• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spirit Tracks for one reason and one reason only... Embrose's song. The first time i had no problem beating but the second time i played through it (and still haven't beaten it again) I have had around 8 or 9 hours trying to get the song right.

Tingletopic

Just another Lets player
Hands down, my least favorite would have to be Phantom Hourglass, first of I wasn't a big fan of the touch screen controls, every time I tried to swing my sword, my stylus would always hit the border at the end of the screen on my DS lite. the two only good things about it was the awesome bundle (which i got), and the creativity with the touch screen. But really, wind waker didn't need Two sequels NINTENDO.

X

xaeolus

(hi, new here) My least favorite is phantom hourglass as well. it was just too easy! just above that game, (among the few Zelda games I've played that is) is Zelda II : adventure of link. it was annoying that you couldn't switch between items, and couldn't carry potions.
however, I feel that Zelda II is my greatest gaming accomplishment, considering the fact that I beat it on a laggy emulator, and didn't know the trick for defeating dark link

I've beaten Zelda I, Zelda II, phantom hourglass, and twilight princess. I got past all the silent realms in skyward sword, and my wii promptly died.

For the games I have beaten, easily Wind Waker is my least favorite. Wind Waker is a very smart, and emotional game, but after a while the sailing just got to me.

My least favourite would have to be The Spirit Tracks; it was just way too easy, the travel was incredibly tedious and there was very little focus on the story. However the soundtrack was bloody amazing!

A

AndrewLink

My least favourite game is wind waker because of Ganondorf is like Santa Clause

My least favorite game is Wind Waker.

I just want to clarify two things. First, this is only considering the games I've actually played. If I were to have played Phantom Hourglass, I suspect I would be putting that here instead of WW. Second, you have to realize how highly I think of the Zelda series. Saying it's my least favorite isn't really saying much for me.

My reasons for liking WW the least? Well... first off it follows the trend of the modern Zelda games, and that includes being too easy, dropping more classic elements, etc.. I thought it was the easiest Zelda game, and that bugged me. Second, I thought the boat was a good idea, but I don't believe it was executed that well. There was very little time spent on land. Land gameplay has always been part of the Zelda series, and I thought that with the exception of dungeons, WW largely phased this out. If they were going to make a game with so much sailing, then I think they should have polished it more so that it was funner, had more to do, etc.. Really, the improper execution of the sailing is my key issue with WW.

Can't say I really disagree with you on anything. A lot of concepts in WW were good but there was just too much time spent on the boat as well, plus the changing of the winds got old quick for me. Needed a little more land time and not so much litteral needing to sail everywhere, though i suppose the tingle radar connections may have added a bonus to that.
WW = "I'm on a BOAT!"

Hands down, my least favorite would have to be Phantom Hourglass, first of I wasn't a big fan of the touch screen controls, every time I tried to swing my sword, my stylus would always hit the border at the end of the screen on my DS lite. the two only good things about it was the awesome bundle (which i got), and the creativity with the touch screen. But really, wind waker didn't need Two sequels NINTENDO.

Yeeea, can't say I disagree here either (I dont think WW shoudl have gotten ANY sequels but I suppose I can appreciate the differences for what they were...) PH is my 2nd least favorite. Then maybe Spirit tracks (which was much much worse with the instrument controls)

Z

ZeldaCrazed

I think every Zelda game has something amazing that made it unique, yes, even Phantom Hourglass. But my least favorite Zelda game is truthfully Four Swords, its a good multiplayer spin-off, but I would not place it in the main timeline because it was different, storyline wise.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Twilight princess for sure :(. Everything in it seemed like they TRIED to make it all epic, and sad, and emotional, and yadaa yadaa yadaa. I really felt no connection with ANY of the characters at all, especially Ilia (I thought it was pretty dumb that she liked your horse more than you! if Epona was a guy then there would be trouble). I did like it how Epona was in it, she was a great companion in Oot, so seeing her was pretty awesome. Also, Zelda barely had part in the whole thing, your "companion" Midna got like, the whole game to herself! yeah, definite least favorite.

I have only been a Zelda fan for 4-and-a-half years, Phantom Hourglass being my first Zelda game. However, that doesn't stop Phantom Hourglass from being my least favorite Zelda game. It just felt tedious to constantly have to sail back and forth between islands that can take as long as 3 minutes to arrive at. Also, the Zelda series is famous for having some of the greatest music in all of gaming, but Phantom Hourglass has almost no memorable pieces of music. Lastly, the gameplay gets really stale really fast. I'm not calling Phantom Hourglass a bad game, I only think it's low for Zelda standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom