• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link and Zelda's Relationship

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Wrong, they do not force you at all. re-read what I wrote, I said they give you three ptions. 1) Go with Midna. 2) Go with Zelda. 3) Go off into the sunset, meaning you do not choose to have a relationship with either of them. It gives the ebst of both worlds to the people that want a relationship and to people, like you, that do not want one. That can make everyone happy then and it can also give us alternate endings to watch. I see nothing bad in that at all. Have the hints drop throughout the entire game and wait til the very end to choose whether you want to know is Link ends up with someone(who you can choose) or leave into the sunset and not know. They are not forcing you to do anything, you are given the full choice. This actually allows you to identify with Link a lot more because you are choosing your own characters destiny!

It would completely take away from the gameplay. What's the point of choosing? How does this have anything to do with the Zelda series and what significance would it have on the future of the Zelda series? It wouldn't have any significance. The world won't be saved because Link decides he wants to be with Zelda. Miyamoto and the gang focus on gameplay and this has nothing to do with it.

And it is forcing you to do something. It's forcing you to even consider it. Whether or not there is an option to not choose anyone, the thought process is being forced upon you.

Not to mention the work this would cause on the timeline. Having different choices that cause different endings. How many freakin' splits do you want in the timeline?

A

Angelmonster

I'm not going to argue with you just for arguements sake.

My opinion is still that of I would like to see what their relationship is. Too much if left open for interpretation.

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
Link and Zelda Married? Is It Even Possible?

I have seen some fanfics where Link and Zelda are married. Is this possible? I mean, Zelda is a princess, doesn't that mean she has to marry a prince?

And if they were married, would Link become a king, and how would the Royal Family keep the name Hyrule(as a last name, you know, like in Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule). I mean, I'm pretty sure Zelda's last name is Hyrule. How would they keep the name?

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
If you want to go on about possibilities, remember that TLoZ is a fairytale. Princes marry peasants and vice versa in books, movies, and other forms of media. As for keeping the name- perhaps the male adops the last name. Names do change, though. But maybe you should read a bit in the other topic.

Well, if you've read my other threads, you'll know that I don't believe that TLoZ is merely a fairy tale. I believe it to be something.....more.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I have seen some fanfics where Link and Zelda are married. Is this possible? I mean, Zelda is a princess, doesn't that mean she has to marry a prince?

And if they were married, would Link become a king, and how would the Royal Family keep the name Hyrule(as a last name, you know, like in Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule). I mean, I'm pretty sure Zelda's last name is Hyrule. How would they keep the name?

The keyword here is "fanfic"

This means that the fan can come up with whatever they want because it's not canon, anyway.

This isn't to say that it's impossible, but thus far it has not happened.

Zarom

The King
Link and Zelda have never been brother & sister. :):zelda: That's all I have to say.

Last edited:

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
it is really confusing! but I can't judge.... In twilight princess he was in love with Illia and now I have no clue! Ughh! But I would think that it would be Zelda is the Damsel in Distress and he is the Hero that save Zelda! But I have no Clue!

Last edited:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
what do you think about Link and Zelda's relationship?
I think that they could be brother and sister. they look alike in most games to me, and nobody knows who links parents are and they both have the triforce.

I do also see the resemblance but i don't think so cuz if they were siblings then link would be the prince of hyrule and really hes described as a person of humble roots who saves hyrule and zelda from certain disaster by just about everyone and i would hardly call 'prince of hyrule' humble.

Zarom

The King
Another thing you may want to know: Go see the end of AOL!!! :D There, you'll see something interesting. And I repeat Link and Zelda :):zelda: have never been brother & sister.

Last edited:

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Another thing you may want to know: Go see the end of AOL!!! :D There, you'll see something interesting. And I repeat Link and Zelda :):zelda: have never been brother & sister.

We only really see Zelda move closer to Link, but nothing much else. If other games of that era have anything to say about it, then yes, she has perhaps moved in closer to hug and / or kiss him. There's really nothing to see though! I wouldn't put much stock in this either, since Zelda had just woke up and has never actually met this Link before. She's probably just thanking him for waking her up, but otherwise this isn't the beginning of a beautiful relationship! :P

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
this is the basic relationship with link and zelda. Zelda is in trouble. Link saves zelda. Link kills/defeats/imprisions the person who endangered her. Occasionally they become boyfriend/girlfriend at the end. Nothing else.

They never become 'partners' at the end of any game. Once or twice it is suggested but Link never says 'will you go out with me?' Or anything of the sort. The closest to anything like that is Zelda moves towards Link at the end of AoL suggesting she will kiss him, but then the curtain comes down and we never see a kiss of the sort she could just be going to walk past him or anything. So no, they never become partners.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
They never become 'partners' at the end of any game. Once or twice it is suggested but Link never says 'will you go out with me?' Or anything of the sort. The closest to anything like that is Zelda moves towards Link at the end of AoL suggesting she will kiss him, but then the curtain comes down and we never see a kiss of the sort she could just be going to walk past him or anything. So no, they never become partners.

angelkid you're becoming a real thorn in my side:mad: of course it isn't specified but it's very strongly implied!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
angelkid you're becoming a real thorn in my side:mad: of course it isn't specified but it's very strongly implied!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

AoL is the only game that implies any sort of relationship, and that game was made near the very beginning of video games entirely. Back when the hero did get the princess. Times have changed. Now the hero can be just friends with the princess. The point is, it happened once (and that's not even for sure). It's never hinted anywhere else that they get together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom