• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler I'll Try to Make This Unbiased - Pro's and Con's That I Already Notice

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Those aren't cons at all, in fact I can't even form a list of cons as the game hasn't come out. The only thing I can provide a list of is potential advantages.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Hello Zelda Dungeon,

Cons for Skyward Sword:
-Unavailable for the 3DS and DS as far as I'm aware
-No Epona as far as I know:silent:
-The plot takes a very different take from traditional Zelda plots, but can arguably be a good thing
-Graphics - Link looks strange, but could also just be my own opinion.
-The bird's goofy looking, but I suppose this is meant for children:thinking:
-Voice acting? o_O oh no.... we'll see how it turns out....
-apparently a new upgrade system?
-Downloadable content?......(this is a rumor most likely but I'll include it in this list anyway

1.It would be a con if it was on the DS because it would not handle it, the gameplay would be changed completely if it was on the 3DS
2.Epona may not be in it but the Loftbirds are awesome
3.It is good that the plot is different from other Zelda's because we get to see how the Master Sword is changed and to see how Zelda becomes a princess.
4.Your opinion
5.Your opinion
6.There is not voice acting and it's good because in Zelda's you have more of an imagination from what they tells us.
7.The new upgrade system is a HUGE Pro and NOT a con
8.It's possible there could be DLC but I doubt it (Animal Crossing and Mario Kart did get DLC but those are different).

E

eyyafuc

lol agreed, an upgrade system sounds nice. we kinda had one in oot, 'member the wallets, bomb bags, quivers..
and the different take is actually a good thing. my opinion yes, but thats kinda what we want. i mean, it is kinda the beginning of the series(so far), so maybe itll somewhat give life to the traditional sense, if you know what i mean.

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
the bird replaces Epona.
there is no way to pull off motion controls on the ds or 3ds.
link and the bird look wierd? well, I'll let that slide. but "meant for children"? really?

and by the way, you said it was fresh and then you complain about the upgrade system? that's one of the things that makes it fresh! So is the graphics and the story telling!!
I'm sorry. didn't mean to snap... ^^;

P.S.there will be no DLC or voice acting...

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Cons for Skyward Sword:
-Unavailable for the 3DS and DS as far as I'm aware

Only one 3D game is available for the 3DS.. Is this a con for every Zelda game now?

-No Epona as far as I know:silent:

There are loftbirds, Replacement for Epona if you ask me..

-The plot takes a very different take from traditional Zelda plots, but can arguably be a good thing

This is 100% subjective and can't be considered a con, Which Zelda game has a veri similair plot?
Every Zelda game is unique and is it's own thing, So actually this is a pro.

-Graphics - Link looks strange, but could also just be my own opinion.

is your own opinion, And the graphics are weird I agree..
But it shouldn't be considered a con since it still looks better than other LoZ games.. :yes:

-The bird's goofy looking, but I suppose this is meant for children:thinking:

Majority of the animals and even people in the Zelda series look weird..

-Voice acting? o_O oh no.... we'll see how it turns out....

Zelda will never ever have voice acting, Tradition --> Speaking Bubbles

-apparently a new upgrade system?

A pro..

-Downloadable content?......(this is a rumor most likely but I'll include it in this list anyway)

Downloadable content would just be good..

:mastersword: The Seventh Hierarch :bomb:

There is weird logic in your list..
You don't like it when the plot is a little bit different(even if we still haven't got a clue about it).. they don't stick to tradition
And you don't like the fact that vouce acting isn't in the game.. sticking to tradition.. say whuuuut?

:huh:

HIN KILLER

Beaten every Zelda
You said you were going to try and not be biased but I would say every con can be portrayed as biased to someone who loves OoT. Lack of Epona or different plot, or different graphics aren't cons. Its just a matter of opinion. I have played every zelda from beginning to end and even though there would be things that bugged me in each one, i didnt care, cause it was Zelda and it was new to me. This wil be a new zelda for me and I know that if THIS is all the negative stuff in the game, then I am going to enjoy it very much. Legend of Zelda can do no wrong in my eyes.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I pretty much agree with your pro list, though it could've been a bit bigger! Anyway, here are my comments to your con list:
1. Like pretty much everyone here has already said, the (3)DS hardware couldn't handle the game and its motion controls, but yeah, a dedicated 3DS Zelda would be nice.
2. Yeah I agree, sky bird aside, I'd still like to have Epona in the game. Imagine the possibilities of 1:1 horseback combat!
3. Agree too, I know Link is supposed to look slightly(!) feminine for a guy but this time I think they overshot it a bit.
4. Agree again, the bird looks like it has been taken straight out of the Mario series. While its appearance would fit very well into the Mushroom Kingdom with its goofy, silly and "innocent" look, it just doesn't go well with Zelda. I like both series a lot but I don't think they should mix things up too much (In turn, "realistic" things like a TP Hyrule Field looking area don't belong into the Mario series IMO).
5. There won't be voice acting as it looks, just singing in cutscenes which I'm very fine with as long as they don't employ horrible singers for the translations (they could simply leave Zelda's singing as it is and only subtitle it if necessary, I don't even know yet if her singing is actual Japanese or not).
6. Can't judge that yet and I have no comparison (haven't played that "Kingdom Hearts" game and don't intend to do so) so we'll see.
7. Yeah, I also hope this won't happen because it doesn't really fit with the Zelda series and could probably even mess up the storyline but it's very unlikely anyway.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
''Unavailable for the 3DS and DS as far as I'm aware''

Uhh, I'm sorry bit that is one of the stupidest cons I have ever heard :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom