• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is the Water Temple Really That Bad?

How hard was the water temple on your first time?

• Easy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pretty challenging

• Very challenging

• *Sobs uncontrollably*

• Total voters

Zaeker

Overlord of Userbars
I mean, I know people go on and on about how difficult/boring and painstakingly long the water temple is, but was it really that bad?

First off, I'd like to list some things I liked about the temple:

1. I loved how the temple was at the bottom of a lake! Just think about it, how cool is it to have a gigantic puzzle riddled (no pun intended) fortress under thousands of gallons of water?
2. I also enjoyed being able to use the ocarina multiple times to make the water rise and fall. I think the more opportunities for using the ocarina, the better!
3. Although the temple did seem a bit overwhelming at times, the temple was slow-paced making it not as nerve-wracking as the other temples.
4. I also loved that open feel the temple had and the rushing water in parts of the temple also made it more realistic and relaxing. ^^

Although I liked the temple overall, there were a few things that would make me want to break my controller:

1. The shell blades throughout the entire temple seemed to aggravate me very much :mad:, not to mention, gave me at least 10 game overs! (Especially in the whirlpool room when you were locked in the cage with them...)
2. I also sometimes had trouble remembering where certain places were in the temple because of its massive size! o_O

Overall, I think compared to the other dungeons in Ocarina of Time, the water temple was one of my favorites!

Well, so ends my rant about the water temple! But what's your opinion on the water temple? And which of my points did you agree with?

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I really don't see why everybody hates on it so much. To me it is one of the most creative temples in the Game! I also don't think it is that hard (Mostly because I beat it and then the game froze so I had to beat it again (Now I have memorized what to do))! Over all I love the Water Temple. I think the Boss is the Second most creative (first being Bongo Bongo)!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The WT really isn't that bad. Even if you're playing Master Quest (3D). For one, in the original the way you should go about it is work from the bottom to the top. Get all the keys at the bottommost floor, go up a water level, get the keys there, go up the last water level, fight the miniboss, do some stuff, get the boss key, say hello to Morpha, collect your heart piece and you're done. I get that you'll forget where to go occasionally (or frequently, who knows?), but as long as you remember "Down, middle, up", you'll be a-okay.

I agree about the shellblades, they just won't stay away! And I also like the rushing water, it puts my mind at ease unlike the Forest Temple's creepiness, or the Shadow Temple's pseudohorror theme. XD

Zaeker

Overlord of Userbars
The WT really isn't that bad. Even if you're playing Master Quest (3D). For one, in the original the way you should go about it is work from the bottom to the top. Get all the keys at the bottommost floor, go up a water level, get the keys there, go up the last water level, fight the miniboss, do some stuff, get the boss key, say hello to Morpha, collect your heart piece and you're done. I get that you'll forget where to go occasionally (or frequently, who knows?), but as long as you remember "Down, middle, up", you'll be a-okay.

I agree about the shellblades, they just won't stay away! And I also like the rushing water, it puts my mind at ease unlike the Forest Temple's creepiness, or the Shadow Temple's pseudohorror theme. XD

Oh! I completely forgot about Dark Link! :S He is one of the best parts of OoT altogether!

L

linebeck

The water temple isn't that bad.... if you're using a walkthrough.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I never thougt the Water Temple was really that hard. But I have an almost robotic memory for temples, so maybe it was made for people like me. :D

I always thought the only thing people needed to remember was that...

There is a key under the platform in the center structure when you raise the water level.

As long as I remember that, I never really have problems.

N

nintendolovebug

I don't hate it so but when it comes to the vicious WT well I
use the walkthru from my good friends at zelda doungeon!

H

Harmful

Hardest temple for me was the spirit temple on master quest...
For the normal quest the water temple is probably the hardest.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I honestly think that the water temple is, without a doubt, the hardest temple in OoT. I guess my mind just doesn't work the right way for the water temple to be easy. To me, all the other temples are a doozy, considering I have played Ocarina Of Time about 10 times, but I can never quite master the water temple. It really upsets me sometimes. o_O

MoblinPiglet

Prince of Moblins
The water temple is one of the hardest temples in the series for me, but it was enjoyable and it took me at least a week trying to beat it without a walkthrough. I dont really like temples that take one day to beat, cause then you beat the game to early.

M

MrGrimGamer

The Water Temple was pretty hard in my opinion for a few reasons.
-It was less linear, and had a lot of decisions in which way to go.
-On the original, equipping and un-equipping the iron boots was a real pain.
-You had to go in order of 1st level to 2nd to 3rd. You couldn't just jump a level.

The only thing that made the level fun was fighting mirror Link, which was totally memorable! The main boss though was a real bore though.

The first time, yes. Arguably the hardest dungeon I've done. Now that I've done it so much, it's not so bad. But I did the Water Temple the day before yesterday and I still made a couple mistakes that I had to go back and fix.

T

Triforcex38

I think that it's not too challenging but the first time it can be very tricky. the water levels can be a bit annaying but come on dark link is the best mini boss ever!

D

Deleted member 6224

My friend told me who works at nintendo actually said to me that they made the water temple easier in OoT 3D, I was really mad when I found out because I finished it in my fastest time ever

M

Metal_head

In my opinion the water temple wasn't harder than any other dungeon in the game. The changing of the water level just made it a lot easier to get lost and confused. All you really had to do was get used to the way the dungeon was set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom