• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link to the Past Japanese Commercial

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
This commercial for A Link to the Past is entirely in Japanese, but it is hilarious. It's a bunch of Japanese people dancing. Link looks rather feminine during the commercial as well. Princess Zelda is shown in a cage, and is under attack by enemies until Link comes to save the day. Afterwords Zelda joins Link and continues the obnoxious dance. The commercial concludes with a sweet variation of Ganon appearing, of which it is clearly a massive puppet, but cool nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjpHzLYHkwA

This commercial is not quite up to the nerdiness of the two Legend of Zelda american commercials, but certainly on par in strangeness. The commercial has been added to our Zelda Commercials page at the site.

Shnappy

derp
I really can't get enough of this commercial. I seriously just watched it like 10 times. These dancers have got some mad skillz, I mean look at stuff like from 0:17-0:23. I also love Link's voice in this... Like at 0:45. This thing seems like it took a lot of time to put together, though. I mean, look at that Ganon puppet. It looks awesome. This commercial is just awesome overall.

Saw this commercial a long time ago, actually, long before I ever saw any of the other Zelda commercials (bear in mind that I've never seen any of the commercial on TV, only on the internet).

It's great, really it is. Hilarious, and it's also both awesome and stupid simultaneously. :P

It's hard to determine if Link is a girl, or just a young Japanese guy. I personally think it's the latter, after getting a good look at his face.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Ah, I remember seeing this some time back. I found it pretty funny that they were dancing the first time I saw it, but I liked the detail they put into the costumes of the characters/monsters that was in the game. And, of course, the blow-up Ganon towards the end, was awesome. :)

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
I remeber this, when I was 8 i was looking on the web for zelda (before I joined the forums of course) and ran into this same vid. Thanks for bring back old memories Mases.;):D:nerd::clap:

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
When I saw this I thought Michael Jackson because of all the dance routines. This is definately one of the more interesting commericials of one of the classic Zeldas.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
They actually expected this to get people to buy a game!? :P hahha.

"Wow! Dancing people in costumes! I feel like playing Zelda now!"

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I have checked this out on Youtube a few times in the past and it still boggled my mind. It's just downright nutty. Really, in comparison, it makes the North American freaking out "ZELDAAA!" ads from LoZ and AoL quite normal.

I would agree though that some of the more odder characters are done really well. That Ganon puppet is really nifty actually.

In the end though, I think this ad is great for one reason. It proves* that there can still be extremely lame moments where Link doesn't talk. (*To those who say he's only lame when he does talk) :P

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I am very found of that commercial. It is both weird and cool for me. I find the song very catchy and I love to watch the dancing. They put a lot of work into it, in the set and costume. And Ganon is amazing done,.

Link does look very feminine here Mases. I am 100% certain that the link dancer is a young woman/girl. She even has the hint of breasts under her tunic, and the dancer's leg movements look like a woman's and so do the hips. I woman is often used in place of a male when he need to be young and handsome. Female voice actors are often used for male voices too, especially boys.

CZG

Good thing I've never seen this before!
Seriously, I doubt if I would ever buy thing game if I hadn't just played the 8-bit ones.
I think this advertisement is bad, I kid you not!

The Castellan

Going bump in the night.
Yep, that was a girl playing Link. She made a pretty nice looking Link at that. ;)
I liked that big dungeon set they shot this on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom