• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Skyward Sword a Good Game or a Bad Game?

Is Skyward Sword a Good Game or a Bad Game

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• It is not the best but neither the worst game in the series

• Total voters

Garo

Boy Wonder
I'm confused. How was the story awful? It was the most developed and emotional story in franchise history. How were the characters meaningless? Characters haven't been more involved in a Zelda game since Majora's Mask. And how was nothing established? MotionPlus, the puzzle style overworld put to 3D (and perfected, at that), all items having equal use, and a freaking stamina gauge, which was a major factor to the gameplay. I don't like clashing with other people's opinions, but what you said couldn't have been more wrong.

Most of these are far from absolute statements, and I'd challenge you on most of these points. Vanitas didn't say anything "wrong", his opinion was just different.

I loved Skyward Sword, personally, but I think it's far from the franchise's best offering and certainly not one of the best games ever made. I'll admit to being very emotionally affected by some scenes, but overall I felt the story was mostly efficient - it got the job done and made you care enough to play through the game. I didn't feel a lot for the characters beyond Link and Zelda - everybody lauded Groose's story, and while humorous I felt that it was very rushed and poorly developed - to go from minor antagonist to sudden supporting protagonist as fast as he did is not particularly realistic. Vanitas never said that nothing was established in SS.

I tend to disagree with Vanitas' opinion overall because I very much enjoyed the game, but it's certainly not a wrong opinion.

My favorite zelda game. It was amazing and I was hooked. Every other zelda game I've played after it didn't give me the same magic as SS did.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
My all time favorites are OoT and MM as a pair. But for me, Skyward Sword comes after those 2. Controls/Gameplay were great for me (except when flying sometimes), the graphics are my favorite in Zelda so far. Not too cartoony, not too realistic. Story and cutscenes are one of the main things that took it for me, gives more depth on how everything started and shows more emotion. And about Fi, I agree she can be annoying at times (especially early in the game) but overall I think she can be lovable. I honestly don't know much more they could have done to make it any better for me.

I personally love cut scenes in games, and I love where there going with cut scenes in Zelda.
The motion controls weren't all that bad, not as near as horrible as Twilight Princess's (that's one reason I favor the GC version).
The biggest problems I had with the game was that I won't be able to just use a regular controller anymore, and the art style I didn't like. Hopefully they continue with the realism in future Zelda games.
I don't hate the game, but it wasn't my favorite. I love it's story, but like I've posted, it doesn't have that classic Zelda feel to it either.

Fi was REALLY annoying, and when you tried to hit a monster with your sword, it knew where you would cause its a CPU. I didnt like that. It blocked every attack before I even hitted it!

I really, really liked the game actually. Basically I was playing it non stop and had absolutely no life while playing it.. ahah

i think SS is amazing and agree with all the complaints and really think nintendo needs to go back to a regular controller and not motion ones but i think the goods are better than the bads

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom