• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Inception Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 14134

Minish: My top town read (don't get cocky you little brat). Her progression from wanting a no lynch to supporting a lynch seems natural and she does seem to be more proactive in posting and scumhunting than if she were scum. Only thing I'm kind of wary of is her going after Yiga since he's usually an easy lynch and scum Minish would know that and take advantage of. Otherwise her reasoning is fine and her meta suggests that she's town as she's usually quieter as scum.

Rubik: Pretty null on him. Posted his thoughts on everyone and has been active but from my game I don't think activity should be a town tell for Rubik. From what I gather from him, especially from the scum chat (which no one but me and yiga saw) I know he's a smart player and knows what he's doing. Haven't seen anything I dislike from him so I want to keep a close eye on him. I might re-read day one of my game and try to get a feel for him. I do agree with some of his reads though such as doc and yigas suicide offer. I'm against lynching Rubik today.

Storma/Keiko: Both have one post. I don't want to really lynch either one as we get very little info from them. They need to get talking. @Ayano Keiko @Stormageden747

Doc: I don't like this post:
Could you elaborate on that reason? Genuinely curious and would be willing to join the wagon if I understood why the wagon is forming.
I don't like how he i seemingly willing to jump on a wagon if someone gives him a reason to but hasn't really posted many of his own reasons or done any scumhunting at all today. I want to hear more from him to but I wouldn't be entirely opposed to a doc lynch right now.

Rag: Not a huge fan of how she doesn't give actual reasons for why she's doing things and dances around questions and acts like a smartass instead. If she keeps this up she'll be a liability as the game goes on. She's another one I wouldn't be against lynching today unless I start seeing some substance in her posts.

Funnier: Gotta re-read that bastard but there haven't been any of the usual flags popping up in my head that usually do when he's scum so I'm not too worried for now.

Hylian Evan: Regarding this
I’m leaning more towards YIGAhim, funnier6 and Rubix but I don’t have enough stuff to say why so ima wait for a bit then I’ll say

If you're leaning them, you should have something to say about them. This feels like bread crumbing to me and I've never been a fan of that. I want him to post actual reasons as to why he's leaning them.

Yiga: I agree with what rubik said about his suicide offer, especially after I corrected myself and pointed out that there's no difference between being lynched and committing suicide. Feels like it could be trying to downplay his role or trying to gain town points. I wouldn't be completely opposed to lynching him as I think we could gain information off his wagon and I would feel pretty good about Rubik if Yiga flipped scum.

I'll post more about other people later. (I feel like i've been saying this a lot these days).

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
How do you read her though?

I meant mostly in a towny versus scummy way, personally I find it odd that scum Yiga would say that.

I’d prefer a switch to storma, might do that too later.

What exactly do you mean keeping a Mets strong?

Why does this feel like an afterthought?

Reading Yiga is pretty tricky and there’s no real fool proof way, but I can generally feel when he’s trying and when he’s trying to look like he’s trying and to me he looks like he’s trying if that makes sense. He has a tendency to try to switch play styles every game but this feels more typical town Yiga than anything else. I could be dead wrong of course but I feel reasonably certain.

Appreciate it, I’ll go through them later.

On reading Rag: Rag is an extremely binary player from my experience. I've never seen rag post actively as scum throughout a full game. I have seen Rag post non-actively as every alignment, however, so the reverse read doesn't work 100%. I don't think Rag is posting actively enough to be town-read, but she's not inactive enough that I think she's a stronger lynch than usual. Generally if you wait a couple days and Rag is still active, you know she's almost certainly town; otherwise, lynching her is a good bet. Rag's kind of an outlier in a lot of respects.

On suicide: I meant what I said in a town versus scummy sort of way. Offering to commit suicide as town is a bad move in this situation and offering to commit suicide as scum feels like a cheap ploy to seem town-like, in my opinion. It feels like the sort of thing someone would say to appear town moreso than something a real town player would do.

On Storma/Meta: Unless Storma posts some reads, I think killing him is a good idea. As for keeping the meta strong, I'm saying that killing players who are inactive is good for the metagame, as it punishes players who try to lurk as scum to escape detection.

On OMGUS: I don't know what you mean by it feeling like an afterthought. I don't think YIG believes most of what he said about me, I think he threw a case on me because I voted for him and it was convenient for him to vote me (hence calling him out for his "oh my god you suck" vote).

On reading YIGA: I get what you're saying largely (last game it definitely felt like he was trying to look like he was trying, to me). I don't really feel like his heart is in what he's saying this game either, but I don't have a lot to go off of aside from last game in terms of reading him.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
It is totally safe to commit suicide in a dream though, which is what I wad going for.

I will need a substitute. I will be gone for a while camping. @DekuNut

This wagon will get you all a lot of info, people.

funnier6

Courage~
Funnier: Gotta re-read that bastard but there haven't been any of the usual flags popping up in my head that usually do when he's scum so I'm not too worried for now.
Love you too. <3
On reading Rag: Rag is an extremely binary player from my experience. I've never seen rag post actively as scum throughout a full game. I have seen Rag post non-actively as every alignment, however, so the reverse read doesn't work 100%. I don't think Rag is posting actively enough to be town-read, but she's not inactive enough that I think she's a stronger lynch than usual. Generally if you wait a couple days and Rag is still active, you know she's almost certainly town; otherwise, lynching her is a good bet. Rag's kind of an outlier in a lot of respects.
I’ll just trust your judgement then.
On suicide: I meant what I said in a town versus scummy sort of way. Offering to commit suicide as town is a bad move in this situation and offering to commit suicide as scum feels like a cheap ploy to seem town-like, in my opinion. It feels like the sort of thing someone would say to appear town moreso than something a real town player would do.
Well when I said that I didn’t mean good for town/good for scum I meant is this something town Yiga says or is this something scum Yiga says? Nothing to do with whether it’s a bad move or not. Going just by general what’s scummy and what’s not rules don’t always get you anywhere.
On Storma/Meta: Unless Storma posts some reads, I think killing him is a good idea. As for keeping the meta strong, I'm saying that killing players who are inactive is good for the metagame, as it punishes players who try to lurk as scum to escape detection.
As a general rule I focus on the most active players until I have solid reads on all of them and gradually work my way down to the least active and by then either we’ve won or the least active players are scum. (Actually I’ve never been in a game where an inactive scum member was the only one left, inactive scum are kind of rare and only apply to a few individuals around here)
On OMGUS: I don't know what you mean by it feeling like an afterthought. I don't think YIG believes most of what he said about me, I think he threw a case on me because I voted for him and it was convenient for him to vote me (hence calling him out for his "oh my god you suck" vote).
I mean you’re entire post about it was calmly explaining why you disagree with what Yiga was saying without saying anything about it being scummy to you then right at the end you seem like oh yeah, this is totally OMGUS. It’s not that I don’t agree I just found it strange.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Reading Yiga is pretty tricky and there’s no real fool proof way, but I can generally feel when he’s trying and when he’s trying to look like he’s trying and to me he looks like he’s trying if that makes sense. He has a tendency to try to switch play styles every game but this feels more typical town Yiga than anything else. I could be dead wrong of course but I feel reasonably certain.
I think you would understand the vibes you get from certain players better if you actively search for their nuances. They may change over time or be mitigated through experience, but they're there.
I just wanna take a moment and appreciate that this post has no ace attorney gifs in it. Thank you lol.

Is that all the reasons you’re scum reading Yiga and are you scum reading anyone else? How sure are you exactly that Yiga is scum? If you had to switch to someone who would it be and why?
Yeah, yeah, you're welcome... it was only a matter of time, anyway. :P

Out of all the more active players, I believe Yiga is the most suspicious. I'm definitely more confident in lynching them than anyone else, and I wouldn't advocate for any lynch against inactive players. Doesn't sit well with me. If I had to switch to anyone else, I would say my second strongest suspect: Ragnarokio.

Vote: Ryuken
because the spirit of death was the closest to him and the spirit of death is close to the spirit of enlightenment
They never explained this... explanation. They've changed their vote since then, but I have an eye out for them.
As for any other suspects... you are one of them, funnier6. It's very hard to read you since you play almost the same way every game, and I've only seen you as scum once. Also, that last question you asked me makes me a little suspicious considering I've already changed my vote three times this game. Sure, it could be a genuine inquiry into my thought process, but like I said, you always act like this, being the first to start a wagon and say "Who will join me?" then asking people questions afterwards, inquiring on their thoughts. It's predictable, perhaps too predictable...
Obviously, my suspicions aren't as strong on you as on the other suspects, but that's as far as my scumhunting goes. Everyone else either has contributed in extensive detail or are inactive.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
That's a good point on whether or not it's something specifically YIGA would do as town or scum. Unfortunately, that's not really something I can comfortably say based on the one game I played with him—it was just my general opinion that what he was doing was be scummy (that is to say, it's not just something anti-town, it's something I feel like would be more likely to be done by a scum player than a town player). Most of my reads are going to be generalized to some degree.

I've definitely had problems with inactive scum players hurting the metagame. If that's not the case here, that's nice, but from my experience it's something I can't afford to take lightly.

My post analyzing Yiga's was largely addressing what he said in the order that he said it. The way he worded his vote and the fact that his case felt kind of forced made me feel like this was just an OMGUS vote. This was at the end of my post because it was responding to the end of his post and also to the post holistically, which read to me as more OMGUS than a thing of real substance (aside from calling out the extension vote thing, which I still hold as a perfectly valid thing to call out, even if I disagree with it in this context).

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I have not been getting any notifications today, sorry. Would have responded sooner. And **** me, I forgot to press post.

Because I'm too lazy to quote, I'm just going to address where Rubik said it looked like I was just looking for a reason to vote them. I asked funnier for their reason because funnier was deadset on lynching Rubik. I assumed that he had a strong suspicion or reason to suspect Rubik and was curious what it was. If I thought his reasoning made sense, I would have joined the wagon.

Considering the fact that he doesn't have a strong argument for Rubik's lynch, I don't feel inclined to vote Rubik. I want to say I have a town lean on them, but I thought the same thing in Shrek Mafia where Rubik flipped scum. For the moment, I'll just say Rubik has been contributing, which is always nice on day one.

I'll also say that I am getting a somewhat town read of funnier. His push for Rubik's wagon was odd to me, especially when he framed it as Rubio being a threat. But he has pushed discussion, which he said was his original goal.

funnier6

Courage~
They never explained this... explanation. They've changed their vote since then, but I have an eye out for them.
I’m getting really sleepy so this might not be too coherent.

Are you suspicious because they voted you with a weird unexplained explanation or are you suspicious because they voted with a weird unexplained explanation? You seem pretty much convinced in your suspicions but I find it hard to believe, what exactly masked so sure? Especially since you seem perfectly content with your reads thus far with little interest in broadening your horizons.
Also, that last question you asked me makes me a little suspicious considering I've already changed my vote three times this game. Sure, it could be a genuine inquiry into my thought process, but like I said, you always act like this, being the first to start a wagon and say "Who will join me?" then asking people questions afterwards, inquiring on their thoughts. It's predictable, perhaps too predictable...
Obviously, my suspicions aren't as strong on you as on the other suspects, but that's as far as my scumhunting goes. Everyone else either has contributed in extensive detail or are inactive.
I don’t really understand what you’re trying to say here. Why does it make you suspicious? What does changing your vote have to do with anything? I wouldn’t say always.
My post analyzing Yiga's was largely addressing what he said in the order that he said it. The way he worded his vote and the fact that his case felt kind of forced made me feel like this was just an OMGUS vote. This was at the end of my post because it was responding to the end of his post and also to the post holistically, which read to me as more OMGUS than a thing of real substance (aside from calling out the extension vote thing, which I still hold as a perfectly valid thing to call out, even if I disagree with it in this context).
What do you mean, “worded his vote”? Do you mean the rubikkk, the order he said things, his reasons?
I have not been getting any notifications today, sorry. Would have responded sooner. And **** me, I forgot to press post.

Because I'm too lazy to quote, I'm just going to address where Rubik said it looked like I was just looking for a reason to vote them. I asked funnier for their reason because funnier was deadset on lynching Rubik. I assumed that he had a strong suspicion or reason to suspect Rubik and was curious what it was. If I thought his reasoning made sense, I would have joined the wagon.

Considering the fact that he doesn't have a strong argument for Rubik's lynch, I don't feel inclined to vote Rubik. I want to say I have a town lean on them, but I thought the same thing in Shrek Mafia where Rubik flipped scum. For the moment, I'll just say Rubik has been contributing, which is always nice on day one.

I'll also say that I am getting a somewhat town read of funnier. His push for Rubik's wagon was odd to me, especially when he framed it as Rubio being a threat. But he has pushed discussion, which he said was his original goal.
Are you looking for a reason to vote anyone? Who are you going to vote? Don’t you have more thoughts on other players than that? Really don’t like this post.

@Ayano Keiko @Stormageden747 Where are youuuuuu

Ryuken

Are you suspicious because they voted you with a weird unexplained explanation or are you suspicious because they voted with a weird unexplained explanation?
Both. Lemme explain:
I say yes to the first question because it makes me think they know something about me somehow for whatever reason, and I say yes to the second question because (excuse me for speaking in third person) it's odd for them to offer this kind of explanation for this player in particular, masking their thoughts.
You seem pretty much convinced in your suspicions but I find it hard to believe, what exactly masked so sure? Especially since you seem perfectly content with your reads thus far with little interest in broadening your horizons.
Like I said, I don't want to pursue those who are inactive like Storma, Keiko, and karu, and D1 posts don't give us a whole lot to work with considering it takes several posts and information for me to understand a player and to assemble reads. I'd rather go after someone who is active and either has flawed reasoning or is not playing the way I think they would normally play as Town based on observations from past games.
I don’t really understand what you’re trying to say here. Why does it make you suspicious? What does changing your vote have to do with anything? I wouldn’t say always.
You mentioned that I seem perfectly content with my reads and have little interest in "broadening [my] horizons." I've been progressively doing that with each vote change:
1) I self-voted myself during RVS for the memes.
2) I voted for a No Lynch because I wasn't confident in anyone being scum at the time and was following my "policy."
3) I voted for Rubik, joining your wagon when you raised some good points about why we should lynch someone today while we're in the real world.
4) I voted for YIGAHim after evaluating his posts and seeing a lot more from Rubik, not liking the choice of words he uses. He is my strongest suspect.
Like I said, you're not my strongest suspect, but the reason why that question about me having to switch to someone else on my suspect list other than Yiga was because it made me think you didn't want him to be lynched for whatever reason.

- - -

After doing some rereading, I realized why funnier6 was asking these kinds of questions thanks to this post, and now I feel stupid. :fpalm: My suspicions against them are now much weaker.
Sigh... time to find a replacement for the third-most suspicious spot...

YIGAhim voting for a suicide for "experimental purposes" and to get "information" sounds suspicious, but let's not forget that Bok was the first person to suggest a suicide:
Better idea, instead of voting someone out, lets nominate someone to commit suicide and see what happens to them (we'll vote them out if they don't agree to comply though).
Actually it won't matter since they'll die either way, just ignore me.
It was a pretty odd and redundant suggestion, which Bok pointed out themselves, but the original intention behind it is suspicious. Why vote for someone to commit suicide to "see what happens" when we could pressure a role claim out of them instead? It's counter-intuitive to helping Town.
Now this is an isolated observation, and Bok has contributed their reads on players (after being asked by Rubik, of course), but I have slightly stronger suspicions on them than I do funnier6.

Ah geez, D1 scumhunting is hard for me being an info-based player. >:

D

Deleted member 14134

It was a pretty odd and redundant suggestion, which Bok pointed out themselves, but the original intention behind it is suspicious. Why vote for someone to commit suicide to "see what happens" when we could pressure a role claim out of them instead? It's counter-intuitive to helping Town.
Now this is an isolated observation, and Bok has contributed their reads on players (after being asked by Rubik, of course), but I have slightly stronger suspicions on them than I do funnier6.
It was to test to see if we were in a dream. Then I realized that they would die whether we lynched them or not. I think it's pretty obvious my suggestion was towards figuring out the games mechanics.
and Bok has contributed their reads on players (after being asked by Rubik, of course)
I always post reads. Ask anyone who's already played with me before. This isn't something Rubik pried out of me. I would have done it anyways.

D

Deleted member 14134

Why vote for someone to commit suicide to "see what happens" when we could pressure a role claim out of them instead?
Also why would nominating someone to commit suicide stop someone from role claiming? We would still still be trying to hit scum and nothing would stop the person we wanted to die to role claim. If that was my intention I wouldn't have immediately corrected myself when I realized that it had the same effect as lynching people literally minutes after I suggested it. Your whole argument kind of feels like reaching to me.

D

Deleted member 14134

Thanks, that's actually helpful to know. Any other things from the movie that might be relevant to the game?
Hmm if for any reason you're planning to commit suicide ask other peoples opinions on whether or not you're in a dream.
Well, Rubik has been using a classic strategy of contributing almost literally zero, and the whole time has been talking about how the 48 hours will annoy him, which caught me as scummy. From everyone else, I don't feel as strong if any, or a scum pull
This seems a bit hypocritical as I don't think Yiga has contributed much up to this point. Idk how to read Yiga though, he always seems to be scummy and when I excuse him for that he usually turns out to be.

I don't have a lot to comment on right now. I'll have more to say tomorrow once we see some flips. Right now I think I'd rather lynch Yiga than someone inactive. More info to get from his wagon with how it formed depending on how he flipped. Kind of annoying that he needs a replacement days into the game. Shouldn't have signed up if he knew he was going to be busy. Keeping my vote on storma for now. Still want to hear from him. Not too sure what to think of him since he bothered letting us know he was around only to disappear without saying something of substance. Not even an excuse as to why he hasn't been here. Just kind of feels scummy to me.

Anyways I'll be around for a bit tonight if anyone wants to have tea and chat.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I want your reads on YIG and 3 or more players of your choice on my desk by tomorrow or you're fired.

@funnier6 Are you sure Rubik isn't your alt? Lol

Minish: My top town read (don't get cocky you little brat).

Now listen here you little ****.

It is totally safe to commit suicide in a dream though, which is what I wad going for.

I will need a substitute. I will be gone for a while camping. @DekuNut

This wagon will get you all a lot of info, people.

I know Yiga asked for a replacement but this post is odd to me. We don't know if it's "totally" safe to commit suicide in a dream, because there could be mechanics that affect it.

Also, is he saying that his wagon will get us a lot of info? Because that's a really weird thing for anyone to say. It's like he's trying to get people to vote for him now?

Funnier pushing discussion isn't necessarily a town funnier tell. He does it as scum as well, but maybe in subtlety different ways. Having said that, I don't get scum vibes from funnier right now. Just wanted to say that it's not unusual for him to do that as scum.

I don't see something like that as suspicious. In a game as confusing as this one, it's easy to think of something that seems like it might work, only to realize a minute later that it won't. I would expect scum to think a lot harder about what they're saying, since they want to be cautious to not slip up. So it seems less likely for scum to post something like that, only to take it back a moment later.

Ryuken

Since you two's thoughts echo each other, I've decided to respond to both of them at the same time.
Also why would nominating someone to commit suicide stop someone from role claiming? We would still still be trying to hit scum and nothing would stop the person we wanted to die to role claim. If that was my intention I wouldn't have immediately corrected myself when I realized that it had the same effect as lynching people literally minutes after I suggested it. Your whole argument kind of feels like reaching to me.
I don't see something like that as suspicious. In a game as confusing as this one, it's easy to think of something that seems like it might work, only to realize a minute later that it won't. I would expect scum to think a lot harder about what they're saying, since they want to be cautious to not slip up. So it seems less likely for scum to post something like that, only to take it back a moment later.
That's why Bok's the third-most suspicious person and why I'm not pushing for their lynch. I'm putting Bok in that spot because funnier6 has had a more consistent thought process than them.
I don't have a lot to comment on right now. I'll have more to say tomorrow once we see some flips. Right now I think I'd rather lynch Yiga than someone inactive. More info to get from his wagon with how it formed depending on how he flipped. Kind of annoying that he needs a replacement days into the game. Shouldn't have signed up if he knew he was going to be busy.
I know Yiga asked for a replacement but this post is odd to me. We don't know if it's "totally" safe to commit suicide in a dream, because there could be mechanics that affect it.

Also, is he saying that his wagon will get us a lot of info? Because that's a really weird thing for anyone to say. It's like he's trying to get people to vote for him now?
I don't know if we'll even get a role claim from him before the lynch. The most we've heard him say is that "This wagon will get you all lot of info, people," just reaffirming their scummy nature as if they're gonna die, anyway. Why would they say they need a replacement this late into D1, then...? (Just thinking out loud with that question)

Also, Bok, it's interesting that you posted your reads list, but left me and karu out of it. I can guess that you would've said the same thing about karu as you did Storma and Keiko, but I had thought you would say more about me, even if it was just a little bit. @Rubik analyzed each of my posts, but the thought more pressing than their overall summary of me was a question in their reads. You've just kinda left me out of yours. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom