• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Least Favorite Dungeon in Skyward Sword?

Least Favorite Dungeon in Skyward Sword?

• Skyview Temple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Earth Temple

• Lanayru Mining Facility

• Ancient Cistern

• Sand Ship

• Fire Sanctuary

• Sky Keep

• Total voters
I hated the Fire Sanctuary, the digging was rather annoying and i didn't like the underground sections at all, it also took me a while to get behind the worms to smack them. I thought all of the dungeons in SS were lacking and all felt very similar aside from the Sand Ship but the Sand Ship is what i hated the most. Being a dungeon-but-not-looking-like-it was quite cool but i think that made me expect more from it. Perhaps the boat could have started moving if there was a bigger time crystal to trigger and the boat get caught up in a cyclone or something at some point, perhaps during the boss fight for a better sense of immediacy. Most of the puzzles in the sand ship were pretty much the same one over and over and the only trick was to figure out when you needed to hit the time crystals and from which room so that you could advance, i hate puzzles like that and it all relied on the Bow and Arrow, whereas most of the other dungeons called for you to use everything you had.

Though then again the Lanayru Mining Facility was my favourite dungeon and that is the one everyone seems to dislike so what do i know ;P

I hated the Fire Sanctuary, the digging was rather annoying and i didn't like the underground sections at all, it also took me a while to get behind the worms to smack them. I thought all of the dungeons in SS were lacking and all felt very similar aside from the Sand Ship but the Sand Ship is what i hated the most. Being a dungeon-but-not-looking-like-it was quite cool but i think that made me expect more from it. Perhaps the boat could have started moving if there was a bigger time crystal to trigger and the boat get caught up in a cyclone or something at some point, perhaps during the boss fight for a better sense of immediacy. Most of the puzzles in the sand ship were pretty much the same one over and over and the only trick was to figure out when you needed to hit the time crystals and from which room so that you could advance, i hate puzzles like that and it all relied on the Bow and Arrow, whereas most of the other dungeons called for you to use everything you had.

Though then again the Lanayru Mining Facility was my favourite dungeon and that is the one everyone seems to dislike so what do i know ;P

Yep, I love the Lanayru Mining Facility as my favorite dungeon, but apparently it's getting a lot of hate.

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
The Skyview Temple and Earth Temple were too easy in my opinion. The Skyview Temple wasn't hard to find your way through and the Earth Temple was too linear. In the end I voted for the Earth Temple.

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
I would have to say Lanayru Mining Facility, because it was pretty boring, the item wasn't that awesome, the boss was a little easy and just a short dungeon I would have to say.

Braivety

FPT | Breb
quite honestly, i hate the lanyru mining facility. well, i mean, i guess i dont hate it, its just like, you show up at the facility, and ur just like, ''AWWWW CRAP!!!'' i hate sinking in sand and just stuff like that

Fig

The Altruist
My least favorite dungeon was the Sand Ship, only because since I'm kind of OCD, I couldn't leave a portion of the ship that still had sand inside to be blown away. Uggh, I just had to clean every bit of the ship, only to realize that the dust piles would return. There's a few couple of hours that I wished I could have done something more productive in the game than just clean the internal portion of the Sand Ship.

I actually don't know how to answer to thi thread. The thing is I actually liked all dungeons and it is very hard to define a least favourite. I definetly don't hate any. But I do think the Lanayru Mining Facility could have been less tedious in some parts, blowing the Gust Bellows in the fans of the moving platformrms was kind of difficult at times. And I do find somethings could be better in other dungeons but nothing in itself flawed to say I do not like them.

And as to Sky Keep, who says there is no boss in that dungeon? Dreadfuse is a boss and is complex and hard enough to be considering as one. Ok, I know it does not have the subtitles, but consider how hard and challenging he can be. That guy pushed me to my limit and was harder than some bosses. So even if he is not technically the Boss, he is an enemy that can be considered a significant threat. And he is amazingly cool and badass. Definetly one of the game's most memorable boss encounters.

Also, why does the Sandship get so much hate? Sure is not the hardest dungeon, but I love the concept, Scervo is an amazing mini-boss and the item is my favourite along side the beetle. Also consider how clever some of those puzzles are, the way to get to te dungeon is quite creative too. It also helps Skipper is one of my favourite characters. And the view is utterly gorgeous. The water and sky painting rendered in the background is jaw dropping and was one of the best scenaries the game has.

The sand ship seemed really dull to me... I had high hopes about that one but I was just bored the whole time

i loved the concept of the timeshift stones in the lanayru mining facility, and it was a good challenging puzzle, but i really wanted to get out of that dungeon ASAP. the song was just so annoying and it made the gameplay dull and uninviting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom