• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smoore

The Rational Theist
My three least favorite games are The Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, and Four Swords Adventures. I have beaten Four Swords Adventures, and I have attempted the other two multiple times. Those two I dislike because they do not feel like most Zelda games. Older fans would probably argue and say that most Zelda games are out of touch with the originals, making the originals the true definition of a Zelda game, but I disagree. The older games are obviously different because the developers decided to change directions with the series, so the current games are the face of Zelda. I will never enjoy the originals even if I do someday beat them because they do not feel like Zelda games to me.

Four Swords Adventures is a different matter. In opposition to Hyrule Historia's official timeline, I prefer to place this game between Four Swords and Ocarina of Time. (It can work, I promise you.) Because of this placement, the story of Four Swords Adventures ties in directly with the events of Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess—according to my theory. Nintendo's cop-out way of throwing it on the end of Twilight Princess, where it was conveniently out of the way, does not do it justice. They decided that each game should be basically self-contained, so that their backstories cannot overlap at all unless stated officially by them. But by shuffling things up a bit, a solid, rich, detailed history for ancient Hyrule emerges in which Four Swords Adventures plays a role.

That being said, the gameplay was not as captivating as some of the other games. I have played it with up to two other people before, so I have experienced the multiplayer aspect, but the single-player mode is not as fun, and the levels are WAAAAAAAY too straight-forward and uneventful. I liked the rest of the game, but the single-player bits have tarnished it for me.

Well in terms of console Zelda games I'm going to have to go with Wind Waker.
I feel as though the Cel-shaded graphics ruined that game right away. In my opinion that is not the direction for Zelda games to go.
The whole lot of nothing but sailing was very annoying to me, there was no incentive to go anywhere for me.
The fact that Zelda's descendants became pirates. I mean really come on... The Royal family has come down to petty thievery?
Now I'm not raging on this game saying it's not worth anything, I actually did enjoy it for the game it was just not as a traditional Zelda game.

In terms of handheld there are to many to be counted as a least favorite, such as Minish Cap, Four Swords (I'm aware of Four Swords Adventures on the GameCube, I never have played it.), Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks. I think you get the idea.

pit0010

GAME IT LIFE IS TO SHORT
well, the only zelda games i have played were SP, PH, TP and SS....sooo out of them..i would say PH...
just hated the fact u had to always repeat the same levels in the ocean temple.

however, i really wanna get my hands on WW...

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Well I have played a little bit of every game except the Oracle games, and my least favorite game is AoL because it is annoyingly difficult and you have to level up or risk losing your lives.

It's no wonder there are fewer posts here than in the "Favourite game" section,people don't have a heart to say the Zelda game that they don't like ;)

videogamenerd10

Indigo Child
my least favorite Zelda game is Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link. It didn't really feel like a Zelda game mainly because it was a sidescroller. Sure it did have the Zelda music that we all know and love but it feels to me like the black sheep of the bunch

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
Out of all the ones ive played (Oot, MM, SWS, PH, ST, WW, TP, FSA) i would have to say FSA. I disliked how that you had to have other Gameboy advances to play with other people. I didnt have any of those cords or extra GBA's to pass around. so single player is what i had to deal with. Currently im going after the 2nd maiden, the game itself is pretty hard to me. The one thing i do like about it is the 4 links and their swords. you have to get so many gem things for them to power up...i thought that was cool.
But yeah, FSA, not my favorite game in the world.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I'm going to have to go with Wind Waker. The dungeons were quite easy, and the side quests weren't very interesting. Also that sailing was very boring, it put me to sleep several times. Yes, I'd say WW is my least favorite. But I might change it, I haven't played all the games yet.

I like all Zelda games,but if I must choose one I have to say Link's awakening,I don't have any particular reasons,its just the one I had the less fun to beat.

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
Out of all the games I've played [OoT, aLttP, OoA, MC, WW, TP, LA, ST and PH], I'd probably have to go with
3. OoA
2. LA
1. aLttP
... Now I get that I'm gonna get a BUNCH of hate from this, but I guess... I'm not a retro gamer. I just prefer the newer games, that's all. -shrug-

L

LightningLink

I find Spirit Tracks the worst. The whole train idea does not seem to fit in with the series and a zelda game. Also the Conductor outfit of link looks kinda silly. Then new people who got a DS for christmas after the release played the game, found it bad and wont play a zelda game again.

Didn't like Zelda II :S , however of the other games... there are some parts that annoy me for every game
I was a little annoyed with the OCEANS in Wind Waker and how long it took to get to where you wanted to go... Then in Skyward Sword there was not enough in the sky... Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are on the simple side ... Twilight Princess seemed a little, void? Not that I really Hate any Zelda or have I listed all my dislikes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom