• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Guinea

Basically Tingle
Avoiding the question? If there's a legal process you must follow then you must follow it. An open border does not mesh with how the law works.

Guinea

Basically Tingle
Ah, so they're still comitting crimes regardless. That's not good.

What game plan does one even have once they get here with nothing?

ExLight

why
Staff member
Avoiding the question? If there's a legal process you must follow then you must follow it. An open border does not mesh with how the law works.
I'm asking why you think illegal immigration is bad. Your arguments as to why it is damaging to your country.

You're telling me you just accept that it is bad because the law says so. The apartheid was endorsed by law, so was slavery. You can be critical of something that law endorses if you believe it is unfair or unreasonable. Just accepting everything written down is how conformism is born in a dystopia.

Link&Midna

Thug Lyfe
they generally work like an 1800s slave and live 10 to a room until they can crawl up the ladder, i guess our economy or jobs or something is better than in central america so they come here on the concept of being able to escape poverty once theyre in a better system. coming over illegally is not exactly living life on easy mode so you can assume that most of them are doing it out of what they think is absolute necessity

ExLight

why
Staff member
Ask for work, work at almost or at subhuman conditions to make a fraction of what a proper citizen makes, and use that to try bettering their family situation.

Ah, so they're still comitting crimes regardless. That's not good.
Are... are you looking at the graphs. They're much less likely to commit crimes than legal immigrants or US-born Americans. Bringing them lowers the country's crime rate.

Guinea

Basically Tingle
I'm asking why you think illegal immigration is bad. Your arguments as to why it is damaging to your country.

You're telling me you just accept that it is bad because the law says so. The apartheid was endorsed by law, so was slavery. You can be critical of something that law endorses if you believe it is unfair or unreasonable. Just accepting everything written down is how conformism is born in a dystopia.
This is modern day America, apartheid and slavery are long gone (well, there's sex trafficking which is still slavery, but that's illegal obviously)

Link&Midna

Thug Lyfe
i dont want free roam open borders cus lets be real mexico is cray
but if they closely monitored the border for drug/cartel shenanigans while being more lenient/efficient on the legal immigration system (because there is hella people who just wanna come here and work) that would be ideal but i dont understand any of the technological aspects of immigration policies so i cant really say much

Link&Midna

Thug Lyfe
Are... are you looking at the graphs. They're much less likely to commit crimes than legal immigrants or US-born Americans. Bringing them lowers the country's crime rate.
I don't know how trustworthy the stats can be, it is probably a lot harder to arrest illegal migrants when theres no way to identify them or track who they are (if the crime was witnessed and reported rather than having police on site)
i dont really expect they do more crime anyway but something to ponder
if they do its probably 99% drug trade but the stats themselves would cancel out because they hand those drugs off to legals

Link&Midna

Thug Lyfe
this convo reminds me of the 6th grade when we started talking about trump running for president in morning circle and a mexican girl started crying so we werent allowed to talk about him in class anym0re

Guinea

Basically Tingle
I was just thinking that if I were an illegal in Texas I would behave because, uh, I could still see Mexico right down the road.

ExLight

why
Staff member
This is modern day America, apartheid and slavery are long gone (well, there's sex trafficking which is still slavery, but that's illegal obviously)
That's... That's not the point.
These policies only became endorsed by law because of conformism of the population.

I'm asking you not about the obvious legal status of them. I'm asking why you see them as bad. Humanitarian, economical, political. Any real reason.

I don't know how trustworthy the stats can be, it is probably a lot harder to arrest illegal migrants when theres no way to identify them or track who they are (if the crime was witnessed and reported rather than having police on site)
i dont really expect they do more crime anyway but something to ponder
if they do its probably 99% drug trade but the stats themselves would cancel out because they hand those drugs off to legals
I don't think the numbers are off. I'm sure they're trustworthy since they're based on other academic studies and official governamental data.

Importing drugs into the country in small scale is likely mostly done by legal immigrants or visiting ones since they're easier to keep track. While most of it is apparently done through significantly-sized scale vehicles, so commercial fronts, not poor illegal immigrant families that end up blamed for it.

A John Doe in a country an organized crime faction doesn't have as much control is a lot harder to have going back and forth or to make sure they're doing it properly. If anything a good amount of these immigrants is also likely trying to flee the country to escape the cartel violence and control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom