• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Least Favorite Dungeon in Skyward Sword?

Least Favorite Dungeon in Skyward Sword?

• Skyview Temple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Earth Temple

• Lanayru Mining Facility

• Ancient Cistern

• Sand Ship

• Fire Sanctuary

• Sky Keep

• Total voters
There are a total of 7 dungeons on Skyward Sword. Of the 7, which is your least favorite?

*Update- Changed my mind*
Mine is the Earth Temple. This is because the dungeon is REALLY short, and the puzzles were not as awesome as they were in the other dungeons. I also did not like rolling on lava, which if you went to fast you would have to slow down, or link would fall. Also the Boss just runs into bombs like a suicidal freak, and you can almost avoid damage easily from the boss.

-I have no idea why I said the Sky Keep at first... I love that dungeon. Probably because I posted this at midnight.

Last edited:

MW7

There are a total of 7 dungeons on Skyward Sword. Of the 7, which is your least favorite?

Mine is the Sky Keep. Even though the concept of revisiting dungeon themes is cool, I don't think this dungeon really captured me. I don't like that it does not have a Boss, and the concept of the whole dungeon. As you know the concept is that annoying slide puzzle, which is not fun.
Differing opinions can sure be interesting sometimes. I honestly feel almost the exact opposite about Sky Keep. Taking your general outline this is what I'd say about it: "Even though the concept of revisiting dungeons isn't my favorite idea, this dungeon really captured me. I didn't mind the lack of a boss, and the concept of the whole dungeon was pure genius. As you know the concept is the slide puzzle, which is quite possibly the greatest dungeon concept ever."

Anyway I just found your opinion to be very intriguing since I felt the opposite almost completely. My least favorite dungeon would be the Earth Temple because of its length.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'm not too sure... =\ Probably the Fire Sanctuary, and I'm hesitant in saying that. My "dislike" of it is most likely due to it's linearity and familiar theme of fire. I'm not very fond of the Lanayru Mining Facility either.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh but I did like Sky Keep. I liked the puzzles and I liked how all elements came back in that one. It was challenging. I have to go with the Lanayru Mine Facility. I hated that one to be honest because itr was so challenging and annoying at the same time

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
Sky Keep is one of my favourite dungeon concepts of all time. When I first examined the tablet and realised that the whole dungeon was itself a puzzle, I just drooled (not literally). It wasn't my fave dungeon of Skyward Sword though. But that's not what this discussion is about.

I didn't really have a specific favourite/least favourite. I thought they were all pretty par. But if I had to choose one, it'd be the Earth Temple. It just didn't really stand out for me. I felt like all I was doing was a string of puzzles, not an overall puzzle, which is what I think dungeons should be. After an allowable slow start with the Sky Temple, I give the Earth Temple the wooden spoon.

Special mention goes to Fire Sanctuary. I replayed OoT last week and experienced the Fire Temple, which is situated inside the crater of Death Mountain. I felt hot just playing the game, and the whole idea that I knew my job was to kill a Goron eating dragon made it all the more exciting. The Fire Sanctuary is the crater of a volcano. By the end of the game, Eldin Volcano has erupted, yet Fire Sanctuary seems less on the brink of eruption than Death Mountain Crater. Also, the lack of a proper bossfight devastated me.

Skyview Temple, the puzzles are too easy and you use the beetle twice in the hole dungeon (you can use it more but you can also use the slingshot).

The Earth Temple. It was quite short and really not all that interesting in terms of puzzles. :/ Plus I didn't really like the idea of rolling around in that boulder... Oh, and the boss at the end was pretty lame too.

TR8364

ZeldaFan
I haven't played through the whole game but so far the Sandship is my least favorite dungeon.
Not because I didn't like it or found it too hard, it was just because of the fact that for a dungeon that late in the game, I found it quite short and lacking is puzzles.

Ancient Cistern as a whole was underwhelming, one of my least favorite dungeons in the whole series, which is ironic because it had one of the two only good boss fights in the whole game, Koloktos
Lanayru Mines facility was memorable because I stayed up all of thanksgiving night for it :) (although I can see why its disliked)

lotrfanatic

ChronoPhoenix
There was no dungeon i didnt like but i have to go with Sky Keep, not because of recurring themes or lack of boss, but simply cause i suck at puzzles and this whole dungeon revolved around one. Because of this i repeatedly turned to a walkthrough to tell me the pattern of the slides, and that wasnt fun. but other than that i loved the challange, layout, and length.

My least favorite? I don't even need to think about it.

Lanayru Mining Facility. Don't get me wrong. That place is BEAUTIFUL. It's just SO ANNOYING. Sadly, my first time playing through, I died FOUR TIMES in the FIRST HALF OF THE DUNGEON. Seriously, I'm ashamed of myself, a serious Zelda fan. But I have never played a temple that I've despised so much to the point where I turned off the Wii. It took me about an hour to calm down and try again. Here's the thing: I love the whole you-can-go-to-the-past-where-it's-rainbows-and-pansies thing, but not the empty-barren-wasteland-and-never-ending-pit-of-death part of the dungeon. >>

Fire Sanctuary, I think I would say...
It was a same old same old Fire Dungeon/ Temple... pretty boring and straight forward... nothing really new..... linear?

My favorite is Ancient Cistern... i LOVED the theme... <3 <3 <3

I hated the sand ship,I was stucked on that part for a day,and when I was about to discover why was I stucked,a black out....(Only on my house...Didn't save....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom