• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Link Too Pretty? Not Tough Looking Enough?

well guys that are too girly looking is like why bother being a man. what is more disturbing is guys that act girly. that's really disturbing! i think link look girly becuase of the cel-shading. i'm not sure they can make link look really mannish with this art style. he looks like he has more thickness to him than tp link did. he was stick like in that. don't people know that guys are not suppose to be scrawny? it's like these women that go around and make men shave their legs. it's not right! let men be men. but you know most japanese characters a girlish looking. it's that way in anime and in video games. i just don't get why?

T

Twilight_Prince

well guys that are too girly looking is like why bother being a man. what is more disturbing is guys that act girly. that's really disturbing! i think link look girly becuase of the cel-shading. i'm not sure they can make link look really mannish with this art style. he looks like he has more thickness to him than tp link did. he was stick like in that. don't people know that guys are not suppose to be scrawny? it's like these women that go around and make men shave their legs. it's not right! let men be men. but you know most japanese characters a girlish looking. it's that way in anime and in video games. i just don't get why?

Idk, iv read A LOT of mangao.o, watched A LOT of anime, and played TOO MANY video games, all of the dudes are femeine. maybe the writers are trying to appear sensitive to pick up women. eithe way, link lookes manly in TP and noone can argue wit dat

in tp. yes facial wise link looks manly but i was talking about how big link was and he was scrawny in weight and muscle mass. and what i meant by them not making link look mannish was in the ss graphics not the tp graphics. you can't make men look mannish in a cartoony video game. i don't think the anime people are trying to appeal to women. a friend of mine in high school was chinese and she drew all her characters the same way as in anime. so did her brother. i think it's an asian thing.

I think he looks fine, although I do like the twilight princess face more than SS. It doesn't really matter to me though as long as the game is great I'll be happy :) .

Besides he may receive changes if nintendo feels he needs to look different. It could have just been a demo link.

i agree. what he looks like doesn't really matter. as long as the game is good that's what matters. i think what was shown at e3 was just the base they are starting from. they showed us this just to show us something. i think he will look better in the final game.

Nice name and Sig Icetomeetyou LOL :D . Also I agree I really like that he's wearing pants in this game It looks a lot better in my opinion. :)

i agree. a guy in tights is just weird. if i wear tights it's ok i'm a girl but guys aren't suppose to wear tights. actually in tp it doesn't look like tights it looks like leggins.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Wow, shopy01, that is totally, 100% sexist.

Yes, it is, but...seriously, a man should probably not wear tights...to each his own. I used to wear spandex tights when I played football in the winter...but that was different...and I know people who wore tights for theater...but that, too, was different...still, there is something a tad goofy about men in tights...sexist or not, 'tis so.

no it's not. men sould be men and women should be woman. i guess you didn't learn this but men and women are different. we are designed differently, we think differently.

One should never pre-judge any individual in particular...or let stereotyping blind them to individual persons...but, GENERALLY, this is true...even if specifically our preconceptions of what is male and what is female may mislead us.

but this is america and i have right to voice my opion.

Yes...even if outside America, you have the right to your opinion...though it may not be recognized in every country in the world.

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
I think Link looks fine the way he is.
Anyway, I have a theory as to why he dresses in tights and a tunic!

Link's family is very poor. They can only afford to get new clothes once in a few years. So, Link has just gotten a new green T-shirt, which is so big he has to wear a belt to hold it in. He is due to get new pants, too, but he is called to save Hyrule just before he can.

Taa Daa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom