• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Kazuya Mishima comes to Smash

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Fig

The Altruist
Tekken was the biggest fighting game franchise not yet represented in Smash. Kazuya's inclusion makes a lot of sense. I personally thought Heihachi would get in instead, but I figure he's been in enough crossovers so Kazuya is a fresher choice.

Main reason for Kazuya being included instead of Heihaci is that in Japan, VA culture is super grounded within entertainment. Even if they are just a voice, they are becoming that character. Unfortunately, Unsho Ishizuka (JP VA for Heihachi, Incineroar, and Joseph Joestar (Part 3)) passed away in 2018 and it's quite common practice for devs to either never cast the character again, reuse voice lines, or controversially replace the VA. Even though Sakurai said it was because Kazuya has the Devil Gene, I want to also believe that Japan's VA culture was also another factor to it.

Fig

The Altruist
Meh. On its own he’s a fine addition, but we’ve already gotten 4 other fighting game characters in Ultimate alone. We really didn’t need another one, especially when there are so many other genres that non-fighting or RPG fans would like represented.

The last character really needs to be something good, because aside from Steve this entire fighters pass has been a complete waste of time and money.

By that statement alone, fighting games are still very under-represented if they are only 4 out of 80+ characters. Not to mention Smash would not exist because of fighting games. Smash is based off KOF so having fighting game characters in Smash is a full circle which is beautifully poetic.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Except I do. I get to decide what I think is wrong and what I think is right. You do to. If you think it’s bad, you can. Don’t like that I have a different opinion on what’s good and what’s bad? Suck it up, buttercup. I’m allowed to dislike things. I’m following the fighters pass because I don’t want, it to be a waste, obviously. The “lol just don’t buy it” argument is incredibly stupid because it doesn’t resolve the issue.

no, but it’s a pretty damn good indicator of how iconic something is.
What issue? Complaining about money that no one forced you to spend? We all knew buying the pass would be a gamble. Guess what? you lost, so what? now we have see you come up every other week to be salty about it? the stupidest thing is you even exclaimed how your minecraft saved the DLC, so what happened? you didn't get more of what you want so now you complain, get off of it

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
You do know you can just buy the fighters you want individually, right?
I get that, and I will concede that I should have done that instead of buy the whole pass, but that still doesn’t change my opinion that these are bad additions.
By that statement alone, fighting games are still very under-represented if they are only 4 out of 80+ characters. Not to mention Smash would not exist because of fighting games. Smash is based off KOF so having fighting game characters in Smash is a full circle which is beautifully poetic.
I think the amount in the overall game is fine, but I think having a good balance in the newcomer roster is just as important as the whole roster. Even in the veterans though, our only puzzle character is Dr.Mario, our only FPS character is Samus (if you can even call her an FPS character). 5/80 characters being from fighting games is a lot compared to all of the genres that have literally nothing.

What issue? Complaining about money that no one forced you to spend? We all knew buying the pass would be a gamble. Guess what? you lost, so what? now we have see you come up every other week to be salty about it? the stupidest thing is you even exclaimed how your minecraft saved the DLC, so what happened? you didn't get more of what you want so now you complain, get off of it
Who said I was complaining about spending money? I don’t give a **** about money, I give a **** about the characters in the game because I love Smash. How is this such a hard thing to understand? I said Steve saved the DLC because I thought that sakurai finally decided to turn around and give us characters that are iconic enough to be in smash. Obviously I was wrong considering the next 3 would be this bad. I complain because I actually care.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Who said I was complaining about spending money? I don’t give a **** about money, I give a **** about the characters in the game because I love Smash. How is this such a hard thing to understand? I said Steve saved the DLC because I thought that sakurai finally decided to turn around and give us characters that are iconic enough to be in smash. Obviously I was wrong considering the next 3 would be this bad. I complain because I actually care.
You said it was a waste of time and money, so what money did you mean? If it was development money then that's just factually wrong. Their job was to put out working dlc fighters and we've been given working dlc fighters, so where's the waste? There is none, it's just bad b/c it doesn't appeal to your specific ruleset that you made up, just like any other complaining smash fan. You want iconic characters? We got sephiroth and kazuya to follow steve. And now all of sudden they're bad b/c they don't adhere to your genre diversity guideline which you pulled from nowhere, its always the same cycle

thePlinko

ZD Legend
You said it was a waste of time and money, so what money did you mean? If it was development money then that's just factually wrong. Their job was to put out working dlc fighters and we've been given working dlc fighters, so where's the waste? There is none, it's just bad b/c it doesn't appeal to your specific ruleset that you made up, just like any other complaining smash fan. You want iconic characters? We got sephiroth and kazuya to follow steve. And now all of sudden they're bad b/c they don't adhere to your genre diversity guideline which you pulled from nowhere, its always the same cycle
It was a waste of my money, but I’m not complaining that I wasted money. I perfectly understand that that it’s my fault I wasted the money, but i still wasted it. So what if I made up a rule set? It’s still my opinion on what i think makes for a good and bad character, based on what Sakurai and Nintendo themselves have said about the game. Don’t agree? Good for you. You don’t need to ***** about me having an opinion.

Kazuya and Sephiroth are iconic, sure, but nowhere near as iconic as a ton of other characters that could get in. Pretending I made up a rule specifically to have a reason to dislike them is stupid, since this reason literally only could apply once a good number of characters were announced anyway. Why is wanting a more spread out roster a bad thing? Why is thinking that we have too many new RPG newcomers a bad thing? You don’t have to agree with me, but I’m still allowed to have an opinion on the mater.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Not even gonna read all this back and forth but lemme just say Minecraft is arguably the most popular game of all time and is absolutely deserving of Smash inclusion, plus every stage had to be recoded just so his blocks would work. They probably put more time into Steve than any other fighter, so it really rubs me the the wrong way when people dismiss him as a "meme pick".

As for the newbie, not my thing but Smash is a fighting game and Tekken is popular so you can't really argue that his inclusion doesn't make sense.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
It was a waste of my money, but I’m not complaining that I wasted money. I perfectly understand that that it’s my fault I wasted the money, but i still wasted it. So what if I made up a rule set? It’s still my opinion on what i think makes for a good and bad character, based on what Sakurai and Nintendo themselves have said about the game. Don’t agree? Good for you. You don’t need to ***** about me having an opinion.

Kazuya and Sephiroth are iconic, sure, but nowhere near as iconic as a ton of other characters that could get in. Pretending I made up a rule specifically to have a reason to dislike them is stupid, since this reason literally only could apply once a good number of characters were announced anyway. Why is wanting a more spread out roster a bad thing? Why is thinking that we have too many new RPG newcomers a bad thing? You don’t have to agree with me, but I’m still allowed to have an opinion on the mater.
probably b/c it's less so your opinion but your awful attitude, you're allowed to be underwhelmed by the characters as much as the next guy, but throwing a hissy fit about it every other week is really ****ing annoying

thePlinko

ZD Legend
probably b/c it's less so your opinion but your awful attitude, you're allowed to be underwhelmed by the characters as much as the next guy, but throwing a hissy fit about it every other week is really ****ing annoying
When have I ever thrown a “fit” outside of byleth? Literally all of my discussions have been just talking about why I didn’t like them. Hell, I have prefaced each one of these with something along the lines of “meh.” The only reason why I have any sort of attitude is because you insist on acting like I’m an asshole for thinking differently.

Like I said, I will give you Byleth, I was incredibly pissed at that, and still am, mainly because of how it was downright insulting. But these other characters don’t make me dislike anyone any less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom