Leaning scum on Jedi.

-Axle the Beast-

He's certainly playing like a Townie. But Axle is a very good Mafia player, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is Mafia. Axle has done a lot of analyzing, and has offered much information throughout the game. However, some of his posts in the beginning did seem like no more than cover ups for what Justeazy accused him of. (Despite the fact the Todo was the Executioner... not sure if he'd actually be scum hunting or just pulling our chain like a Mafioso would.) I'm completely neutral on Axle. Not going to lean on any side.

-jdenicholls-

Seems to be playing much like he did last round in which he was Townie. He's helping out the Town with analysis and whatnot, and I don't see much that is suspicious from him. Leaning Town on Jden.

-Josh-

Josh is another enigma. He's been considerably more active this round than he was in the prior round when he was the Vengeful Townie Enabler, which actually was a pretty powerful role if you had thought about it. It surprised me that he wouldn't want to play as that. How does that play into this round? I'm not sure lol. I honestly can't discern Town or Scum from Josh at this point, so I am neutral on him.

-Meego-

Pretty much posts as she always does, for better or worse. Just goes on a gut feeling... doesn't do much analyzing... but seems to just be playing it safe. However, her being suspicious of me from the beginning (as she claimed) makes me lean Town on her (as weird as that may sound). Btw, Meego, not personally fond of your play-style... but leaning Town on her right now.

-Ninten*-

Has five posts. About zero substance in any of them. Ninten* is not one I've played with before, but the fluffy, lay-low posts make me wary. I'm neutral on Ninten*, but... I would sooner lean scum on him.

-Dracomajora-

Seems to be acting like his Town meta. He's never too aggressive, so there's no change there. Eh... leaning Town on Draco.

-Go_Dark_Link-

Is posting his opinions on Mafia. He actually isn't doing a whole lot of individual analysis or making any accusations, but his posts are not fluff-ish. I'm pretty much neutral on him, but leaning Town at the moment.

-Master Kokiri 9-

I know Tyler is a fairly advanced Mafia player, so I don't trust him in the least. I do not know his playstyle, so I really cannot discern his alignment with what he has posted thus far. I'm neutral on MK9 for right now.

-Keyshe-

I'm leaning Town on Keyshe. She doesn't seem nearly as uptight in her posts as she did last round in which she was 3rd Party. She seems more care-free and easy this time around, which makes me lean Town on her.

I'll have you all know this took me an hour and a half to compose. @_@ Some of my latter ideas might not be as strong as my earlier ones, though, because I don't have much time to finish this up. All in all, Hero of Time sticks out to me the most as scum.

Vote: Hero of Time

The timing of Elfen's vote obviously indicates and clearly spells out that it was because of mine, but that's common to follow a vote you agree enough with rather than initiating a bandwagon on your own. I don't think that alone is very unusual, and once again is pretty in-character for Elfen.

For the record I might be voting for Elfen too, if it weren't for the fact that this isn't unusual for him and that there are far stranger behaviors at play right now. Jedizora most so.

Austin

Austin
Regarding my inactivity the past few days; I've been away from home for the past few days with only my iPod, which is terrible to use as a device to browse these forums on. I'll be coming home tomorrow so I'll post more and analyze then. Sorry guys.

Oh my god, you guys are bickering like numbskulls. If you have an issue with a player outside of the game, then whatever, but do not impede meaningful discussion and scumhunting with petty vendettas. I don't agree with Jo's vote but it makes sense. Zack is voting for Elfen, and Jo clearly stated she thought Elfen was subtly claiming roleblocker, thus whoever votes for them must be scum. That's her reasoning, and it's standard Jo behavior.

Close, replace elfen with Zack and you got it right.

I firmly believe that Zack was blocked in the night, which is why he claimed there was a role blocker among us. And I think the wording of his post alluded to him saying he was the role blocker, although he's pulling a mafia scum tactic of out the doctor. Only replace doctor with role blocker.

There is no vendetta here. Zack is a smart player. So we will have to look at every little thing he does in order to discover his alignment. He is like yourself Axle... Great to have as a town, but very deadly to the town as scum. I felt like the timing of his post, coupled with what he said, alludes to him being scum. And I stand by my vote unless a greater candidate comes forth, in which it will be time to re-examine the scenario

Kybyrian

Vote Count

Jedizora 3 (Axle the Beast, Elfen, jdenicholls)
Elfen 3 (TreeHuggerPanda, Djinn, Hero of Time)
zack125 1 (Baysiderulez)
Baysiderulez 1 (zack125)
Hero of Time 1 (Soldier of Link)

Yet to Vote 14 (Austin, Kazumi, kokirion, Deku Shroom, green goron, Durion, Josh, Jedizora, Meego, Ninten*, Dracomajora, Go_Dark_Link, Master Kokiri 9, Keyshe)

Jedizora

:right:
Yeah, I've completly forgotten about this. But yeah, I suppose I should give explanations. The whole thing analizing my own posts, I misunderstood Keyshe. The whole thing with my posts being fluff, thats all my fault.

Yeah, I've completly forgotten about this. But yeah, I suppose I should give explanations. The whole thing analizing my own posts, I misunderstood Keyshe. The whole thing with my posts being fluff, thats all my fault.

It's not a particularly compelling explanation really. If you are town I feel for you because towns do make scummy mistakes, but it's hard to let you off the hook unless new evidence comes to light.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Well, unless some one wants to claim right now and bring it up to them selves to get things started by all means. I won't take the chance to be lynched or roleblocked.

So....This was said because you know that if you tried to claim anything, your claim would quickly fall through because either you wouldn't be great at defending it, or you know you're mafia or third-party, and are not willing to risk the chance of being caught?

I see.

That's a good point Josh. If you want someone to roleclaim Elfen, just roleclaim yourself. But I don't see how roleclaiming could help us right now. The Mafia could just lie saying that they are a Townie. You're probably not good at defending your claim, like Josh said.

VOTE: Elfen

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I got some catching up/analyzing to do but, for starters I am going to carry my vote over from day one. As Axle has not addresses or responded to my concerns and suspicions satisfactory yet and I haven't found a better candidate for a lynch/vote yet. Let's see what happens this day :/
Vote: Axle

Last day's suspensions/questions were:
MK9:
Here.
I have found his new play style confusing and hard to read. But it stands out that he has posted an untrue statement... never heard of a name cop. Odd and a minor thing but it did really surprised me. He also encouraged a very dangerous tactic that we had more then one protective role so our Cop would be safe to make themselves known. Earlier even brought up something about a bomb and that VTs should be the only ones to hammer... this would make it clearer who has power roles... how would this help the town?! This looks very odd and role-fishing to me or some where in there he is making a claim...
SOL:
Looking at her over all behavior she didn't seem to take this game seriously, just having fun messing around. Kinda distracting, doesn't have to be scummy but perfect way to hid it. Now she has seems to have flipped in attitude trying to play more seriously, a change that I find a little odd. Looking at how she played as mafia in game 6 her behavior is different from then. But one thing that looks a little similar when HoM voted on her she got defensive spent the day going after HoM. But stating here and there she didn't want to take the chance on killing a power-role. :/ One post stating she was almost certain of him being scum then says she was worried about killing the bodyguard...
Axle:
Still am waiting on his response to my suspicions/concerns that isn't deflective. I heavily think he is scum as he has been waaaay to deflective and ignoring suspicions.
Jedizora:
Here.
Jedizora said:
I've completly forgotten about this. But yeah, I suppose I should give explanations. The whole thing analizing my own posts, I misunderstood Keyshe. The whole thing with my posts being fluff, thats all my fault.
Okay... that maybe true but I still have to go with that this looks odd and fishy. I mean I stated some concerns and brought but quotes but you responded saying there was nothing there and I was wrong. My last post to you brought up that there were concerns that aren't being addressed. And you still aren't, it really looks like you are avoiding what you did that looked scummy hoping I'll drop it.:/ What you said to HoM was very, very weird and putting that with how you are responding to me... it makes me think you are scummy.

Need to look at more people, and inactives post more please:puppy: Baybay why you no comment on Axle more? You said you would... T_T

Austin

Austin
MK9:
Here.
I have found his new play style confusing and hard to read. But it stands out that he has posted an untrue statement... never heard of a name cop. Odd and a minor thing but it did really surprised me. He also encouraged a very dangerous tactic that we had more then one protective role so our Cop would be safe to make themselves known. Earlier even brought up something about a bomb and that VTs should be the only ones to hammer... this would make it clearer who has power roles... how would this help the town?! This looks very odd and role-fishing to me or some where in there he is making a claim...
I've been gone a while, but when I left I recall MK9 playing in a similarly flashy style, so not much of what he's said or done is that surprising to me personally. However, he may have developed a new play style in the time I've been gone, in which case it would be odd behavior for him.

The one time I was scum, I deliberately avoided posting like this simply because it was the easiest way to avoid suspicion, everyone just assumed I was being lazy rather than intentionally hiding. I get this sort of vibe from Jedizora right now, so FoS on him. And before someone says that the same argument can be used against me, keep in mind that I didn't merely forget about the game, I was physically incapable of contributing until now.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Look, I'm all for not standing for a scummy player, even if the chance is 50-50 that he's Town (which Elfen basically is most games he plays in, at least in the past), but Panda, at least keep it in context and not be single-minded about this. Elfen is always like this. You may think it's a slip-up, sure, but he's like this every game. Doesn't mean it isn't a slipup. Doesn't mean it is.

I'm mostly ignoring the fact that "Elfen is always like this" because it just seems to be an excuse to not even pay attention to his posts. I'm not going to just say that excuse to anyone so I can just look into someone else for a while. I know it's natural for him to always have this scummy meta, but even then, this is an advanced game, not Beginner's Mafia so everyone has equal skill in my eyes (at least from the start).

And while you're technically right that a Townie has nothing to lose by dying, you need to keep a number of things in mind. Chief among them is the fact that this is a game. There's winning, and there's playing, and in general the primary goal for someone playing a game is to play. Dying on Day 2 is generally not considered playing, at least not to a satisfactory level for the person who dies. Not wanting to die is not a scum trait, but a player trait. Being willing to die is more of an advanced tactic, and one that applies equally to Town AND Mafia.

As of now, I'm ignoring town numbers since it's only Day 2. I know not willing to die is a trait that applies to all the players, but remember, we always get at least some evidence each day. Even if a vanilla townie dies, there's still the posts that can help us pinpoint scum.

And I have a gut feeling that Jedi is town. Even if most of his posts are just fluff, it seems like one of those things where you have to wait and see before you should start pointing fingers :\

Nicole

luke is my wife
Keyshe said:
Looking at her over all behavior she didn't seem to take this game seriously, just having fun messing around. Kinda distracting, doesn't have to be scummy but perfect way to hid it. Now she has seems to have flipped in attitude trying to play more seriously, a change that I find a little odd

As I said before, I was a bit disinterested in this game up until a few days ago. I had Mafia 6 to worry about, lol. Besides, I didn't want to troll the game past Day 1. I do apologize for not caring up until this point, though.

Keyshe said:
But one thing that looks a little similar when HoM voted on her she got defensive spent the day going after HoM. But stating here and there she didn't want to take the chance on killing a power-role. :/ One post stating she was almost certain of him being scum then says she was worried about killing the bodyguard...

I was unsure of the truth of his claim. I didn't think he was lying, but some things he said made me think he was scum. Not to mention the fact that his "subtle" role claim on Day 1 was incredibly... not well thought out. I also thought that by doing so, he was confusing the Town, and whether it was intentional or not, confusing the Town is NOT Pro-Town behavior.

To recap, my main suspicions as of now are Hero of Time, Jedizora, Ninten*, and green goron. My votes remains on HoT until further notice.

Kybyrian

Vote Count

Elfen 4 (Ninten*, TreeHuggerPanda, Djinn, Hero of Time)
Jedizora 3 (Axle the Beast, Elfen, jdenicholls)
zack125 1 (Baysiderulez)
Baysiderulez 1 (zack125)
Hero of Time 1 (Soldier of Link)
Axle the Beast 1 (Keyshe)

Yet to Vote 12 (Austin, Kazumi, kokirion, Deku Shroom, green goron, Durion, Josh, Jedizora, Meego, Dracomajora, Go_Dark_Link, Master Kokiri 9)

12 needed for majority lynch. Day ends Wednesday, July 13. Poast 3 times per day.

I think from what's been said by others, and by myself on Elfen, that I'm going to do the following...

Vote: Elfen

People keep saying that you're meta is usually scummy, but that's not an excuse, I don't believe anyone else has been able to use that defence effectively either. Also, from the fact that your meta is scummy, it means that you're not helping the town a great deal by causing a lot of confusion, even if you are a Townie, thus it's a situation in which it's better that you aren't really around not matter what your meta is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom