• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Kazuya Mishima comes to Smash

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Well, after watching his presentation, he’s about as interesting as I expected, which is to say he’s not interesting in the slightest.

Having the original stick inputs was kinda neat the first time, but now that we’ve reached the 4th character to do this it’s kinda boring. Isn’t the entire point of smash from a mechanical standpoint to be easy to learn due to only having 4 directional inputs? I get that kazuya wouldn’t feel right without them, and I’m not saying that having characters with more than 4 directions should be outright done away with, but I feel like we’re starting from the point a little here.

Aside from that there’s very little mechanically that really leaves an impression. His neutral special is pretty neat, I’ll give him that, but aside from that all of his moves just seem kinda uninteresting. His various combos exist, but once again that kinda defeats the purpose of Smash in the first place. This isn’t Tekken, I shouldn’t have to memorize the combination to the safe at Fort Knox, the lyrics of Modern Major General, the opening paragraphs of every single Sherlock Holmes story, and the first 327 digits of Pi just to unleash a string of punches.

His “revenge” gimmick is just a worse version of Terry’s and Sephiroths. He gets a new move at a certain percent, but only one, and he can only use it once. It’s better than Pyra and Mythra gimmick of swapping between Mario and Dr.Mario, but not by much.

The Mii Fighters were once again the clear highlight of this presentation. I don’t think Dante, Shauntae, or the Dragonborn really had a chance of making it in, and they more than deserved at least a Mii costume, and I’m always happy to see a character I don’t want in smash get deconfirmed like Lloyd.

Overall, 4/10 update. Really could’ve been better.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The last character really needs to be something good, because aside from Steve this entire fighters pass has been a complete waste of time and money.
Steve is like the biggest downside of this entire Fighter Pass. He's by and large nothing more than a meme pick, having gotten in based on popularity alone.

Also, calling this pass a complete waste of time and money is a huge No. The Smash team might be small, but they put a lot of effort into building each character practically from scratch. It's important to acknowledge their hard work, and that even extends to Fighters like Steve.

thePlinko

ZD Legend
Steve is like the biggest downside of this entire Fighter Pass. He's by and large nothing more than a meme pick, having gotten in based on popularity alone.
Steve is literally the only character in this pass that’s iconic enough to deserve to be in smash bros. He’s no more a meme than Sephiroth is, and is just as iconic as Mario and Link. If anyone should be in smash, it’s Steve, not some nobody RPG characters like Pyra/Mythra.

Also, calling this pass a complete waste of time and money is a huge No. The Smash team might be small, but they put a lot of effort into building each character practically from scratch. It's important to acknowledge their hard work, and that even extends to Fighters like Steve.

That’s absurd. Obviously they put a lot of work into it, but the put work into the wrong aspects. I don’t give people participation trophies. If their product is crap, I tell them that, even if they put a lot of care and effort into it. Most of the DLC characters have ranged from underwhelming to complete garbage, and therefore this fighters pass was a waste of time and money.

MightyMario

The Vengeful Warrior | Drawn by Uwu_Oocoo2
Steve is literally the only character in this pass that’s iconic enough to deserve to be in smash bros. He’s no more a meme than Sephiroth is, and is just as iconic as Mario and Link. If anyone should be in smash, it’s Steve, not some nobody RPG characters like Pyra/Mythra.
but sephiroth is iconic

thePlinko

ZD Legend

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
That’s absurd. Obviously they put a lot of work into it, but the put work into the wrong aspects. I don’t give people participation trophies. If their product is crap, I tell them that, even if they put a lot of care and effort into it. Most of the DLC characters have ranged from underwhelming to complete garbage, and therefore this fighters pass was a waste of time and money.
you don't get to decide what's wrong, they've done great work representing each of these characters, even for a meme character like steve, if you think the fighters pass is such waste then quit following it, you're complaining about frivolous ****

MightyMario

The Vengeful Warrior | Drawn by Uwu_Oocoo2
you don't get to decide what's wrong, they've done great work representing each of these characters, even for a meme character like steve, if you think the fighters pass is such waste then quit following it, your complaining about frivolous ****
Exactly.

thePlinko

ZD Legend
I don’t play RPG’s but I know who he is.
You’re generally knowledgeable in gaming, aren’t you?

A Minecraft "character" more iconic than the Legend of Zelda? No way.
Minecraft is the highlight selling video game ever created. It’s outsold every single Zelda game and spinoff combined. It has more active players than any one thing Nintendo has every created. It’s really only beaten in how iconic it is by Mario and Pokémon, and only because they have more titles.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Minecraft is the highlight selling video game ever created. It’s outsold every single Zelda game and spinoff combined. It has more active players than any one thing Nintendo has every created. It’s really only beaten in how iconic it is by Mario and Pokémon, and only because they have more titles.
Best-selling ≠ iconic.

thePlinko

ZD Legend
you don't get to decide what's wrong, they've done great work representing each of these characters, even for a meme character like steve, if you think the fighters pass is such waste then quit following it, your complaining about frivolous ****
Except I do. I get to decide what I think is wrong and what I think is right. You do to. If you think it’s bad, you can. Don’t like that I have a different opinion on what’s good and what’s bad? Suck it up, buttercup. I’m allowed to dislike things. I’m following the fighters pass because I don’t want, it to be a waste, obviously. The “lol just don’t buy it” argument is incredibly stupid because it doesn’t resolve the issue.

Best-selling ≠ iconic.
no, but it’s a pretty damn good indicator of how iconic something is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom