• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Light force

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The Light Force...What is it? It is mentioned in the Minish Cap, and it is depicted as being a single golden triangle!
Is it a the complete triforce as some suspect?or is it another powerful artifact?post your thoughts about it

Master94

...I come back someday.
Well, it cant be fourth triforce, because then there should be fourth goddes.
I think it's some other power like fierce-deity.

Most people assume it's just the Triforce of Wisdom. It would make sense. I remember in MC, one of the people describing the Light Force as something like "A mystical golden power wielded by the royal family in the female line".
I guess it could be the entire Triforce, but when would Zelda have gotten that? It would make more sense if Link's Triforce of Courage was just never shown, and the Triforce of Power wouldn't be there, because Ganon/dorf isn't in MC.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I believe that it's a full Triforce... And the actual line in MC is that it was handed down over the Hyrule Royal Family for generations... nothing else xD
Also, the subject of the fourth goddess has always been discussed... some believe in the existence of a fourth goddess, and if you look with attention, it is a very good theory...
Some believe, that, the fourth goddess parted to termina(hinted by the four directions of the Clock Town), and also by the Stone Tower Temple wich looks like a whole mockery of the three golden goddesses.
Wich means that, if a fourth goddess exists, she may have been exiled or is the "evil" one... Some claim that she is the goddess of time, even though that Title is often associated with the goddess Nayru

In MC, it says the the Light Force was given to the Royal Family by the Minish. They wouldn't have the Triforce of any piece, let alone a complete force. I don't believe in the complete force pretty much because its never officially been hinted at or stated to exist. What I do believe is that the Light Force is not a part of the Triforce at all. The idea that it may be the Triforce of Wisdom is a very good theory, but how the Minish would have aquired that first is something that I don't believe can be answered.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Well... look at Link's shield, it has the triforce and a bird carrying away a fourth piece, so... it may be... may be not, let's hope one day, all the questions are answered

Ok, a few things here. First, SK, I'm pretty sure the quote from MC had to do with the power being handed down through the female line, like, only the princess's could wield it.
Also, in the prequel, with the stained-glass windows, didn't it say the Picori gave the Hero a sword and a golden power? I can't remember totally, but I'll check later today. If so, that would most-likely be the Triforce of Courage, so Zelda couldn't have had the entire Triforce. But like Dark_link01 said, how could the Picori have gotten any of the Triforce?
Didn't Vaati absorb some of the Light Force though? I know in the end, Ezlo said "Zelda may still possess some Light Force" so it sounds like she lost most of it to Vaati. In that case, I suppose it would be unlikely that it was the Triforce of Wisdom, because I don't think Vaati could have taken only a part of that; he'd have to take the whole thing, I'd think.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Yeah, it is weird, also, the triforce of wisdom also grants it's user the ability to take the wisest decisions, and Vaati didn't seem much wise... And i'll replay MC tonight to get along with the story at 100%...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
just because it calls it a golden power doesnt mean that its the triforce or any of the pieces. im sure there are more golden things in the world than the triforce, and gold is like the most precious thing in medievil times so it would make sense that something wanted by the people is gold. i do not believe it is the triforce or anything like that because i think that if a game involves the triforce directly then ganondorf would be behind all of it, but he had nothing to do with MC. the only reason the triforce is pursued by ganondorf is because he has the triforce of power so if he gets the other pieces he can make whatever wish he wants, but vaati cant do this so him getting the triforce of courage and wisdom would be useless. also, how come he would ONLY go after the triforce of wisdom and not the triforce of courage if it is supposedly in link? it makes no sense for it to be a triforce piece. i tihnk its an entirely different power altogether.

as for a fourth godess, i dont believe there is one that went to termina.

someone said that termina had four directions of the clock tower, that represents the four GIANTS that created termina and you even see the giants at the end of the game. many people believe that the piece being carried by the bird on links shield represents the triforce of courage that is within him.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Why are you always such a..............................grrrrrrrrrrr
Do you work with Shigeru and have 100% certainty about the timeline?if not, you can shove that arrogancy in a place that doesn't usually see the light of the sun!
Also, what other ways do you have that in termina they know of the Triforce, cuz it is depicted all over Stone Tower Temple, in blasphemic ways?

just because it calls it a golden power doesnt mean that its the triforce or any of the pieces. im sure there are more golden things in the world than the triforce, and gold is like the most precious thing in medievil times so it would make sense that something wanted by the people is gold. i do not believe it is the triforce or anything like that because i think that if a game involves the triforce directly then ganondorf would be behind all of it, but he had nothing to do with MC. the only reason the triforce is pursued by ganondorf is because he has the triforce of power so if he gets the other pieces he can make whatever wish he wants, but vaati cant do this so him getting the triforce of courage and wisdom would be useless. also, how come he would ONLY go after the triforce of wisdom and not the triforce of courage if it is supposedly in link? it makes no sense for it to be a triforce piece. i tihnk its an entirely different power altogether.

First, I'm sure that yes, there were plenty of golden things in medieval times, but golden power? Isn't that the common name for the Triforce? ALttP says the "golden power" at least once, referring to the Triforce. It's not likely, but I don't think what you said there has proficient proof to disprove that it might be the Triforce, or just the Triforce of Wisdom.
As for Vaati not going after the Triforce of Courage, no-one even mentioned it in the entire game, so it can be safe to assume that no-one knew Link had it. Hence, Vaati wouldn't think to try and take it fro him.

Kybyrian

Let's not turn this into a fourth piece thread. D: I think it's safe to say that on Link's shield it was for design.

Anyway, I think that it's speaking of the Triforce of Wisdom, but I'm not for sure. I haven't really touched MC in a looooooooong time.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
As i said before and i'll sayb it again, it can't be the triforce of widom because: a) it grants its user the power to take the wisest choices, and Vaati's decisions weren't that wise, b)how would the tiny Picori lay their small hands on such a powerful thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom