• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 4: Majora's Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

But you called me here...
So is anyone going to place a vote yet? I'm a little confused as to why we haven't been discussing users roles and relationships with townies or mafia. It seems to me that we're just discussing things that sorta comply with the game. Yes, the roles are unimportant and unnecessary, but they are fun to think about. And then what did Viral Maze mean by "Also, everyone with a power role should feel bad... Very bad."? It seems to me like there are two different ideas that could explain it are going on right now. Mod explanation would be pretty helpful right now.

most likely what happened is that power roles did nothing at all, which means we cannot rely on our pro-town roles to do anything good for us. (atleast the non-lethal ones) For example- Cop (if there is one).
I don't know where you came up with this. I agree that they likely didn't do anything, but I don't agree that it automatically indicates they're all useless. I actually commend them for not doing much of anything, as they had no information whatsoever to go on. Sure the Cop might have been able to do something, but we don't even know if the Cop exists. Doctors are useless. RoleBlockers aren't exactly useless just pointless; they have no idea what they're doing. With no posts to go on this first night would have gotten us nowhere as far as abilities are concerned.

This game will wait for no one. And with this "majority or no lynch" rule this could really hurt us, townies. Especially if there are lots of inactive players. We are still within the first 24 hours of daytime. So I am not too terribly worried yet, this is a fast paced game, we should be on our toes.
You misread/misinterpreted the first post. The Majority Lynch rules are the same as always. If the Majority number is reached, Lynch happens. If not, and no one has more votes than the others, then an automatic No Lynch. The No Lynch rule itself is pretty dangerous, I agree. I think it can be useful during the first day or so, since there's little information to go on and no way to make an educated decision. POSSIBLY one the second day as well, but it really depends.

*Joins the congregation of members to discuss what will happen*

So who's going to put the first vote down? There are so many non responsive people out there right now... I don't know who I should vote for!

*panics*
I'm glad no one has put a vote down yet. I mean it's bad to be passive the first day, but a vote in the first page or two of posts is just stupid because there can't be any information by that point.

Trying to figure out which character is which role is completely useless.
Exactly. Figuring out which roles exist makes sense, not which characters have the role. While it's fun to discuss, it's distracting. And in my experience unfocused Townies are one of the key contributors to a Mafia victory. Furthermore, you're assuming they're roles we're familiar with. While they may still be in this game, don't assume anything because assuming we know something we do not will be deadly to us.

Obviously we showed we couldn't even handle that.
I fail to see how this falls on the Townies in general. Even if this indicates a complete screw-up on the part of the people with roles (which it doesn't), that's on them not the bulk of the townies. Several players haven't even shown up yet. Statements like this don't help us.

Perhaps, but that wouldn't be consistent with the game mod's note at the end of his Day 1 post. The way he worded it, it sounds like for certain, no power role participated in the night time activities. However I could be wrong.
It probably does mean that, but let's not be presumptuous. Not knowing something is a disadvantage. Thinking you know something that you don't is far more deadly.

Jo is being very serious about Mafia. Anyway, this is the first post. I don't think that figuring out what each role is in relation to a Majora's Mask character is important, but it is still kind of interesting none the less.
I've noticed that. I think her behavior is pretty out of character for her at this point, actually. And as I said before, yeah, it is interesting, but it's breaking our focus.

Actually, you have to keep all game related discussion in this thread, and only in this thread. As per the rules, you may not talk about this game in any other medium, be it the Sign Up thread, or PMs.
Except for the Mafia of course. They still need to discuss privately with each other. Actually, same could go for Masons if they exist. :P

Anyway, to sum it up... I think that people need to stop discussing about which characters have which roles. It's actually dangerous to the town. Also stop putting so much attention on what Viral said. Yes it's a clue, but it also is driving us to make assumptions and is building hostility towards the players with roles, more of which are going to be Townie than Mafia.

Also I think Jo (Baysiderulez) is acting strangely. She seems very bitter and hostile currently. Now I know her to always play seriously in Mafia and bring up suspicions, but her attitude is still out of character because it's way more aggressive than usual for her. I don't think she'd be stupid enough to change her attitude like that if she was Mafia though, but I still want to note it and I'm keeping an eye on her.

FOS: Baysiderulez

17 of the 23 players in this game have reported in so far. While it seems nobody has made a curious move thus far. Perhaps we need to initiate a RVS (random voting stage for our newbies here). Perhaps those who have yet to report in are the suspicious ones, perhaps there are already scum among us. Last game Jetter did a very bold move and nobody caught on to it. In his very first post he wrote "I am Mafia" by capitalizing each letter as he came upon it. Will our mafia be so bold and so cunning this game? Its hard to know for certain.

I suggest starting to filter your lists now and discover who is the biggest threat.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
i haven't played any other game like this one so um who is in this game?

17 of the 23 players in this game have reported in so far. While it seems nobody has made a curious move thus far. Perhaps we need to initiate a RVS (random voting stage for our newbies here). Perhaps those who have yet to report in are the suspicious ones, perhaps there are already scum among us. Last game Jetter did a very bold move and nobody caught on to it. In his very first post he wrote "I am Mafia" by capitalizing each letter as he came upon it. Will our mafia be so bold and so cunning this game? Its hard to know for certain.

I suggest starting to filter your lists now and discover who is the biggest threat.
Random Voting is moronic. It accomplishes nothing, and is worse than premature voting. The notion that it could weed out odd behavior be who votes for who is completely eclipsed by the random chaos of the event.

Look at the first post and read it throughout.

Okay I might be the first person to vote. Thats only if nobody votes for about ten posts.
Do you have a reason to vote? I wouldn't make random claims or decisions like that. You're only being a problem player, which means you're either problematic townie or newbie mafia. Both of which are dangerous to the town...

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
i am not going to vote first because i don't want to
I don't want to be the first one to vote because I hate being the first one to do things. And I have no clue what to say.
So is anyone going to place a vote yet? I'm a little confused as to why we haven't been discussing users roles and relationships with townies or mafia. It seems to me that we're just discussing things that sorta comply with the game. Yes, the roles are unimportant and unnecessary, but they are fun to think about. And then what did Viral Maze mean by "Also, everyone with a power role should feel bad... Very bad."? It seems to me like there are two different ideas that could explain it are going on right now. Mod explanation would be pretty helpful right now.
I don't think it's a good idea to vote just yet any way guys, the game has just started. Very few posts and few posters, why rush a vote?
Well Hero, trying to figure out what the roles are (not MM character) might have some merit, but there is no evidence to what they could be until the night and next day, that sounds like a wast of time we need to be spending on other discussions. Plus trying to figure out who has roles could get our pro-townies killed. Mafia usually know who one another are, we would be helping them more then our selves. Almost every game I've played when some one says maybe such ans such id the cop, that person is killed. At this time perhaps it would be better to be looking for suspicious behavior and try to take out the mafia?

IGMEOY: Hero of Music (are you pushing for an early vote with no evidence or reason? Wanting to movie the discussion into speculation that is fun but unhelpful?) and Bayside (she very serious and seems to be annoyed at the pro-townie roles, perhaps rallying us against them? With not a whole lot of reasons...) Not much suspicion but I do have some...

That happens sometimes when double posting. It's easy to tell that it was an accident as it says you edited your post a minute before the post was written, heh.
Ah I see, thanks. I'll watch for that then, and try not to double post much as well...

David

But you called me here...
I understand that. I just wanted to get a more active discussion about the game and current players, not about the MM characters that apply to each role. But I got my eye on Axle, Bayside, and Keyshe. All acting suspicious...

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
And then what did Viral Maze mean by "Also, everyone with a power role should feel bad... Very bad."? It seems to me like there are two different ideas that could explain it are going on right now. Mod explanation would be pretty helpful right now.
Those who know will know. Those who don't know don't need to know. ;)

You misread/misinterpreted the first post. The Majority Lynch rules are the same as always. If the Majority number is reached, Lynch happens. If not, and no one has more votes than the others, then an automatic No Lynch.
Actually Jo is right. I reread that part of the rules, and I can see where the ambiguity would arise. If no majority lynch is reached by the time deadline roles around, it will be a no lynch, even if someone is 1 vote away from being lynched.
Except for the Mafia of course. They still need to discuss privately with each other. Actually, same could go for Masons if they exist. :P
Modkill: Owen
>___________>

RTT, hombre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom