• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kid Icarus: Uprising - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
D:

/me throws controller down

This is why I don't play sequels, I'm gonna go play the original Kid Icarus.:dry:

Big Octo

=^)
But, as some of the more observant members of the group had noticed, this death did not appear to have been done by the Great Sacred Treasure, nor were their weapon wounds. Instead, Draco appeared to have been shot with a single beam of energy.

Since I'm not very well-versed with Kid Icarus, who can help decipher this NK, with the possible character and role?

If I had to make a very uneducated guess, I'd say Pit, only because of the arrows in SSBB. :P

Sheik

:the:
Draco626 made a grand total of 1 post in Day One.

Okay, so who should our first lynch be?

I suppose the kill was based off of past experiences playing with him? Because otherwise, he didn't do anything important. Well, it was Day One, but still.

So yeah, Mafia kill and I dunno why Draco.

I'm not sure who the particular character that killed Draco is. There are tons of KI:U enemies that can shoot beams of energy. They shoot all kinds of beams. Red beams, purple beams, green beams... Jumpy beams, electric beams, fiery beams, beams from their eyes, beams from their palms...

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
lol 1 post

Kinda seems random; iirc this is the second straight game Draco626 has been NK'd. It's an extremely interesting choice, one that I'd love to see the reasoning behind.

---

Anywho, on to today's lynch. Seeing as how we really don't have much of anything on anybody, it's going to be tough to find a good lynch candidate. It's pretty late atm, so I don't have time to look through Thar's lynch. Maybe we can find something there? We have to start somewhere.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
Although it was supposed to be a period of rest, the night was filled with activity. Many had decided that they would be better off taking action into their own hands than wait around for the daytime to come.

Regardless, after one minor mishap was successfully avoided, it seemed that everything else was going to be quiet during the night. But when everyone gathered the next day, they noticed that their number was down by one. Confused, they searched the area until they came across another body. Yet another one of Viridi's forces had fallen -- this time, it was the faithful Nutski, also known as Draco626.

I suspect some form of doctor or roleblocker on our side, based off the bolded underline. Bodyguard's out, because they would have died. The real question is who was targeted. I would like to assume it was one of the players with the most votes from the previous Day, which would be Pendio and Mellow. Judging from the beam shot, this was probably the Mafia's doing. Since Viridi forces have died, I would suppose they are all pro-town.

Worry not Draco and Thar, we will avenge thy fallen souls.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Draco last night. Wow... definitley not who I was expecting.
se the kill was based off of past experiences playing with him? Because otherwise, he didn't do anything important. Well, it was Day One, but still.
I agree with this. I haven't played Mafia with Draco very much, so can anyone think of a person playing who's had some kind of rivalry with him in the past?

Rachel

be vigitant
We can look into the people who voted for Thareous...They had plenty of time to Unvote and cause a no lynch when clearly he did not seem to care that he was to be lynched and thus was probably not mafia.

Yeah, can everyone who voted for Thar give their reasons for it?
I mean other than a random vote.

Also, Draco's death seems to be the classical scum strategy to kill a player who did not participate much to prevent gathering too much suspicion on them. Which means that I could have easily been targeted instead. :dry:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So I guess the night scene gave us some clues as to what happened. For one, it seemed the night was filled with activity - this maybe refers to a lot of players using power roles?

This kind of confused me:

Herione of Time said:
Regardless, after one minor mishap was successfully avoided
Hmm what does this mean? I was thinking that it may be the Vig and I'll explain why. It's referring to a mishap on behalf of the Town and what would a "mishap" be? Well killing one of their own is the only mishap I can think of. However it's stated as being "avoided". So this essentially means it didn't happen. Maybe said person was bulletproof, maybe they were role blocked, or maybe the doctor protected said player?

Regarding the kill, I think think this is your typical Mafia NK. Townies gathered together, but one was missing - this looks familiar from other Mafia games in my eyes. The real question is, why Draco? Maybe I'll have to look over his posts, but it seems like somewhat of a random kill to me.

Keeping on the topic of the NK:

Herione of Time said:
But, as some of the more observant members of the group had noticed, this death did not appear to have been done by the Great Sacred Treasure, nor were their weapon wounds. Instead, Draco appeared to have been shot with a single beam of energy.
I'm not really familiar with the series so, for anyone who is, who or what does this refer to? It could shine some light on the situation.

When night 2 comes around and theres a second kill than this would confirm that a vig/serial killer was either roleblocked or the target was saved.
Roleblocker remmember who you targeted last night. If you target someone else this night and there's a kill than there's a large chance that whoever you targeted has a killing role. And to remove Doctor protection out of the picture, you could target your night one ...target at night 3 and see what happens.

...or what doesn't happen.
There's a really small chance that you and the doctor had the same target in two out of three nights.

Ofcource it's upto you if you would follow this plan and or reveal any information.
Even if you don't reveal it, the correct use of this information could save several lives.

Real question is, would risking someone over such plan is worth it.

But still, I don't really see how a murder attempt would be a minor mishap.
What else could it be?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hmm. Seems like Draco was shot by some sort of non-mafia player (don't quote me on this though, I know nothing about KI). The only thing that comes to mind is Pit's beam arrow things that he had in SSBB. If that's the case, I'd see him as probably being the Vigilante.

Is there anybody who can make any other connections of this "beam of light" to another character? That'd probably make it easier to confirm whether this kill was performed by the mafia or somebody else.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Here mellow
Skip to about 27 minute mark.[video=youtube_share;Iax9KT9t1Os]http://youtu.be/Iax9KT9t1Os[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom