• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tri Force Heroes Is the English version of Tri Force Heroes really delayed?!

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
With so much Japanese footage and screenshot of the game coming out like rapid-fire, so close to release next month, very little true English info on the game, a proclaimed delay of the NA version supposedly confirmed by a NoA rep in an IGN video, could Tri Force Heroes be only releasing in Japan next month and outside releases are delayed and changed to being unknown at the moment?

Could it be possible that Nintendo just hasn't finished the outside versions of the game yet? We still haven't seen much true English info regarding the game lately. Most of everything we've been seeing lately of the game has all only been in Japanese! What if it's worse?! What if the game is a Japan-Only release!

Now that I think about it, I have this fear that Nintendo could be switching to becoming a Japan only company!

What do you guys think? Could Tri Force Heroes be a Japan Only game? Or are the outside versions just delayed?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
If Tri-Force Heroes was a Japan only game they would not be advertising it on the Nintendo websites in other countries (I've checked both Australia and North America and they both are showing it with a release date).

I think that worst case is that they are having some translation issues and maybe they could delay the game but I very highly doubt that they would go Japan-only.

VitaTempusN92

Source?

I believe the release is still Oct 23rd here in NA. That's the date still listed currently listed on Nintendo's site.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pjaS5nCJ1sYFb-zGXsyzBQ_dfKQkN2mn

The IGN video I was referring to can be found here:

Watch from the 13:45 mark and onward, the NoA rep says it's coming this "Holiday" season. Note that the NoA members are the ones who translate for the North American audience. So I'm pretty sure he knows it's definitely not coming in Fall in English speaking regions. The game might make it to Europe before America, but both definitely not in the Fall like the Japanese version.

So, with that said, plus, seeing that we've mostly only been getting Japanese info lately before the 23rd of next month, that September is already almost over, and we still have very little true English info, there is a strong chance that English versions of the game really are delayed.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I think that this guy may have not got the memo that it was ok to say the release date and tried to be vague when asked? If I recall correctly a Nintendo employee was fired recently for talking about their job and I think that in general they are told to hold their tongues on most things.

VitaTempusN92

I think that this guy may have not got the memo that it was ok to say the release date and tried to be vague when asked? If I recall correctly a Nintendo employee was fired recently for talking about their job and I think that in general they are told to hold their tongues on most things.

Which employee was fired? Also, if you think about, the NoA rep is kinda right, especially since all Nintendo has been doing lately is focusing on so much hype for the release of the Japanese Version of the game. The last time we heard anything big and major about the English version was back at E3.

Edit: Looked the fired Nintendo employee news story. Found the employee who was fired was a guy named Chris Pranger. The NoA rep in the youtube video's name is JC Rodrigo and he's still working for Nintendo.

Last edited:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
This is the article I was referring to. After that, I wouldn't blame other employees to be careful about what they say.

I think that anything "big and major" about the Japanese version is also "big and major" in the english game because it is the same game just translated. Being a Japanese company, it's natural that they'd have more trailers in Japanese than English. To be honest, I haven't been following announcements closely but I won't deny a chance of a delay for an English translation with a lack of recent english trailers. However suggesting that it could be a Japan-only game when other territories have already announced it is a bit of an exaggeration I reckon.

VitaTempusN92

This is the article I was referring to. After that, I wouldn't blame other employees to be careful about what they say.

I think that anything "big and major" about the Japanese version is also "big and major" in the english game because it is the same game just translated. Being a Japanese company, it's natural that they'd have more trailers in Japanese than English. To be honest, I haven't been following announcements closely but I won't deny a chance of a delay for an English translation with a lack of recent english trailers. However suggesting that it could be a Japan-only game when other territories have already announced it is a bit of an exaggeration I reckon.

1) True but that mostly only applies to everything except the Character Names and World Names. So far we only know of the Japanese names for the characters and world(s), we still don't know the official English names yet.

2) Yeah, I wouldn't deny the chances either, especially with the lack of much true official English info peroid. I really do see that the chances of the English version being delay until Winter Season are very high since by the time the Japanese version releases next month, they would be just barely starting really hype up the English version finally. So yeah, there is no chance in hell that the English version will release in October, unfortunately.

3) Also true, I did kind of over exaggerate when I brought up the possibility but, I have my reasons. I always prefer to keep myself prepared for those worst case scenarios, so I tendency to over exaggerate sometimes because of that. I've had that over exaggeration tendency issue ever since back in 2005/2006, when I had to wait over a year just to get my hands on TP. That's why I always like to be prepared with lots of grains of salt cause we never know what will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom