• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Skyward Sword a Good Game or a Bad Game?

Is Skyward Sword a Good Game or a Bad Game

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• It is not the best but neither the worst game in the series

• Total voters

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I've already made my thoughts on this game known very well here at the forums, so I'm just gonna give a quick synopsis of them.

• Controls - Flawless
  • Gameplay - Fantastic
  • Story - Phenomenal, best in the series
  • Characters - Charming and excellent (even Fi)
  • Visuals - Gorgeous
  • Music - Grand
  • Overall Impression: Greatest game ever made

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I've already made my thoughts on this game known very well here at the forums, so I'm just gonna give a quick synopsis of them.

• Controls - Flawless
  • Gameplay - Fantastic
  • Story - Phenomenal, best in the series
  • Characters - Charming and excellent (even Fi)
  • Visuals - Gorgeous
  • Music - Grand
  • Overall Impression: Greatest game ever made

The controls really were amazing. The motion controls worked so well and added so much to the game.
All the little tweaks to the gameplay in Skyward Sword (motion control, the stamina meter, etc.) really made Skyward Sword stand out for me.
While I don't think the story is the best in the series, it's definately either #2 or #3 for me. It was fantastic.
I completely agree with you on the characters. There were so many I loved. Fi, Groose, Batreaux, pretty much everyone in Skyloft and Skyward Sword's Zelda is the best Zelda in the series.
The art style was absoloutely beautiful and the music is some of the best in the series. I got it onto my iPod right after finishing the game.

Skyward Sword is one fo the best Zelda's, probably the best Wii game, one of this generation's best games and one of the best games of all time.

Last edited:
Fi drived me crazy, and her voice...........wants me to shoot myself.
the game was OK, not the best, but no where close to how bad PH and ST were IMO

i loved skyward sword, playing it i had a blast, but looking back i dont really want to play it again in quite a while i think. it was just a little to much with all the cut scenes(even tho they where great) and the waving with the controls(and they where great too). and i didn't really like the revisiting of same places, like with the first temple and the realams stuff. but it had a lot of good puzzles and enemies and all that good stuff. so it was overall a very good game :)

Controls- Great
Map- The world's themseslves were ok, i need more! needs to be bigger! just didn't have that adventurous feel like every other zelda...some places better than others
items- they were used great, but felt bland
Story- best of the series, Ghirahim was amazing
Graphics- great, although didn't care much for links design
bosses- I've gotta say besides the last ghirahim fight which was so awesome on of the best in the seires(fighting moblins extremely included) and koloktos, these bosses were absolute crap, very disappointing I look forward to a great boss design and experience, I want that feeling that u might just die :)
Characters- Some were insanely great(ahem ghirahim and grosse) and even most of skyloft, but at some points the world felt bland I WANT PEOPLE EVERYWHERE
skyloft was great don't get me wrong, but I really would like them to do something with a big map to explore, u have a capital hyrule then u have smaller cities with humans and big cities with other races so there is much to explore which was not shown here and my biggest problem
overall skyward sword had its moments that outshine other zelda games(from the point of zelda's sleep till the end :D), but not enough as a whole

As a Zelda Game- 9/10
As a Game in General- 8/10....

-PACO HOOD

I would have to say that Skyward Sword was the most disappointing Zelda game. I am not saying it was bad(and definitely not the worst), it just didn't excite me or have the same effect as some other Zelda games had. I didn't love the motion controls (not saying they are bad, just didn't like them) and a good portion of the characters. Some music was good, other parts were just awful. It took FOREVER before it felt like the game had truly started and many parts of the game just left me feeling bored. I must admit, I was SHOCKED when I heard some people say that Skyward Sword was their favorite game of the series and the best Zelda game out there. Although I strongly respect their opinions, to me, it did not even come close to besting Ocarina of Time.

Skyward Sword made my 2011. The moment I played that game I was hooked. The story is absolutely amazing, as it really pushes nintendos story telling skills. The Controls are flawless, as I am one of those people who did not experience a problem with them. The music is breathtaking, as I could listen to it all day. The gameplay is outstanding, and the dungeons really test your Zelda skills. The sidequest are alright, and the game as a whole is amazing. True, it's definitely not my favorite Zelda game, but it's on my Top 3.

lotrfanatic

ChronoPhoenix
WHAT?!?!?!?!?

SS is my favorite Zelda title to date (though i havent played them all)

I thought TP was too (this might sound wierd) stiff. ALL the movements in the game and the sword attacks were too stiff IMO.

N

Nintendoprodigy

For me the game was great, when i first got it i couldnt stop playing it and beat it in a couple days i didnt know however that if you accepted hero mode your current data would be deleted thus forcing me to restart the game i played alittle of hero mode but quit shorlty a few months later i wanted to play it again and when i fired it back up i asked myself why i ever stopped personally in my opinion the story was great, graphics were beautiful, controls were phenomonal(with a few exceptions,)and the music was inspirational the day/night system was not so good unfortunately and hyrule was skimpy forcing you to repeat each area there werent very many sidequest's and zelda looks like she has a cold the whole time but still as earlier stated by many others the good definately outweighs the bad

It's currently my favorite game in terms of zelda. When I see people call this game linear, they are usually referring to the temples order, which doesn't bother me. There is also a lot to explore. Not as much as Wind Waker but there is. Getting Goddess cubes, Gossip stones, bugs, treasure, and heart pieces. To me Wind Wind Waker was the one Zelda that had the most exploring yet. I also don't get the complaints about the controls because well at least for me, they were easy and smooth.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You didn't like Skyward sword? How could you not like skyward sword? It is THE best Zelda game EVER! Look at the ratings it got
Liking/disliking is a personal thing, but EVERYTHING about SS made it unlikable in my opinion, everything but the sword controls. Oh, and ratings....Ocarina of Time = 99/100 on Metacritic. SS in comparison = 93/100. If anything OoT is the best Zelda game ever. SS might be the best RUSHED Zelda game. After TP anyway.
2. Why would someone judge a game based off of what other people rated it? That's asinine.
It's hardly asinine if you trust said reviewers; it isn't the "right" thing to do realistically speaking, but hey if I'll take your word for it then let's leave it at that. You know, how when apparently an area is dangerous and you only know that from word of mouth, but when asked to go in and prove it's dangerous you have other ideas? That's sort of the thing here ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom