• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Chevywolf:30

The one and only.
F3wzaVuWAAAokBS

Haters will say it's photoshopped.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
I know I’ve been hating on this guy for a while but like, what? How does the block feature not make sense? This is stupid

I think I might just leave the app now if the block button is going to be removed, there are certain people and bots on there I just don’t want to see or interact with me, that I was able to block before. This doesn’t even feel like “Who cares?” anymore. Like what if people’s harassers that they blocked come back because the block button is removed?

426E195F-B29A-4FAC-8C5F-4E59270FC1EE.jpeg

Last edited:

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
If you mute someone, they can still see your tweets though, and tag you and mention you. When you block someone, they know loud and clear you blocked them. With muting they have no clue. Blocking get rid of them completely, which is why it’s such an important feature for some people.

It’s not immature for example if someone is a legitimate predator or is harassing/trolling you and you want them to be blocked so they can’t interact or see your content at all or mention you. That’s logical. This opens the flood gate for people like past harassers and abusers and bullies and trolls to stalk their victims or who they troll. You won’t see them, but they can absolutely see you.

If someone sent me death threats or told me to “kys” or were an adult predator trying to interact with me, I wouldn’t want them to see my content or posts or be able to mention me again. I wouldn’t just mute them, I’d want them to not be able to even see my content forever, and be gone from my life.

Last edited:

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
I also just think it’s so hypocritical that he himself has people and bots blocked but removes the feature for everyone else.

Feels very much “rules for thee, but not for me”.

Why would he remove a feature he uses? He really just seems like a piece of ****, idk

Last edited:

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Yeah? Cause I have friends I talk to on there and accounts like art accounts I follow.

That’s not hypocrisy, that’s like saying that you can’t complain about the state of your country or where you live cause you still live there, or you can’t complain about a product if you still bought it, or you can’t complain about the state of series like Pokémon if you play Pokémon games. That’s stupid. I mean if a mod on ZD made a bad decision would you just say nothing or not ask to fix it, and if anyone on here complained about it, would it be “hypocritical” cause we still use the site?

Last edited:

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Last thing I’ll say about ill this cause I’ve said a lot is I have a mutual on there with 2,000 followers who followed me, a small account with not many followers because we have a shared interest in Ace Attorney, who has gotten harassers sent at them that they have had to block, with them back on, they could come back.

They can go back to Tumblr and Discord like they’re saying, but I worry about how their harassers could still view their stuff and possibly stalk them and their posts on Twitter. I don’t see how anyone can defend Elon’s decision

So people like this person who has been my mutual for quite a long time and who I talk to a lot will have their harassers unblocked. I feel bad for them because people have said pretty awful things to them, and many others will probably leave the app too because of Elon’s decision, and I’m just… mad

911A82C7-8F0A-4BE5-A6BE-5F7DD6D0ED85.jpeg

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
They are leaving, but they still seem really upset about how they might have to leave the app. Again, they still could have people who have harassed them come back unblocked stalking them and viewing their stuff even if they leave the app, so yeah, all the complaints about the decision are valid. I don’t know how you could think this decision isn’t bad or an overreaction, the only thing I’ve seen as someone rebutting the complaints is “why do you care?”, which really feels like a cop out. I have a reason to care.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom