• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Inception Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
@funnier6 Are you sure Rubik isn't your alt? Lol
Lol I’m pretty sure I’ve said something really similar. XD

Kay so last night as I was falling into the void I suddenly realized that all of Doc’s posts give the appearance of contributing but actually don’t. What’s different from Doc’s CWAC and everyone else’s is that this not typical Doc behavior and I’d like at least to have him as a counter wagon if not today’s lynch. What say you? @Bok Chan Sama @Ryuken @Rubik

Unvote

Vote: Doc

@karu @HylianEVAN havent seen you in a while come say somethinnnn

karu

Panamaniac
You might not see me for the majority of today either. I'm going to my mom's oath ceremony

Anyway, I'm on my phone so I can't really go back and quote. But I've said before that Rubik and Minish_Link lean town to me. I also don't think it's a good idea to vote for the inactive players, not just I was inactive today but because you can't really get info out of their lynch. Plus, Mafia likes to go for the inactive players because of that reason.

D

Deleted member 14134

That's why Bok's the third-most suspicious person and why I'm not pushing for their lynch. I'm putting Bok in that spot because funnier6 has had a more consistent thought process than them.
Also, Bok, it's interesting that you posted your reads list, but left me and karu out of it. I can guess that you would've said the same thing about karu as you did Storma and Keiko, but I had thought you would say more about me, even if it was just a little bit.
This really feels like reaching to me lol. Idk how you find that scummy at all.
@Rubik analyzed each of my posts, but the thought more pressing than their overall summary of me was a question in their reads. You've just kinda left me out of yours. Why?
Cuz we're scumbuds together. Didn't you read your role pm. I didn't read through everyone when I made that post and when I reread I didn't have anything to say that hasn't already been said about you.
@funnier6 I'm keeping my vote on storma for a but until he posts something

D

Deleted member 14134

Boy I love when half my message gets deleted when I switch pages but the quotes still there. I on mobile now, I'll tall more later.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Kay so last night as I was falling into the void I suddenly realized that all of Doc’s posts give the appearance of contributing but actually don’t. What’s different from Doc’s CWAC and everyone else’s is that this not typical Doc behavior and I’d like at least to have him as a counter wagon if not today’s lynch. What say you? @Bok Chan Sama @Ryuken @Rubik

Unvote

It's an interesting counterwagon, but... he's also been pretty inactive based on his post count. I don't feel comfortable hopping off the player I find the most suspicious just to pursue Doc based on your sudden epiphany. It's something to keep in mind, though, once we get more info from today's lynch and from what happens at night.

funnier6

Courage~
It's an interesting counterwagon, but... he's also been pretty inactive based on his post count. I don't feel comfortable hopping off the player I find the most suspicious just to pursue Doc based on your sudden epiphany. It's something to keep in mind, though, once we get more info from today's lynch and from what happens at night.
LAME.

For one thing people tend to be more active when they’ve got more votes, for another thing you say it’s an interesting counter wagon but you don’t want to pursue it even though you can switch back any time you want?! This is what I mean by not broadening your horizons, you say you’re focusing on more active people but you’re not interested in possibly getting more out of an inactive and where are all these reads on active people you supposedly have anyway? You may have posted them already I don’t remember.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
LAME.

For one thing people tend to be more active when they’ve got more votes, for another thing you say it’s an interesting counter wagon but you don’t want to pursue it even though you can switch back any time you want?! This is what I mean by not broadening your horizons, you say you’re focusing on more active people but you’re not interested in possibly getting more out of an inactive and where are all these reads on active people you supposedly have anyway? You may have posted them already I don’t remember.
I could switch back at any time, but like I've said before, I've already changed my vote three times. I don't like jumping from person to person being like "oh, this person's inactive, lemme pressure them to talk by joining this wagon and see what happens." Especially on D1. I like to follow my own suspicions and seeing how active players post or respond to posts.
Also, come on, man, if you're going to "fall into the void," don't start forgetting things we literally talked about a page ago. I posted my thoughts on YIGAHim, Ragnarokio, and you as well as my revised thoughts towards Bok after rereading. Sure, I don't have a straight-up reads on everybody, but I'd like to wait until after D1 to start analyzing every player and making a reads list.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
What do you mean, “worded his vote”? Do you mean the rubikkk, the order he said things, his reasons?

Part of it was the structure of his post, part of it was the reasoning, and part of it was the way he closed his post.

[Flimsy/lazy reasoning: Implying that I'd contributed nothing even after I clearly had.]

[Provides excuses for his previous lack of content after being called out for going against his word.]

Alright Rubik.

Vote Rubikkkkkk

The flow of the post feels like like the pathos behind it was outrage at me voting for him. I imagine if I'd wagoned someone else, there's a pretty good chance he would have voted for a different player. I think voting for someone just because they voted for you is a pretty bad tactic unless you either a. actually have a real case on them or b. voting for them is necessary for your survival.

I think YIG felt backed into a corner and as a result he voted for me.

@funnier6 Are you sure Rubik isn't your alt? Lol

It's easy to tell us apart because, of the two of us, I'm funnier.

Unvote

I've got my eyes on Doc, but I think it's a bit late to wagon him today. I feel like our main options are YIG or killing a lurker (both of which are palatable enough to me).

-

@Ayano Keiko
@Stormageden747

Please. We need you. Post information relevant to the game.

It's disrespectful to not at least make some effort in a game.

I'm not telling you that you have to read every single post in its entirety (although that's obviously preferable). Any content is better than no content. I'd rather you read every prime numbered post than none of them.

Read all of yig's posts. They're all fairly short and there's less than 10 of them. Choose a few other players at random and read their posts. That'll give you at least a baseline. Feel free to skim the longer posts if that's what's stopping you from making a post. The posts won't vanish, you can always go back and read them if you need to. What will vanish, however, is the day—if you don't post something now, you'll have said nothing of value today before the lynch and NK and it'll make any reads you give significantly less meaningful.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman

Unvote

How is this not my usual behavior? I've never been great with contributions, especially never on day one. I swear, people really overestimate how good I am at mafia.

I like that you think about me at night :bubsy:

As for who I want to be lynched today, I'm probably going towards YIGA or an inactive like Storma. Storma because he's being uncharacteristically quiet today. Most days he makes several votes or does something to make his presence known. He has been very silent today (only posting once saying he was sorry for not being here iirc). I voted him for the same thing last game where he flipped scum.

YIGA has been odd, but I think his posts have been too lazily written for mafia. Compared to last game when he was scum, YIGA was much more careful with his posts and voting. It seems odd for him to suddenly shift his scum playstyle in this game. So he's either town or an uninterested mafia. I'm not opposed to his lynch, because I think it could give some information on players. But I think Storma is who I'm going to put my vote on today.

Vote Stormageden

funnier6

Courage~
The flow of the post feels like like the pathos behind it was outrage at me voting for him. I imagine if I'd wagoned someone else, there's a pretty good chance he would have voted for a different player. I think voting for someone just because they voted for you is a pretty bad tactic unless you either a. actually have a real case on them or b. voting for them is necessary for your survival.
I’ve been thinking, and thinking, and thinking, and all of this is wrong. Your order of operations is just incorrect. You would have me believe that you found Yiga suspicious, voted him, and then he came up with his flimsy reasoning against you. But this is objectively wronggg. Also your explanations of “This is a bad move for town” reasoning sucks. Town makes bad moves all the time and they’re still town.
Unvite

Rubik is probably the safest lynch. If you want I can commit suicide when you all need for research
This came quite a bit before your vote and clearly it can be seen he was most likely going to vote you, which he did after I asked him what he meant.
TL;DR:

Ayano and Storma desperately need to post. I wouldn't oppose lynching either of them.

YIG is probably the most scummy feeling person with a halfway decent post count.

Vote: YIGAhim

I'd like to see Bok and Funnier give some in depth opinions about people's alignments rather than just the game design on d1.
If anything you were the one who was OMGUSing when you and Yiga were the biggest wagons and wanted to beat him to it. How could you have gotten the facts so wrong? It’s just ridiculous to me how you could conveniently forget vital pieces of information and then misinterpret just about everything you’re using as reasons.
I said I'd tell who would be the best bet, which is Rubik, which I will explain soon

Well, Rubik has been using a classic strategy of contributing almost literally zero, and the whole time has been talking about how the 48 hours will annoy him, which caught me as scummy. From everyone else, I don't feel as strong if any, or a scum pull

As explained above, he used some pretty classic scum tactics and that's about the most to go off of today. I apologize for not explaining myself better.

Also I was using my phone to reply, and it was super laggy and annoying so I figured I would wait, but then I had homework, but then I had to watch the next episode of Survivor, long story short I forgot. Seriously.

Alright Rubik.

Vote Rubikkkkkk
I don’t see how this shows outrage at all, if anything I detect disinterest and absent mindedness, really the only thing that might be misinterpreted is the Rubikkkkk but I add letters all the time for emphasis so I don’t see it.
It's easy to tell us apart because, of the two of us, I'm funnier.
HAHAHAHA I don’t know how nobody’s said that before.
Please. We need you. Post information relevant to the game.

It's disrespectful to not at least make some effort in a game.

I'm not telling you that you have to read every single post in its entirety (although that's obviously preferable). Any content is better than no content. I'd rather you read every prime numbered post than none of them.

Read all of yig's posts. They're all fairly short and there's less than 10 of them. Choose a few other players at random and read their posts. That'll give you at least a baseline. Feel free to skim the longer posts if that's what's stopping you from making a post. The posts won't vanish, you can always go back and read them if you need to. What will vanish, however, is the day—if you don't post something now, you'll have said nothing of value today before the lynch and NK and it'll make any reads you give significantly less meaningful.
This is an extraordinary waste of post, idk if you’re just trying to make your posts longer or what but if you want people to post you tag them and after they show up you give them things to do. If they don’t respond to the mention to read your lecture then you just wasted that lecture on deaf ears.

funnier6

Courage~
@Storm vote count por favor.

I almost forgot we still have our role claim plan going, don’t forget we gotta wrangle a claim out of whoever’s getting lynched and be prepared to switch to the second option.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I think that YiG saw that there was a wagon on me, decided to go along with it because there were people on it despite there not really being much of a reason, and then came up with the reasoning behind it after the fact. I think he started with the conclusion (Rubik has votes on him so he must be scummy [or would be convenient to pretend to believe is scummy]) and then tried to create the evidence after the fact rather than looking at the evidence and arriving at his own conclusion based on it. This is scummy (not bad play, scummy).

Then, when what would have been his case in the first place was no longer true, he still included it as his reason. He voted for me long after I had posted a pretty significant amount of content and his case (that he hadn't made the specifics of public previously, so there wasn't any chance that I was posting content because he was pressuring me to) was no longer relevant. Not to mention the fact that his attack on me was hypocritical because he himself hadn't been posting all that much content himself—I said earlier that it's strange that he would attack someone for not having much content in the first 24 hours of a game in which he himself hadn't provided much content in the first 24 hours

I can see his case on the extension thing, but, if we're talking about the "order of operations", I made comments supporting an extension LONG AFTER he had made the comments about me seeming scummy, so it obviously wasn't part of his original case against me, it was created after the fact to further justify his unsubstantiated case. This isn't my opinion, it's fact.

This means his entire case on my boiled down to "Rubik wasn't posting that much" and this ceased to be true the moment I posted. If he truly believed that being inactive for part of the day was scummy, he wouldn't have provided an excuse for his own inactivity and would have accepted that him doing it was scummy.

I didn't vote Yiga because I felt like he had an interest in lynching me, I voted for Yiga because he promised to make a post providing analysis, offered to commit suicide in a situation where obviously someone would talk him out of doing it (so it would make him seem towny without having to follow through), makes a weak attack on EVAN for doing something that isn't really especially scummy but then tries to buddy up to him by saying it's a new player mistake, and then makes an excuse for not delivering his promised reads. If I were voting for OMGUS reasons, there were 3 or 4 other players voting for me or expressing interest in voting for me that I could have jumped on, but that's not the case. I voted for the player who was active who felt the most scummy to me at the time and they just happened to have expressed interest in voting for me because I had one of the largest wagons (despite it largely being based on, I assume, you and Ryu largely picking a player at random).

I've continued to vote YIGA because the way he's responded to the pressure has also been scummy.

-

If they can't read a <200 word portion of a post that directly mentions them, they probably can't actually be engaged in a game of mafia.

I'd rather not accept them as a foregone conclusion.

D

Deleted member 14134

I'm gonna be busy until EOD probably. Ganna keep my vote on Storma. I'll try to check before the day ends though but at this rate I doubt anything will change.

funnier6

Courage~
I imagine if I'd wagoned someone else, there's a pretty good chance he would have voted for a different player.
I love how you thought something fundamentally different two hours ago! XD
I think that YiG saw that there was a wagon on me, decided to go along with it because there were people on it despite there not really being much of a reason, and then came up with the reasoning behind it after the fact. I think he started with the conclusion (Rubik has votes on him so he must be scummy [or would be convenient to pretend to believe is scummy]) and then tried to create the evidence after the fact rather than looking at the evidence and arriving at his own conclusion based on it. This is scummy (not bad play, scummy).
You also completely and utterly fail to address that your OMGUS reasons were none existent and that you misinterpreted his reaction but instead pretend like those things never happened and these are the real reasons you’ve found him scummy all along. XD
If they can't read a <200 word portion of a post that directly mentions them, they probably can't actually be engaged in a game of mafia.

I'd rather not accept them as a foregone conclusion.
Honestly man are you even listening. If they don’t show up to your mention they aren’t going to read your lecture. Has nothing to do with their capability to read it. My point was if they haven’t shown up yet why would they show up because you lectured. It doesn’t make sense.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I don't know what you mean by me thinking something different two hours ago. Care to elaborate?

I don't know what you mean by this either. I already stated that I think he voted for me because I voted for him. I think his mindset went something like:

"i'm being pressured -> i need to come up with a justification for saying rubik was scummy to defuse the pressure -> i guess these are things that i could say are scummy about him -> here are some excuses for my own lack of content because otherwise my attack could just as easily be applied to me -> if that's how you want to play it, rubik, i will vote for you too."​

That last bit especially, felt like he was saying to me, "If you're going to vote for me, fine. Two can play at that game." Saying "Alright Rubik. // Vote Rubikkkkkk" felt like it carried that exact sort of "two can play at that game" tone to it. Hence OMGUS.

-

If they do show up to my mention, they might read my message to them. I was hoping it might inspire them to read at least some of the thread if they're feeling intimidated by how much has been posted today. I don't why trying to make an appeal for them to read some of the thread is that strange.

-

And please don't use "XD" passive aggressively. My fragile heart can't take it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom