• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 4: Majora's Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
Well,the Prince would probably be the mayor,but I wonder who the vigilante is.Could it be Link?And the serial killer is probably Sakon.

Maybe the power roles didn't know they will supposed to nightkill someone since it was night 0 and there was no day.Anyways,i'm glad the games started.I wonder which characters have which role.Like it's obvious that the godfather/mother will be Majora,but I wonder who people like the vigilante or the roleblocker will be.

Nightkills weren't available on Night one, if you bothered to read the opening post. Only NON-LETHAL (non killing) night abilities, such as town, doctor ect..... (granted the doctor wouldn't have much to do) In attempt to give the townies a leg up (since we failed miserably the past two games as townspeople). Obviously we showed we couldn't even handle that.

Yeah, what Jo said. Something like that, I think we got off to a bit of a quick start. I barely even knew the game had started. I don't think everyone knows the game is one...

As Sherlock Holmes once said: "The game is afoot!"
It was a little obvious the game was starting. We all received our PM's and we all confirmed. Including the people with night roles.

*obligatory game opening post*
Also, I'm upset that power roles didn't notice this thread. It was only sticky! D :<

I am upset too. The only power roles that could do anything were the ones that benefited the town on Night 0. Which means its likely our Townie Helping roles will not prove to be useful this game. Perhaps that gives us a benefit in a way to know that we cannot count on them to be much help this game. We will have to rely on our own wit and intuition, if we are to be successful.

The game started, huh? Sweet. Let's be on our toes.
Yes, yes it did start.

Okay, the games started. This will be interesting. Dracomajora: Maybe the cop is the mailman, you know, he delivers mail to one person every night and sees their role. And I think Scarecrows could be the Roleblockers, you know, making them dance through the night. Sakon could be the serial killer. But who would be the Masons?

I imagine that the Masons would be the carpenters.

The masons could be the juggling twins.

Wait, what about Anju and Kafei?

Well,the Prince would probably be the mayor,but I wonder who the vigilante is.Could it be Link?And the serial killer is probably Sakon.

May I just point out that we are already getting in to dangerous ground? You shouldn't be thinking who the MM mask characters are in relationship to Mafia, but who the Forum members are in relationship to Mafia. The MM Character names are just for fun and have nothing to do with who is or isnt scum. So please lets stay focused on what is important.

And with that I have given you the greatest piece of advice I could on day one.

Baysiderulez said:
I am upset too. The only power roles that could do anything were the ones that benefited the town on Night 0. Which means its likely our Townie Helping roles will not prove to be useful this game. Perhaps that gives us a benefit in a way to know that we cannot count on them to be much help this game. We will have to rely on our own wit and intuition, if we are to be successful.
The Mafia roleblocker might have been able to use his ability on Night 0, since it can't kill. Maybe the Mafia's roleblocker will prove to be useless to them, also?

There's no point in trying to figure out what characters are what roles, we will find out eventually. Lets stay on topic and talk about the game

About the power roles comment, my guess is it had something to do with the abilities that were used during night 0. This is a closed setup game so who knows what kind of roles are out there

The Mafia roleblocker might have been able to use his ability on Night 0, since it can't kill. Maybe the Mafia's roleblocker will prove to be useless to them, also?

Perhaps, but that wouldn't be consistent with the game mod's note at the end of his Day 1 post. The way he worded it, it sounds like for certain, no power role participated in the night time activities. However I could be wrong.

Perhaps, but that wouldn't be consistent with the game mod's note at the end of his Day 1 post. The way he worded it, it sounds like for certain, no power role participated in the night time activities. However I could be wrong.
I was going off your logic of since the townie power-roles being useless because they didn't use their powers, that the Mafia's roleblocker would also be useless to the Mafia because he didn't use his power.

EBWODP:
I worded that strangely...

Fix'd:
"I was going off your logic of the townie power-roles being useless because they didn't use their powers, that the Mafia's roleblocker would also be useless to the Mafia because he didn't use his power."

Ah ok, I got you. That makes sense... Haha didnt think of it that way. That is if there is a mafia roleblocker.

I kept a journal last game and rated people by their threat level. I suggest you guys to the same... (Unknown Threat, High Threat, Medium Threat, No Threat) I also labeled to be what I thought their suspected role was. when it came down to the finish, I was pretty close to being on the mark. I would also write down post #'s next to their name if a post seemed suspicious or held good evidence against another person so I wouldn't have to read through pages and pages of posts to get the information I wanted. This overall proved to be useful.

Kazumi

chagy
Jo is being very serious about Mafia. Anyway, this is the first post. I don't think that figuring out what each role is in relation to a Majora's Mask character is important, but it is still kind of interesting none the less.

Ah ok, I got you. That makes sense... Haha didnt think of it that way. That is if there is a mafia roleblocker.

I kept a journal last game and rated people by their threat level. I suggest you guys to the same... (Unknown Threat, High Threat, Medium Threat, No Threat) I also labeled to be what I thought their suspected role was. when it came down to the finish, I was pretty close to being on the mark. I would also write down post #'s next to their name if a post seemed suspicious or held good evidence against another person so I wouldn't have to read through pages and pages of posts to get the information I wanted. This overall proved to be useful.
Smart move.

Jo is being very serious about Mafia. Anyway, this is the first post. I don't think that figuring out what each role is in relation to a Majora's Mask character is important, but it is still kind of interesting none the less.
Interesting yes, however, we can do that ourselves, or perhaps, if allowed, we can discuss that matter in this rounds sign-up thread.

God dammit, I'm making a lot mistakes :<
EBWODP
Yeah, I keep forgetting that the roles were never revealed, so yeah, if there is one, then the logic can work.

I am upset too. The only power roles that could do anything were the ones that benefited the town on Night 0. Which means its likely our Townie Helping roles will not prove to be useful this game.

We can't know that for sure. The vigilante might be useful to us.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun

I support this. There is no way one could possibly hope to keep track of a game in the later days WITHOUT writing things down in a Word file, or the like. It makes it easier to notice patterns, gives the town a leg up making it that much easier to catch scum, and to bring up points for discussion helping prevent game stagnation.

Interesting yes, however, we can do that ourselves, or perhaps, if allowed, we can discuss that matter in this rounds sign-up thread.

Actually, you have to keep all game related discussion in this thread, and only in this thread. As per the rules, you may not talk about this game in any other medium, be it the Sign Up thread, or PMs.

Also, if any of you are curious as to when the deadline is, there is none set currently. I'll let this day go for about a week, and then decide. If it is active, I won't set a firm deadline as to not hinder any discussions. If its inactive, then I will force a deadline within days.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Ah ...
No posting until Day 1. Everyone with a NONLETHAL night action please PM me your targets if you wish to use your ability.
Night 0 will last no longer than 48hrs.
There wasn't suppose to be any nightkills so the only other thing that couls mean is that thoses who could investigate like the cop or roleblockers didn't do anything? Or maybe
everyone with a power role should feel bad... Very bad.
means they did find something out?

EBWOP: I had meant to quote Dracomajora's post in my last post... There is also the possibility that the roleblockers got lucky... or unlucky. That is if we have them that is.

I agree with Bayside that speculating on what the roles are and could be might get dangerous, and could be used against us, plus discussing about what they are from MM isn't productive fun, but we should be focusing on the game at hand, we'll find out more about the roles and who they are by the nightkills and lynches anyway. Lets focuses more on finding the enemies (none towines roles.) There has to be some sort of Mafia group, not likely more then one group of them with only 23 players. And there would be more of us townies then them so... it's just like the other games really we just don't know what other roles there are. I would think there are no more then 5 of them, going with a 4 to 1 ratio...

... I didn't edit that... WTF...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom