• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Kazuya Mishima comes to Smash

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I'd wager there aren't many Tekken folk on here, but either way, where do you stand on Kazuya coming to Smash?

I had a really good feeling it was Tekken related the moment we saw the cliff, since it's mirroring Heihachi throwing Kazuya off a cliff when he was a kid, then Kazuya doing the same to Heihachi years later in the first game.

I'm not super into Tekken, but I played a good amount of Tekken 2 and especially 5 on the PS2. So this was definitely a pleasant surprise for me, and fits that one more unexpected character I wanted role. And it's good to see another Namco person get in.

Fig

The Altruist
HELL YEEEEEEEEEEEEA WEYS! KAZUYA IN SMASH! I kept telling binches that there's no way Namco doesn't get another rep since they co-developed three Smash games (Smash 4/3DS, Smash 5/Wii U, and Smash Ultimate) with Sakurai and his wife being the only non-Namco employees working on Smash since 2013. Now Pac-Man has a friend and all the Smashers are going to cry and binch how "Kazuya is broken" or some dumb shiz. Hit them with the electrics, Kazuya! FGC always winning every day! https://tenor.com/view/tekken-kazuya-ending-gif-4978646

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Excited to finally see Tekken in Smash, even if it's only for the music. I don't care that much about Kazuya, although it's cool that another Namco rep made the cut.

Time to celebrate. (Serious F-Zero/Yakuza vibes)

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
He's not yet another Fire Emblem character or clone, so I'm down. Nice to see some representation from a new franchise.

Tekken was the biggest fighting game franchise not yet represented in Smash. Kazuya's inclusion makes a lot of sense. I personally thought Heihachi would get in instead, but I figure he's been in enough crossovers so Kazuya is a fresher choice.

I'd argue that spot belongs to Mortal Kombat.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Meh. On its own he’s a fine addition, but we’ve already gotten 4 other fighting game characters in Ultimate alone. We really didn’t need another one, especially when there are so many other genres that non-fighting or RPG fans would like represented.

The last character really needs to be something good, because aside from Steve this entire fighters pass has been a complete waste of time and money.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Meh. On its own he’s a fine addition, but we’ve already gotten 4 other fighting game characters in Ultimate alone. We really didn’t need another one, especially when there are so many other genres that non-fighting or RPG fans would like represented.

The last character really needs to be something good, because aside from Steve this entire fighters pass has been a complete waste of time and money.
what's the point for you though? you said the roster is already lopsided as is, would adding a puzzle game character or whatever really make any difference?

thePlinko

ZD Legend
what's the point for you though? you said the roster is already lopsided as is, would adding a puzzle game character or whatever really make any difference?
It would make it less lobsided. I really don’t get what’s so hard to understand about having a more diverse roster being better than a less diverse roster.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
It would make it less lobsided. I really don’t get what’s so hard to understand about having a more diverse roster being better than a less diverse roster.
8/10 dlc characters are already RPG or fighting, having 1 more character be neither won't change that and you're just gonna write off the dlc as a whole anyway by the time it's done
I don't disagree that there could've been characters from other genres instead, but I'm not gonna be all "dlc baaaaaad" just b/c of that

thePlinko

ZD Legend
8/10 dlc characters are already RPG or fighting, having 1 more character be neither won't change that and you're just gonna write off the dlc as a whole anyway by the time it's done
I don't disagree that there could've been characters from other genres instead, but I'm not gonna be all "dlc baaaaaad" just b/c of that
Obviously having the last character not being fighting or RPG won’t change the other 8, but it would still make the DLC as a whole less crap. It still wouldn’t be great, yes, but it would still make it better.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Obviously having the last character not being fighting or RPG won’t change the other 8, but it would still make the DLC as a whole less crap. It still wouldn’t be great, yes, but it would still make it better.
you'd get a whopping 3 characters out of 11, I asked you what's the point b/c it seems like a lost cause anyway from your side, your mind is already made up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom