• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Link Too Pretty? Not Tough Looking Enough?

E

edman1123

I don't think masculinity really matters in games like this. I look more at the gameplay and story than anything else.

T

Tdwprocks

Well keep in mind that they are still finishing up the graphics and what-not, so we dont actually know what Link may look like. But Link is not some tough mean old guy, he is just a teenager/kid who is saving the world. He is just Link, making him look tough will ruin who link is, but Idk.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
Link has always been an androgynous sort of male, in all the games.
I thought he actually looked more masculine in this one than in Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess.

He can't look too tough because that would ruin the image we all have of him:
I like him looking androgynous rather than IN YOUR FACE MASCULINITY.
Androgyny was normal back in the Middle Ages, which seems to be the (closest) time period to Hyrule.
Most men were NOT that muscular, especially the nobles. They looked awfully feminine in their puffy-sleeved tunics and tights, but still retained masculinity because of beards and such.
Link has no beard so he just looks androgynous. <XD

Anyways...
I find his new design very appealing. I mean, he's wearing actual pants in this game!

Z

Zeldalover93

I think he should be fair and handsome. If he looked ugly, than he would not be the "Hero of Time" in my opinion.

RamboZelda

bullets of pure awesome
I do think SS Link looks a little feminine. His lips are too defined, almost as if he's wearing lip stick, and he looks like he's wearing mascera.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
First of all, a boy can NEVER be too pretty. Just look at Sheik, Sora, Riku, Cloud...ect.
Secondly, I think Link IS tough-looking. One can be tough and pretty at the same time. Like Xion.

However...I DO think his eyelashes have always been a bit...out there. Easy, Breezy, Beautiful. Coverelf.

ZRetsirk

MUWAHAHA!! ß ) ∑ Π []
well, they could make his muscles a little better and his face... ouch

now thats what i call a kool looken link

F

Fruitynomnoms

For all we know, Link's androgyny (I misspelled that, didn't I?) could be to appeal to the female fanbase. Or, at least, Nintendo's idea of a female fanbase. He's slowly evolved into a bishounen (granted, not as much as Square Enix's male characters, yo.) throughout the years in my opinion, though that may just be a result of the art style modernizing. If you aren't a little weaboo like myself, a "bishounen" basically means "pointy-faced she-man", however the literal translation is "beautiful boy" or something. To me, he never appeared feminine until you all got me thinking about it. When it comes down to it, even if the main character you're playing is a futa, does his (her?) appearance matter if the story behind him/her is good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom