• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I'm curious to how an industrial district will be presented in Minecraft.
Nah that was just a joke, I'm gonna build something cool with all the wood I chopped down. Thing is, after how much dirt that needed, I'm wondering if I'm even gonna have enough wood.
2023-11-16_12.34.51.png
I rented a large stack of mythology books from the library yesterday and I really hope the Librarian thought they were for a research paper bc otherwise it's maybe excessive XD
I've never heard someone use rent in a library context lol

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I've been having this story idea and I need to dump it somewhere:
The lights that were hung around the Venice bar's patio danced on the water of the canal down below. Most of the evening's guests had left for the night, and the cleaning staff had come through, placing the chairs on the tables that were unoccupied. There were, however, two occupied tables, one of which had a woman working on her university papers. The other was occupied by David Gray, who had his back to the water and did not notice the lights, as he was too busy swirling the liquor bottle around in front of him.

I haven't drunk the whole thing, he thought. There's still a couple of shots in here, along with the one in my glass..... Besides, I've been sitting here for what, 4 hours? It's not like I'm chugging this stuff down.

With that, he laid his head down on his arms. Being in this position, he did not notice the heavyset man approaching his table. If he had been alert, he would have noticed the man's unusual attire for such a location, being dressed in gray sweatpants, plastic sandals and a hoodie that declared "I'm afraid of the gummy bears."

The man sat down across from Gray, who offered no acknowledgment of him. He pulled out a cigar, lit it, and took a large drag. After blowing the smoke up into the air, he spoke in a heavy Russian accent.

"I'm killing myself later this evening, but I vanted to have company for one last cigar."

This macabre statement did nothing to elicit a response from David, but the Russian continued speaking regardless.

"Vell, legally killing myself. Zat is what ze newspapers will say in ze morning. As for what will actually happen in zat room... It is a bit more murky. I may or may not be ze one killing myself. But ze history books will say I did. And you know what they say, history is written by the victors."

The Russian looked out over the water and chuckled.

"Vhich is pretty ironic if you think about it."

This statement drew a response from Gray, who looked up abruptly.

"You bastard, what are you doing here?" he said angrily through the alcohol, glaring up at Victor. "Do you have the papers or no?"

"You Americans are all ze same," Victor said, shaking his head. "You care more about completing your job zan another human life. Also, I've never understood ze American obsession with drunkenness. I am ze most wanted man on ze planet, I risk at all to meet you here, and this is ze state you meet me in?"

Gray angrily reached across the table and roughly grabbed Victor by the neck of his hoodie.

"Listen, unless you want nuclear warfare to break out with China this weekend, you need to give me those papers," he growled, glaring at Victor with bloodshot eyes.

"I have no problem with that, my weekend is open," Victor deadpanned "After all, I vill be dead."

"You smug son of a...." Gray retorted, before being sick all over the table and then passing out into it.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I've been having this story idea and I need to dump it somewhere:
The lights that were hung around the Venice bar's patio danced on the water of the canal down below. Most of the evening's guests had left for the night, and the cleaning staff had come through, placing the chairs on the tables that were unoccupied. There were, however, two occupied tables, one of which had a woman working on her university papers. The other was occupied by David Gray, who had his back to the water and did not notice the lights, as he was too busy swirling the liquor bottle around in front of him.

I haven't drunk the whole thing, he thought. There's still a couple of shots in here, along with the one in my glass..... Besides, I've been sitting here for what, 4 hours? It's not like I'm chugging this stuff down.

With that, he laid his head down on his arms. Being in this position, he did not notice the heavyset man approaching his table. If he had been alert, he would have noticed the man's unusual attire for such a location, being dressed in gray sweatpants, plastic sandals and a hoodie that declared "I'm afraid of the gummy bears."

The man sat down across from Gray, who offered no acknowledgment of him. He pulled out a cigar, lit it, and took a large drag. After blowing the smoke up into the air, he spoke in a heavy Russian accent.

"I'm killing myself later this evening, but I vanted to have company for one last cigar."

This macabre statement did nothing to elicit a response from David, but the Russian continued speaking regardless.

"Vell, legally killing myself. Zat is what ze newspapers will say in ze morning. As for what will actually happen in zat room... It is a bit more murky. I may or may not be ze one killing myself. But ze history books will say I did. And you know what they say, history is written by the victors."

The Russian looked out over the water and chuckled.

"Vhich is pretty ironic if you think about it."

This statement drew a response from Gray, who looked up abruptly.

"You bastard, what are you doing here?" he said angrily through the alcohol, glaring up at Victor. "Do you have the papers or no?"

"You Americans are all ze same," Victor said, shaking his head. "You care more about completing your job zan another human life. Also, I've never understood ze American obsession with drunkenness. I am ze most wanted man on ze planet, I risk at all to meet you here, and this is ze state you meet me in?"

Gray angrily reached across the table and roughly grabbed Victor by the neck of his hoodie.

"Listen, unless you want nuclear warfare to break out with China this weekend, you need to give me those papers," he growled, glaring at Victor with bloodshot eyes.

"I have no problem with that, my weekend is open," Victor deadpanned "After all, I vill be dead."

"You smug son of a...." Gray retorted, before being sick all over the table and then passing out into it.
At first I expected this to be a spin on Breaking Bad fsr lol, but I like it, it does a good job of being intriguing.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I'm not sure what, if anything, I want to do with it from here. I'm not married to the nuclear warfare idea, or even the desired item being papers. Just needed something to throw in to add stakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom