• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is it just me?

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
Or is MM just damned annoying?

Seriously, I like the Zelda-style gameplay of course, but it's just tedious. Every damned time I pick up the game I have to go and do what I've already done again. I start after having saved and gone back in time, and then I go through the forest temple and get the bow for the hundredth, time then I kill the boss and go through the princess thing as fast as I can, then I run all the way to the mountain, then I shoot the thing, then I walk up the path through to the Goron place, then I jump across the feathers, then I get the lense of Truth, then I go climb the mountain and release the Goron, and then I RUN OUT OF TIME AND HAVE TO START OVER WITH THE SONG OF TIME!!
Is this how this game is supposed to be? I think I might have a bad copy of the game or I might have accidentally activated some secret glitch or something because everyone seems to like this game, but I have so many problems with it.
Anybody?

Xander, you must have a serious glitch in your game, because I own a copy of MM and after I save, and open a file, I never have to obtain items like the bow again. But temples are reset. But I always start out where I left off unless I didn't save.
If you keep having problems, try copying and pasting the file, then delete the original one. if this doesn't work, delete the file and start a new one.
If none of this works, there must be something wrong with your game.

Kybyrian

Like Kitsu said, you should not have to collect major items like the bow again if you run out of time and use the song of time. If you have it, it's a very good idea to use the Reverse Song of Time or whatever it's called, forgot where you learn it though.

Sounds like your just not using the song of time to go back in time and save. If you do that, you still keep all of your quest items/inventory items. And yeah, the reverse song of time helps, because it slows time down considerably. You can play it whenever you want, you don't have to learn it. It's simply the song of time played backwards.

Claire

The Geekette
Out of all the Legend of Zelda games that are on consoles, this (other than perhaps Zelda 2) was an annoyance for me as well. The reason for Zelda 2 is because back then, I lacked patience and now I am trying to develop the patience again until I am ready to attempt fully beating it again. Besides that, I didn't really care for the concept as time that much - it was just more of a pest than anything.

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
I figured if anything they'd have taken glitches out of mine 'cause I got the Collector's Edition GC version of it. I did notice glitches that were removed from OoT on the disk, but nothing like this. i'm going to try the deleting thing and see if it helps, and if not maybe I'll go get an n64 copy.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
You don't really need to lear inverted song of time(to make time go slower) and double song of time(to advance half a day) just play them

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
Well I have the song. The song is useful yes, but it doesn't help the fact that I lose all my bloody items every time I save my game. Time slowing down has nothing to do with a lack of items.

You are playing the song of time and saving, right, instead of just running out of time and going back? Because if you didn't that would be the problem. Otherwise your game is badly glitched.

Yeah. That seems pretty badly glitched. Eh. Time moves okay in that game but it shouldn't go that fast, unless you're going pretty slow.

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
Well I'm definitely saving with the song of time, and I haven't gotten around to starting the game over yet, but I figure that's the most likely thing to hear.

H

hoobes1

When I played MM it was REALLY fun, cause you could so many things with time shifting!!! Normally in the other zelda games, there are a lot of side missions, but in MM there are even more! I know that it can get annoying with only having 3 days to do a temple, but it's still fun!!! You can also always redo a boss if you want. Sometimes you need to. =( anyways, I think that what "blackice_cc" said with the whole not using the song of time to save is right.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Maybe, you did not save properly.

Think, if you didn't save properly, or the game is corrupted, then your game will screw up. There is also the possibility that the cartridge may be damaged. You can check these things out, but if they are not the case, then take the game to someone who can check it out for you.

So, good luck with your game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom