• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Inception Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
I disagree with that. I feel like Rubik has been contributing more than a lot of people here. Especially seeing as it's day 1 and he's a newer player.

Well last game I was scum and was using a bit of strategy for not voting Yiga day 1. I do see the same sort of scumminess here, but I always see Yiga as scummy so I guess that's not say a whole lot. He does seem to try to switch up his playstyles when he loses as scum, so I could see him trying to look like he's contributing more this time, without actually doing his own work. Like following you on voting for Rubik, and when he was asked why he felt he was the safe lynch, providing a reason that I don't think holds much water.

Ryu's suspicious mostly for his complete turn around on his opinion. I know that I was originally advocating for a no-lynch and am now trying to lynch people. However, that only happened after I tried my hardest to get people on board for a no-lynch. When I saw that wasn't possible, I figured it'd be better to vote and give info than not vote at all. Whereas Ryu advocated for a no-lynch one second, and then the next somehow had his opinion completely changed by you. Makes it seem like he may have been trying to hide under the guise of always wanting a no-lynch d1 since that was a kinda big topic last game, but also wanting to actually lynch someone so he waited until he had an 'out' (your post explaining why a lynch is better and pushing for others to vote Rubik with you). I'm always a bit weary of people who will jump on a wagon so easily without any reason. Especially when moments earlier they didn't want to lynch anyone.

As for Rubik, I guess I didn't super read him town last game. I was only in it one day, and that was his first game here. Plus, like I said with Yiga, I was scum so my reads weren't completely revealing. I wouldn't say I have a town read on him yet either this game, but I'm not necessarily getting scummy vibes from him either. It's hard to say for sure since he's new here, so I don't know his playstyle well yet, but I'd rather not lynch someone day 1 who has been contributing a lot if they don't seem scummy.
Thanks, that helps a lot. @Ryuken I’d like to know what changed your mind about the no lynch.

So here’s the problem we’ve got to figure out. We could lynch Rubik which none of us feels good about, but at the same time he could be dangerous. Or we could lynch Yiga who I feel good enough about and everyone else mostly doesn’t. We really need an alternate though since it’s pretty much decided that whoever is the first lynch candidate will get to use the role claim and if satisfactory we’ll switch to the second person but if we lynch Yiga and he gives a good answer we don’t have anyone to switch to, we could pick one of the inactive or something but I don’t really find anyone scummy so I don’t really know what to do.

I feel like we should vote extension tbh, what’s everyone think?

Vote: extension

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Thanks, that helps a lot. @Ryuken I’d like to know what changed your mind about the no lynch.

So here’s the problem we’ve got to figure out. We could lynch Rubik which none of us feels good about, but at the same time he could be dangerous. Or we could lynch Yiga who I feel good enough about and everyone else mostly doesn’t. We really need an alternate though since it’s pretty much decided that whoever is the first lynch candidate will get to use the role claim and if satisfactory we’ll switch to the second person but if we lynch Yiga and he gives a good answer we don’t have anyone to switch to, we could pick one of the inactive or something but I don’t really find anyone scummy so I don’t really know what to do.

I feel like we should vote extension tbh, what’s everyone think?

Rubik seems like he could be a good player from what little I've seen, and I'd rather not lynch a good scum hunter day 1 on the off chance they are scum and dangerous to us. I'm fine with a Yiga or Ryu lynch today if we happen to need a backup. Not sure how everyone else feels about them though. But they're the only two I've gotten any sort of scummy vibes from. I think it's a little pointless voting for an inactive day 1, because it doesn't give us a ton of info and they're likely to be nk'd anyways.

I'll vote for an extension though, since I'll be going to bed soonish and won't be around for eod. So if other's agree that an extension is a good option, I don't want it to be short a vote and not be around to maj it.

Vote: Extension

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge

I'll reply to posts when I get onto my computer, just want to increase the chances of all extension asap because 48 hours is brutal.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
vote: extension

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I've been seeing a lot of complaints about the 48 hour day phases. I put it that way because I was kind of afraid it would take a lot of days to finish this game, but because it's so popular, I'm just going to permanently change the day phases to 72 hours (3 full days).

DAY ONE NOW ENDS AT 7PM PDT ON FRIDAY, APRIL 20TH, 2018

The Extension vote will now be reset as well.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Ignore Storm, yes it did. Extension votes are counted separate from Lynch Votes.
It doesn't matter since, as I mentioned, the Extension votes were reset, but for future reference.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Vote Count
Ragnarokio (1) Bok
Karu (1): Keiko
funnier6 (1): EVAN
Rubik (2): funnier6, Ryuken
Ryuken: (1) Rubik
Yiga (2) Rubik, Minish
Alfiegeden (1) Ragnarokio

Not Voting: Doc, Stormageden747,

Day Ends Friday at 10pm EST
With 12 players here, it takes 7 to reach majority.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Could you elaborate on Rag and give me all the meta?

Why not?

On D1 Rag lynches: It is kind of an inside joke to kill Rag on D1 in my home meta. Rag is kind of an oddball player and that often results in early lynches. I wasn't trying to say that the policy of killing Rag D1 is worse than voting for someone for a pseudo-serious reason.

On suicide: I don't like the suicide offer on two levels: On one level, players should be trying to survive when possible. Playing suicidally as town without a good reason (and there are good reasons) just means losing a town player and learning nothing from their death because they'd advocated for (and caused) their own death. On the reverse side, scum can offer to commit suicide in a situation they think is unlikely in an attempt to get some mild town pants. It's the kind of play that either gets followed through on and hurts town or gets treated as a sign of having town resolve and can help scum. It's got similar implications imo to a self-vote, which never feels good to me.

Unvote, Vote: Stormageddon

i like lynching inactive players

I think a good plan would probably be to put some pressure on YIG and possibly switch to Storma [unless Storma gives us some real insight]. @Stormageden747

Lynching lurkers is an essential strategy to keep a meta strong, in my opinion.

I said I'd tell who would be the best bet, which is Rubik, which I will explain soon

Well, Rubik has been using a classic strategy of contributing almost literally zero, and the whole time has been talking about how the 48 hours will annoy him, which caught me as scummy. From everyone else, I don't feel as strong if any, or a scum pull

As explained above, he used some pretty classic scum tactics and that's about the most to go off of today. I apologize for not explaining myself better.

Also I was using my phone to reply, and it was super laggy and annoying so I figured I would wait, but then I had homework, but then I had to watch the next episode of Survivor, long story short I forgot. Seriously.

Alright Rubik.

Vote Rubikkkkkk

I'm talking about how much I hate 48 hours because I come from a meta with 5-7 day days and I've got other things I do with my time than mafia some of the time and that doesn't necessarily leave enough time to make multiple good posts in a "day". I do agree that complaining about deadlines is generally pretty scummy, though. Things like asking for extensions, posting informal vote-counts, and clarifying rules can potentially be scummy because it makes you seem helpful without actually putting yourself out there. That said, 48 hours is really short and I don't care if you think I'm scummy for having complained about it because I'd rather you think I'm slightly scummy than have to hope that there's enough material to make a good case on people within a 48 hour period.

I don't think I contributed zero, even before I made my larger posts.

This screams OMGUS to me.

Sorry about not being on a lot.

I’m leaning more towards YIGAhim, funnier6 and Rubix but I don’t have enough stuff to say why so ima wait for a bit then I’ll say

While I think we're all people of interest, I'd love to know why you think these players are scummy.

Here’s what I got so far.

I feel that compared to last game there a lot of differences that point to Minish being town and I’m willing to bet on them.

Also compared to last game I see a lot of things pointing toward Yiga being town and I’m reasonably sure about them. He may have been able to turn it around like that but I find the odds to be low.

As for you yourself I just don’t know since all I’ve got to go by is your scum game. (Would you mind linking a town game you’ve played?) and honestly since I don’t trust my ability to read you lynching you should be a safe option but you do seem to be at least a pretty good player and I don’t want to kill you if you’re town. So I’m in a bit of a dilemma. You wouldn’t happen to have a swell role claim that would convince me you’re town so I don’t have to lynch you? Still I would appreciate if you would find somebody you feel good lynching besides Yiga since I’d rather lynch someone besides him if I’m it’s not going to be you.

How do you really feel about Yiga Ryu and Rubik? I mean, you found Yiga scummy last game but kinda tried to hide it but do you really see the same kind of scumminess here? Ryu purposely tried to be scummy last game but can you really explain in depth what’s different from his normal play style? I’m not sure, but I think you found Rubik town last game, are you seeing that same kind of towniness or are you seeing a different kind of towniness? Need the deep thoughts to help out my deep thoughts.

Yeah, I think Minish is reading pretty town atm. I had a pretty firm scum read on them last game and it doesn't feel that way this one.

What about Yiga's play this game feels town to you? Just curious. I only have a one game sample size and he feels pretty similar this game to last game to me.

I don't have as many examples of town games as I'd like. We play mafia games pretty slowly and infrequently where I come from and the original community we originated from was deleted in its entirety when WotC deleted their official forums and I only joined this community made up of stragglers a few years ago.

A semi-open setup where there was a single werewolf who could sire once who sired me night 1 and had town kill me D2 before I could be turned into a werewolf: http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9307

A fairly standard game where I posted in a strange way as vanilla town to draw the N1 nightkill: http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14644

A game where I had a role that saw every other player's role (sans-alignment), but everyone's roles got switched d1: http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10412

A wacky game where I was able to post with two accounts: http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=19869

A game so mechanically complicated I could hardly keep up with it: http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13189

There was a possession mechanic that was really weird this game so traditional scum-hunting might not have been especially effective and I was also hydra-ing with Rag: http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9836

There are a lot of examples of my play in these games and you'll also be able to see Rag in a lot of those games as Ragnarokio, io, Mylen, Lilan, or any other number of alternative names.

I haven't played much mafia lately and most of the games that have happened in the past couple years have been pretty avant garde. During many of these games I was at varying levels of interest/free time for mafia.

I think it's probably a waste of time, but if you insist on trying to read my old games to get a sense of my play, I'd suggest comparing them to games on NGA where I'm scum. I'm playing differently here than I would on NGA because people play differently here.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Oh wow, I missed a lot. :sword:
Vote: Ryuken
because the spirit of death was the closest to him and the spirit of death is close to the spirit of enlightenment
This explanation is so unnecessarily cryptic. You're gonna need to elaborate, my dude, because this reads to me that you voted me for no reason.
P3: Don't like how you're trying to deflect towards Rag and Karu. At the time of making that post, I found you the most scummy of the three people listed. Changing votes quickly early on might sometimes be scummy (I don't really have much of an impression about this sort of pattern either way) but I was changing from a heavily jokey vote to a moderately jokey vote in my eyes. Going from voting someone as a matter of policy (Rag dying d1 is good) to voting someone for a mildly scummy play (RVS self-vote) is a step up, in my opinion. There's a misunderstanding about what Minish was saying (I had the same misunderstanding). More discussion about the setup.
You really go to show that you're grounded in your "policies," even if one votes for themselves during RVS. The way I do RVS (in every game) is simple: "random.org." That's how I honor RVS, in case you were wondering.
This isn't a read so much as a question. Why are you hesitant to vote for me?
I'm not familiar with you as a player since I've only seen you as scum once. You've been contributing a lot this day, which helps.
Also, funnier6 has been pretty consistent with his Town playstyle, and I've only seen him once as scum.
Ryu seemed to switch from his claimed d1 no lynch policy rather easily when funnier suggested the Rubik lynch. Within just a few posts he went from voting no lynch, to voting for Rubik and that was after just one of funnier's posts suggesting why a lynch was good and a call for others to vote with him.
I have a perfectly valid reason for doing this, and it's not just because my No Lynch policy was the reason why many found me scummy in almost every game I've played in. funnier6 made good points about why it would be better to lynch today while we're in the real world (and therefore, in a Standard Mafia Setting) versus once we enter a dreamscape (where the complicated Inception rules govern). Going in a DS with information is vital.

- - -

So yes, my playstyle has changed this game, and yes, I'm going to be taking this game more seriously.

Unvote
Vote: YIGAhim

Rubik has explained his playstyle in extensive detail, more so than in the last game I've played with him. Overall, they've contributed a lot this game. On the other hand, Yiga hasn't contributed nearly as much, and the way they word their posts feels very off to me.
Well, Rubik has been using a classic strategy of contributing almost literally zero, and the whole time has been talking about how the 48 hours will annoy him, which caught me as scummy. From everyone else, I don't feel as strong if any, or a scum pull
Obviously, this reasoning doesn't hold in light of Rubik's recent posts, but the way they say "classic strategy" in their posts, which I interpret as him assuming all of us would read this as a common scum tactic as well, feels very off. Almost manipulative. That doesn't sit well with me.

D

Deleted member 14134

Sorry I was inactive, but I'm back now and in black :cool:
I still haven't caught up but I just noticed this is your only post. Do you have anything to contribute? Saying you're here isn't enough.
Unvote
Vote: Storma

I'll read through everything and post more thoughts soon.

funnier6

Courage~
On D1 Rag lynches: It is kind of an inside joke to kill Rag on D1 in my home meta. Rag is kind of an oddball player and that often results in early lynches. I wasn't trying to say that the policy of killing Rag D1 is worse than voting for someone for a pseudo-serious reason.
How do you read her though?
On suicide: I don't like the suicide offer on two levels: On one level, players should be trying to survive when possible. Playing suicidally as town without a good reason (and there are good reasons) just means losing a town player and learning nothing from their death because they'd advocated for (and caused) their own death. On the reverse side, scum can offer to commit suicide in a situation they think is unlikely in an attempt to get some mild town pants. It's the kind of play that either gets followed through on and hurts town or gets treated as a sign of having town resolve and can help scum. It's got similar implications imo to a self-vote, which never feels good to me.
I meant mostly in a towny versus scummy way, personally I find it odd that scum Yiga would say that.
I think a good plan would probably be to put some pressure on YIG and possibly switch to Storma [unless Storma gives us some real insight]. @Stormageden747

Lynching lurkers is an essential strategy to keep a meta strong, in my opinion.
I’d prefer a switch to storma, might do that too later.

What exactly do you mean keeping a Mets strong?
This screams OMGUS to me.
Why does this feel like an afterthought?
What about Yiga's play this game feels town to you? Just curious. I only have a one game sample size and he feels pretty similar this game to last game to me.
Reading Yiga is pretty tricky and there’s no real fool proof way, but I can generally feel when he’s trying and when he’s trying to look like he’s trying and to me he looks like he’s trying if that makes sense. He has a tendency to try to switch play styles every game but this feels more typical town Yiga than anything else. I could be dead wrong of course but I feel reasonably certain.
There are a lot of examples of my play in these games and you'll also be able to see Rag in a lot of those games as Ragnarokio, io, Mylen, Lilan, or any other number of alternative names.
Appreciate it, I’ll go through them later.
Oh wow, I missed a lot. :sword:

This explanation is so unnecessarily cryptic. You're gonna need to elaborate, my dude, because this reads to me that you voted me for no reason.

You really go to show that you're grounded in your "policies," even if one votes for themselves during RVS. The way I do RVS (in every game) is simple: "random.org." That's how I honor RVS, in case you were wondering.

I'm not familiar with you as a player since I've only seen you as scum once. You've been contributing a lot this day, which helps.
Also, funnier6 has been pretty consistent with his Town playstyle, and I've only seen him once as scum.

I have a perfectly valid reason for doing this, and it's not just because my No Lynch policy was the reason why many found me scummy in almost every game I've played in. funnier6 made good points about why it would be better to lynch today while we're in the real world (and therefore, in a Standard Mafia Setting) versus once we enter a dreamscape (where the complicated Inception rules govern). Going in a DS with information is vital.

- - -

So yes, my playstyle has changed this game, and yes, I'm going to be taking this game more seriously.

Unvote
Vote: YIGAhim

Rubik has explained his playstyle in extensive detail, more so than in the last game I've played with him. Overall, they've contributed a lot this game. On the other hand, Yiga hasn't contributed nearly as much, and the way they word their posts feels very off to me.

Obviously, this reasoning doesn't hold in light of Rubik's recent posts, but the way they say "classic strategy" in their posts, which I interpret as him assuming all of us would read this as a common scum tactic as well, feels very off. Almost manipulative. That doesn't sit well with me.
I just wanna take a moment and appreciate that this post has no ace attorney gifs in it. Thank you lol.

Is that all the reasons you’re scum reading Yiga and are you scum reading anyone else? How sure are you exactly that Yiga is scum? If you had to switch to someone who would it be and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom