• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Inception Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
I don't know what you mean by me thinking something different two hours ago. Care to elaborate?

I don't know what you mean by this either. I already stated that I think he voted for me because I voted for him. I think his mindset went something like:

"i'm being pressured -> i need to come up with a justification for saying rubik was scummy to defuse the pressure -> i guess these are things that i could say are scummy about him -> here are some excuses for my own lack of content because otherwise my attack could just as easily be applied to me -> if that's how you want to play it, rubik, i will vote for you too."​

That last bit especially, felt like he was saying to me, "If you're going to vote for me, fine. Two can play at that game." Saying "Alright Rubik. // Vote Rubikkkkkk" felt like it carried that exact sort of "two can play at that game" tone to it. Hence OMGUS.

-

If they do show up to my mention, they might read my message to them. I was hoping it might inspire them to read at least some of the thread if they're feeling intimidated by how much has been posted today. I don't why trying to make an appeal for them to read some of the thread is that strange.

-

And please don't use "XD" passive aggressively. My fragile heart can't take it. :(
I don’t really know how to get clearer but I’ll try.

Two hours ago you said thought Yiga probably wouldn’t have voted you if you hadn’t voted him. Now you say he had it in his head all along. This renders your OMGUS reasons moot. You completely failed to address that it made then moot. In fact you acted as though you had completely different reasons all along. Though you appear to have rescinded your rescind and we’re back at square one again. Do you see why this utterly bonkers to me?

I wasn’t using it passive aggressively, that’s how I express when I’m laughing irl.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Vote Count
Karu (1):
Ayano Keiko
funnier6 (1): HyrulianEVAN
YIGAhim (3): Rubik, Minish_Link, Ryuken
Stormageden (3): Ragnarokio, Bok Chan Sama, Doc
Doc (1): funnier6

Not Voting: Stormageden747

Day Ends Friday at 7pm PDT (~2 1/2 hours)
With 12 players here, it takes 7 to reach majority.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I don’t really know how to get clearer but I’ll try.

Two hours ago you said thought Yiga probably wouldn’t have voted you if you hadn’t voted him. Now you say he had it in his head all along. This renders your OMGUS reasons moot. You completely failed to address that it made then moot. In fact you acted as though you had completely different reasons all along. Though you appear to have rescinded your rescind and we’re back at square one again. Do you see why this utterly bonkers to me?

I wasn’t using it passive aggressively, that’s how I express when I’m laughing irl.

Okay, I think I see where the disconnect here is. Here's how these ideas coexist for me without any sort of contradiction in my mind.

• YIG voiced interest in voting for me because it was a convenient place to put his vote. He said it was a safe choice, in reality it was a safe choice for him because there were already multiple people on the wagon. He didn't commit to a vote, he literally just says that voting for me is safe and unvotes. This allows him to vote for me if my wagon is looking strong or freely switch to whatever other wagon has attention on it without drawing attention to himself.
  • I vote for him because of reasons unrelated to him expressing a desire to potentially later vote for me. It's also a reason related to him voting for me, which is why I suppose you could see the two ideas as a contradiction. The distinction between the two concepts is that it could have been a vote for anybody and it would have been scummy. I voted for him because of what he was doing, not who he was doing it to. On the other hand, the reasons he applies for voting for me don't really apply and some of them weren't even around when he decided I was a "safe" vote.
  • Now he's forced to double down. Instead of having just the possibility to vote for me, he feels backed into a corner and forced to. If I'd wagoned someone else and my own wagon had gone cold, I imagine he'd have found someone he could more conveniently make a case on. This is OMGUS, at least my definition of it. He's voting for me BECAUSE I voted for him. I'm voting for him because he felt scummy because of multiple posts I read as scummy, one of them being one where he expressed interest in a wagon because it was "safe", the fact that that person was me was largely irrelevant to me. Part of the reason he felt scummy was that he was calling my wagon "safe" as a way of expressing approval for it.

I don't see any of that as logically incompatible. I'm sorry if I didn't make my thought process clear or if it still isn't clear to you.

-

Depending on why you're laughing, the act of laughing can be passive aggressive. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just having such a fun time taking to me that it's causing you to laugh, though. :)

-

I'm off to D&D. Night will probably be over before I can post again.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
There's going to be a pretty big distinction between most of these games and my games here, though.

This is due to the fact that I don't know your playstyles, days are significantly shorter and force me to post more actively here, I am not currently doing both work and school (just school, currently), and the fact that I have had a nice long break from mafia and feel refreshed.

funnier6

Courage~
Okay, I think I see where the disconnect here is. Here's how these ideas coexist for me without any sort of contradiction in my mind.

• YIG voiced interest in voting for me because it was a convenient place to put his vote. He said it was a safe choice, in reality it was a safe choice for him because there were already multiple people on the wagon. He didn't commit to a vote, he literally just says that voting for me is safe and unvotes. This allows him to vote for me if my wagon is looking strong or freely switch to whatever other wagon has attention on it without drawing attention to himself.
  • I vote for him because of reasons unrelated to him expressing a desire to potentially later vote for me. It's also a reason related to him voting for me, which is why I suppose you could see the two ideas as a contradiction. The distinction between the two concepts is that it could have been a vote for anybody and it would have been scummy. I voted for him because of what he was doing, not who he was doing it to. On the other hand, the reasons he applies for voting for me don't really apply and some of them weren't even around when he decided I was a "safe" vote.
  • Now he's forced to double down. Instead of having just the possibility to vote for me, he feels backed into a corner and forced to. If I'd wagoned someone else and my own wagon had gone cold, I imagine he'd have found someone he could more conveniently make a case on. This is OMGUS, at least my definition of it. He's voting for me BECAUSE I voted for him. I'm voting for him because he felt scummy because of multiple posts I read as scummy, one of them being one where he expressed interest in a wagon because it was "safe", the fact that that person was me was largely irrelevant to me. Part of the reason he felt scummy was that he was calling my wagon "safe" as a way of expressing approval for it.

I don't see any of that as logically incompatible. I'm sorry if I didn't make my thought process clear or if it still isn't clear to you.

-

Depending on why you're laughing, the act of laughing can be passive aggressive. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just having such a fun time taking to me that it's causing you to laugh, though. :)

-

I'm off to D&D. Night will probably be over before I can post again.
I’m really glad you found a way to explain that in a way that made sense, I was really starting to think you were making things up. Finally can see your point of view. However I still don’t understand how you find it “doubling down” and aggressive when Yiga voted for you. Even if you’re right about everything I still don’t see anything but disinterest in that post.

Well your post was so nonsensical to me and absolutely unexpected and I could hardly believe I could be so lucky as to trip you up over yourself and off a mountain. So if you call that passive aggressive then I suppose so. I’m sure some of it was from your funnier joke so there’s that. :P
http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8763

http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14063

http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=19718

I didn't have time to double check most of these games, but the first one is probably the best example of my mafia play.

A lot of my games of both alignments from when I played mafia more actively are lost to the forum deletion, though, as I've said previously.
Gracias.

I’ve just realized we’re lynching people who aren’t here. People who aren’t here can’t defend themselves or claim. That’s bad. Personally I’d rather switch to somebody else suspicious who might show up and claim and worry about storma and Yiga tomorrow. Two people tied with day nearing and nobody caring makes me nervous. @Bok Chan Sama @Ryuken @Doc Are these the only people around? D:

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
I don't have enough time to critcially analyze the conversation that happened between funnier6 and Rubik, but it's definitely something I want to talk about and "cross-examine" on D2. I could be paranoid or wrong, but I get the feeling there's some Ace Attorney-level bull**** going down, and it's not just because funnier6 called Rubik out on his "contradiction."
I’ve just realized we’re lynching people who aren’t here. People who aren’t here can’t defend themselves or claim. That’s bad. Personally I’d rather switch to somebody else suspicious who might show up and claim and worry about storma and Yiga tomorrow. Two people tied with day nearing and nobody caring makes me nervous. @Bok Chan Sama @Ryuken @Doc Are these the only people around? D:
It doesn't seem like we're gonna be able to pressure a role claim out of anyone any time soon. Might as well get information from a lynch, even if the person isn't going to bother to defend themself.
In my observation of Yiga, the way he's been posting, being seemingly absentminded and saying very little, reads to me as if he knows he's not gonna have time to stick around for the entirety of the game, which is proven by his request for a substitute, saying afterwards that this wagon will get us a lot of information. Now I know lynching someone because they're not gonna be able to participate in this game sounds like a terrible reason, but I'd rather see how an active player like them flips versus pursuing some inactive candidate that's only made one post. Like I said before, lynching an inactive doesn't sit well with me.

karu

Panamaniac
Isn't the day supposed to be over by now?

Honestly what I can gather from the entire page of Rubik and funnier fighting is that funnier is misunderstanding rubik and rubik is just pissed at this point from explaining to funnier why he finds Yiga suspicious.

It's a tie between Storma, who's inactive, and Yiga. Honestly I have no idea what to think. All the discussion so far is Rubik and funnier fighting.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Vote Count
karu (1):
Ayano Keiko
funnier6 (1): HyrulianEVAN
YIGAhim (3): Rubik, Minish_Link, Ryuken
Stormageden (3): Ragnarokio, Bok Chan Sama, Doc
Doc (1): funnier6
Rubik (1): YIGAhim

Not Voting: Stormageden747, karu

People were obviously confused during the first day. Some of them hadn't even heard of things like inceptions or extractions. As time went on though, the similar looking men split into three groups: those who wanted to kill the one who referred to himself as Yiga, those who wanted to kill the oen who referred to himself as Storma, and those who were undecided but generally wanted to kill someone.
These are some very violent people.
Eventually, Ragnarokio's group won out, and they chose to end the life of Stormageden747.
Rifling through his things, they found only some cash, a really old cell phone, and a bottle of narcotics.
Stormageden747 was Jordan Belfort, the Mafia Chemist
Wolf-Of-Wall-Street-DiCaprio-FBI1.jpg

NIGHT ONE BEGINS
Night One ends at 8pm PDT on Saturday, April 21, 2018

The Attending:
  1. @Ayano Keiko
  2. @funnier6
  3. @karu
  4. @Ryuken
  5. @Minish_Link
  6. @YIGAhim
  7. @Rubik
  8. @Doc
  9. @Ragnarokio
  10. @HylianEVAN
  11. @Bok Chan Sama
The Departed:
  • Stormafeden747 - Jordan Belfort, the Mafia Chemist

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
You wake up in the morning surrounded by the same people as usual, only this time you're in a vast desert. Nothing as far as the eye can see. No sign of life, no sign of civilization...
And no sign of funnier.
You hear a voice in your head, and hear the voice of Daiku, "It seems that funnier6 was unable to make the journey with you because he... well, he died. Like immediately. On the bright side, we figured out that he was Jay Gatsby, the Town Roleblocker.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Attending:
  1. @Ayano Keiko
  2. @karu
  3. @Ryuken
  4. @Minish_Link
  5. @YIGAhim
  6. @Rubik
  7. @Doc
  8. @Ragnarokio
  9. @HylianEVAN
  10. @Bok Chan Sama
The Departed:
  • Stormafeden747 - Jordan Belfort, the Mafia Chemist
  • funnier6 - Jay Gatsby, the Town Roleblocker
Day 2 begins!
Day 2 ends at 9PM PDT on Tuesday, April 24, 2018. With 10 here, it takes 6 to reach majority.

D

Deleted member 14134

Vote: Ayano Keiko
Wanna hear something from you today.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Double welp. Storma being lynched and flipping scum as well as funnier6 flipping town caught me completely off-guard. Now I have to reread D1 in its entirety and reassess my thought process. Reeeeeeeeeee.

Vote: Ayano Keiko

In light of Storma fllipping scum, I now have to consider Keiko extremely suspicious. My theory is that the Mafia were using D1 to discuss what they were going to do not only for the day, but for night as well, trying to get an understanding of their roles and of the Inception rules that apply. Keiko seemed confused and indecisive in their one RVS post, and when the lynch happened, Storma seemed relieved to be taken out of the game.
I'll post more tomorrow after I've rested and thought over my reads once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom