• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is the Water Temple Really That Bad?

How hard was the water temple on your first time?

• Easy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pretty challenging

• Very challenging

• *Sobs uncontrollably*

• Total voters

WulfLink

Hero of Legends
I was only a young one on my first Water temple run, I was like ZOMG!!!!!!!! WTH do I do HERE?!? I was lost. Now I'm a living walkthrough of the temple, because I'd purposely make accs on my GC and just beat up to the water temple. But yeah. I almost said F*** this, and I threw a controller or two. :D

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I found the entire temple easy. Dodongo's Cavern and The Deku Tree were the only dungeons I found easier. Dark Link wasn't too tough for me. Never have lost to him. I also find Morpha to be one of three easiest bosses in the game.

YogLink

Water Temple Lover
Why Do People Say Water Temple is So Difficult and Annoying?

Today I finished the water temple and the enjoyment and fun the temple gave me got me thinking about why do people find this temple so bad and annoying. I liked it because after you got the logic of the temple (the three levels of the tower) the water leveling wasn't that bad. The temple was really organized and I think is simpler then the Forest Temple.

Maybe the reason was that you had to reset the water levels after dying and I don't even know if that's true cause I never died.

Last edited:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Been seeing quite a few of these Water Temple difficulty threads pop up lately, so I'mma just take the most recent few and... *Xinnamerged*

And while I'm at it, just gonna quickly throw my opinion out there. The Water Temple wasn't so much hard as it was different. You had to think in 3 dimensions with all the water levels, and so many keys were in out of the way rooms that you had to circle around several times to find them all. It was a maze in a way, which made you have to think differently than in other dungeons because you kept having to look for new rooms in old places every time you changed the water level. It's easy enough if you're carefully observant.

Also, I hated that the sword could not be used in the water. The limited weapon choices while in the water actually frustrated me more than anything else.

O

olimin

Oot 3D's Water Temple did seem easy. I thought the temple overall wasn't much of a challenge, although I did have to backtrack to get a missing key in the bothe the normal and Master quests. Farore's Wind helps a lot.

Conor

the over analysing guy
It's not that difficult, like all the dungeons it's reasonably challenging, thinking about where new keys could be, when the water level has changed and when you get the long shot, it's quite a fun temple really, I like how slowly all the doors in the hub area open up for you, it gives you a sense of accomplishment.

F

Faxanadu

Only thing I don't like about the WT is the constant changing of the iron boots and the water levels... boots on boots off boots on boots off... water up water down water up water down... ugh! But other than that I thought it had the best imagery and enemies. Dark link is my absolute favorite! The room looks so cool and he's fun to fight. Not as much as Iron Knuckle but fun none the less. :)

D

Deleted member 14134

If you keep track of the locations to change the water level and dont run around in circles aimlessly then it'd pretty easy. The first time it was abit challenging and anyone who says it was easy the first time around is kidding themselves.

T

Twilight Comet

This temple is not hard. Period.
Maybe some people had troubles but it wasn't that hard. I was actually kind of fun. I beat the game for the first time when I was seven and I didn't even know it was supposed to be challenging. It wasn't my favorite but I thought it was better than some. Maybe some people got bored of it considering the lack in the change of scenery or the back tracking. Water levels have always known to be slow in gaming but that dosn't make them hard. (I admit the Lakebed Temple in TW had me stumped :thinking:)

Yes, I think the Water Temple was pretty difficult. Although, I do not think it is as hard and frustrating as people seem to think. With common sense, (checking every room for small keys, defeating every enemy, clearing all puzzles, etc.) this temple can be completed whilst only a little bit of frustration. My only problem with it was having to change the water level when I missed a small key. I found that pretty tedious and annoying. It's difficult at first glance, but once you get the hang of it, it's really not that bad; so I'll vote "Pretty challenging."

If you'r playing the game the first time through there are some minor things that may pop up. First, there are a few trickey small keys that you might miss. When I played the first time through i spent seven hours looking for one small key. Also this is something I got used to after a while but again , if you're playing the game for the first time it can be frustrating always opening up sub screens to take on and off the iron boots. The last point i will make is the fact that the sub boss was more trickey than the "boss" boss. Again not an issue if you've played the game through multipull times other than that I thought it was pretty fun .

( feel free to delete ) I love how you can play ocarina of time over and over and it never gets old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom