• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kid Icarus-Is It Worth Buying?

F

ForeverZelda

Hey guys! Basically, I saw an advert for Kid Icarus for the 3DS and I wondered, Is it worth buying? I've never played a Kid Icarusgame before so I dont really know what to expect. For those of you that have this game, is it good?

Thanks! ^_^

~ForeverZelda :)

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
It's not really anything like the original; I haven't bought it yet because of Xenoblade TODAY, but it got fantastic reviews. If you're looking for a good on-rails shooter, I believe it is quite good in that respect!

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
I haven't bought it yet but I definitely will be. If you own a 3DS you have to get it...
Check out some trailers if you want to see it in action :3

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I have the game and I personally think its amazing. I love the dialogue between the characters as its extremely funny, the game is really big woth all the different weapons. The weapons are so diverse that no two weapons are the same. I could have a samurai sword that petrifies while you have one that freezes, and even then the chance of those effects happening are different. The music in the game is also amazing.

Air battles are pretty straight forward, they are the rail shooter of the game but they still present a great challenge. The land battle and boss battle are great because you can move freely wherever you are in the game.

Controls- Ok now this is a little difficult. After you play for a bit you get used to them but they are a bit odd web you start. Even still that are excellent controls and using the touch screen for aiming is actually very useful as its quicker than lining up the circle pad.

Multiplayer is one of the coolest things abouut this game, as you can just hop right into it and get great stuff for the story, or beat the story and use the amazing stuff in multiplayer. There are some powers you can't really find in story mode that you can in multiplayer.

I give this game a 9.5/10. The story is great and the combination of the music and witty dialogue really gets you into the game. The gameplay gets a little bit repetitive but it's always a challenge. Even if you're done with the story it's always good to replay levels on higher difficulty to get better weapons and powers to use in multiplayer. You will always be challenged in multiplayer whether it's friends or strangers. There are other features I haven't really touched on but all together these elements are combined perfectly to gain this score

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I was in a BestBuy yesterday, just browsing, you know. I went into the 3DS section, not expecting to find anything I wanted, then I saw Kid Icarus: Uprising, sitting there in it's lovely blue box... I remebered that I got special AR cards made specially for the game in my April issue of Nintendo Power, so I said "Eh, what the heck Eh!" I bought it, walked home, and loaded the silly thing... it wasn't silly for long though! I played through the first mission of the game, very nice, then I started browsing the Super Smash bros. Brawl-esque menus. I entered the online mode, and played a few matches in local multiplayer (there are tons of people who have it, so don't worry about not being able to play against anyone.) Those few matches I played made me realize what an astonishing game I had bought! The level of fun I had playing the crazy multiplayer mode is comparable to the thrill of slaying a Deviljho in Monster Hunter Tri or Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD...

I can keep rambling along about this masterpiece forever, but I'll just stop it here and say that this is the best game available on the 3DS right now. You will get hundreds of hours of entertainement for the very affordable price of $39.99 CAN.

You welcome, Cuju

You should definitely buy it. Its is now my favorite game on the 3ds and I just really enjoy it so much.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I haven't bought it yet, because I don't have the money, but I'm definitely wanting to, so yes I would say it's worth buying.

Hey guys! Basically, I saw an advert for Kid Icarus for the 3DS and I wondered, Is it worth buying? I've never played a Kid Icarusgame before so I dont really know what to expect. For those of you that have this game, is it good?

Thanks! ^_^

~ForeverZelda :)

It is totally worth it! I have played 30 hours of it so far and love it! Plus it just got a price drop. It makes hints about earlier games, but you don't need to play the earlier games to enjoy this gem. Don't listen to those review that tell you it is uncomfortable to play, if you use the stand then you should be fine :)

It is totally worth the money, I would consider it the best 3DS game. (OoT and Starfox doesn't count they are revamps)

Yes.It's a solid on-rails shooter/action game. The writing is absolutely clever and hilarious, especially when you get deeper into the game. The online is amazing, as well. It also has perfect replay value and a plethora of acheivements and unlockables. I recieved it on launch date, and i'm still spending lots of time on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom