• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Inception Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Inception.png

At one time, Dom Cobb was the best at what he did. He was an extractor, someone with the ability to enter another person's dreams and take information that they had withheld from others. However, Dom's skills cost him his children, his well-being, and his wife. After being given a second chance at a real life with his kids, Dom took it, leaving Extraction and Inception forever... or so he thought.
One morning, Dom woke up in a room filled with 13 other people. 11 of them looked almost exactly like him. Two others stood in the room.
"You can call me Daiku" one of them explained, "And this is my associate, Mr. Strom. It seems that, somewhere among the twelve of you, are three terrorists. People who seek to destroy the world using the only weapon at their disposal: capitalism. However, because you all look so alike, we weren't sure which three were of you they were. So we gathered all of you here. Using Mr. Cobb's extraction abilities. we ask the twelve of you to enter the mindscape and search for the answers. It is our belief that, if you enter a third-level dreamscape, you'll be able to track down the identities of the fiends. We wish you all luck."
"You'll enter your first dreamscape tomorrow. Until then, feel free to talk amongst yourselves."

NOTE: This game deals with mechanics and rules not normally found in mafia games. We suggest that you read these rules thoroughly, and feel free to ask if you have any questions.

• @Storm is my comod. His word is that of God, second only to mine. So I guess that makes him more a high priest. He's pope. Pope Storm of Inception Mafia. I like the sound of that.
  • Days last 48 hours; Nights last 24
  • You may vote for an extension separate from your main vote. Only one 24 hour extension can be awarded each day phase, and only if the Extension vote reaches Majority or the mods deem it necessary for fair play.
  • Only one roleclaim per day period. No name claims are allowed at all
  • You may not screenshot your Role PM
  • Format all votes like this: Vote: Mido. Unbolded votes will not be counted.
  • You can vote for a no lynch. A no lynch can majority just like a lynch can.
  • On Day One, a player may not be lynched with one vote.
  • You may not discuss this game with other players outside this thread unless the mods give you such a place.
  • If majority or a deadline is reached, the game enters Twilight until a mod comes in to announce the beginning of the next phase. You may speak during Twilight, but all votes are final.
  • If the day ends in a tie, a coin will be flipped to determine who dies. If it's more than two people, then the coin will be switched out for a similarly-sided object or an RNG
  • No editing your posts
  • No screenshoting any PMs from the mods
  • Mods can make rulings without having to cite a rule. This is in case I forgot something.

• It is the goal of the town to either kill all the mafia or reach the third dreamscape. It is the goal of the mafia to reach parity before either of those goals are met.
  • At the beginning of every day phase, the game thread will advance into a new dreamscape. Day 1 takes place in the real world, and the first dreamscape will be entered at the start of Day 2.
  • Every dreamscape has a person called a "Dreamer". They act as a pseudo-Dreaming God within their dreamscape. The dreamer is chosen at random and will be notified if they become such.
  • Dreamers will be members of the town, unless the Dreaming mechanism is affected by outside forces.
  • A person can not be a Dreamer for multiple Dreamscapes at once.
  • Deaths within a dreamscape are not final. If such a thing happens, the player will simply move to the previous level of the dreamscape.
  • If a player dies and is for some reason unable to move to the previous level, they will be sent to Limbo, and effectively taken out of the game.
  • If a player dies within the first layer of the Dreamscape, they return to the real world.
  • Modkills will always be full kills, no matter what level the player is on.
  • If a Dreamer is killed within their Dreamscape, their Dreamscape collapses in on itself, and anyone in that dreamscape or a previous one is sent to the next open Dreamscape.
  • If players are on multiple Dreamscapes at once, Dreamscapes that are not of the highest level will be hosted on a Quicktopic, PMed to those players.
  • Lynches can take place on every Dreamscape with players. However, the lynchee must be conscious on the Dreamscape they're lynched on.
  • It is requested that players in no way read or interact with what happens on Dreamscapes they are not on.
  • Dreamscapes will start out synchronized with the previous level. However, extensions or majority can cause them to become unlinked.

Players on this Level:
  1. @Ayano Keiko
  2. @funnier6
  3. @karu
  4. @Ryuken
  5. @Minish_Link
  6. @YIGAhim
  7. @Rubik
  8. @Doc
  9. @Stormageden747
  10. @Ragnarokio
  11. @Domozilla777
  12. @Bok Chan Sama
DAY ONE BEGINS
Day ends at 7pm PDT on Friday, April 20, 2018.
With 12 players here, it takes 7 to reach majority.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14134

Vote: Ragnarokio

We like to make the new people feel at home.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Vote: Ryuken

I'm definitely going to take time during D1 to understand the Inception rules.

D

Deleted member 14134

Just some stuff from the op I wanna discuss
It seems that, somewhere among the twelve of you, are three terrorists.
Looks like we're looking at 3 mafia members.
  • Every dreamscape has a person called a "Dreamer". They act as a pseudo-Dreaming God within their dreamscape. The dreamer is chosen at random and will be notified if they become such.
  • Dreamers will be members of the town, unless the Dreaming mechanism is affected by outside forces.
Looks like we want to keep the dreamers alive in order to reach our win conditions. Since you can't share anything the mods pm you though I doubt we can claim is (and it would be stupid to anyways as mafia would immediately target that person).
Deaths within a dreamscape are not final. If such a thing happens, the player will simply move to the previous level of the dreamscape.
If a player dies and is for some reason unable to move to the previous level, they will be sent to Limbo, and effectively taken out of the game.
This is interesting to me. It sounds like we can't die in a dream unless certain conditions are met. What do you guys think about a day one lynch based on this? Do you think it would be safer to hold until day two when we have some insurance on it?
Lynches can take place on every Dreamscape with players. However, the lynchee must be conscious on the Dreamscape they're lynched on.
@DekuNut does this mean multiple lynches can happen each day?

I kind of gather that unless we can send members of the mafia to limbo then we have to lynch them back from dreamscape to dreamscape until we get them back into the real world and then kill them there? This could be tough to do since players may not have a way to effectively communicate from dreamscape to dreamscape. I'm still mulling over some stuff about the mechanics and i suggest everyone else read it over and post any thoughts or ideas so that town can discuss a strategy before we potentially get separated. I may add more later but that's all for now.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Vote: Funnier

The only mafia player on ZD who is possibly more scummy than me.

Also this dream mechanic is WEIRD.........

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Pope Storm Here
I will act as a more active vessel of the Mod it seems, and I am the one who shall be giving out Vote Counts

speaking of which

Vote Count
Ragnarokio (1) Bok
Minish ( 1) Funnier
Karu (1) Keiko
Ryuken (2) Ryuken, Rubik
Funnier (1) Yiga
Yet To Vote: Ragnarok, Minish, Karu, Dom777, Doc, Alfie747

Day Ends 10PM EST April 19th

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
This game hasn't even really started and I'm already confused. Maybe it's because I haven't seen Inception though.

What do you guys think about a day one lynch based on this? Do you think it would be safer to hold until day two when we have some insurance on it?

Hm, a no-lynch could be useful based on that. Especially considering it will probably take a bit for everyone to even understand everything about the game. I think there could be some other benefits to no-lynching today, but I'm going to have to read over the rules a few more times to see if I'm figuring everything out right.

Also, considering we only have 48 hour days and day 1 is usually pretty inactive anyways, there's not a great chance of finding scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom