• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler I'll Try to Make This Unbiased - Pro's and Con's That I Already Notice

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
Hello Zelda Dungeon,
The release of Skyward Sword is greatly anticipated by many gamers who are Zelda Fans. I'm trying my best to give it a chance for when I do buy the game, however there are some things that still give me a sinking feeling.

Pros for Skyward Sword:
-Its fresh
-There is a distinct plot
-Game-play appears to be easy to use and fun
-Some graphical updates are considerably well done
- Please note this thread IS NOT A SKYWARD SWORD COMPLAINT THREAD

Cons for Skyward Sword:
-Unavailable for the 3DS and DS as far as I'm aware
-The plot takes a very different take from traditional Zelda plots, but can arguably be a good thing
-Graphics - Link looks strange, but could also just be my own opinion.

Thoughts? Different opinions?
- Please remember that I acknowledge your differing opinions that's why I asked for comments and opinions:D

:mastersword: The Seventh Hierarch :bomb:

Last edited:
If its going to be for the DS and 3DS, it will defeat the purpose of the 1:1 swordplay. It is the equivalent to giving the classic controller option and making Skyward Sword too easy. Beside how would the DS or 3DS handle 50-100 hour game?
Also, the voice-acting is just a false rumor, if you look at the new trailers.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Cons for Skyward Sword:
-No Epona as far as I know:silent:
-The plot takes a very different take from traditional Zelda plots, but can arguably be a good thing
-The bird's goofy looking, but I suppose this is meant for children:thinking:
-Voice acting? o_O oh no.... we'll see how it turns out....
-apparently a new upgrade system?
-Downloadable content?......(this is a rumor most likely but I'll include it in this list anyway)
DS is outdated, weak piece of hardware. It couldn't handle Skyward Sword even if it wanted to. The 3DS would require complete change in gameplay, meaning no 1:1 as far as I know and likely an even further condensed game. Not to mention development time would take FOREVER.
I doubt Epona is in the game, we know that the Loftwing we use, at least from pre release, will not be used below the ground. Thus, we'll be sprinting and rolling across the world below, without that amazingly awesome horse. No point in having the horse, though, if there is no Malon to accompany her, right?
Like you said, it could arguably be a good thing. I personally hate what the beginning is shaping up to be, but that's just me.
Graphics don't matter much at all – this is a Zelda game we're talking about :right:
The bird is alright as far as I'm concerned. I like the goofy look, though the eyes do disturb me ever so slightly.
I doubt we'll be getting VAs in Skyward Sword.
Upgrade system ticks me off, speaks Kingdom Hearts in so many ways possible. I realize there isn't much else you can do with an upgrade system besides unnecessary convolution, but STILL.
We probably won't be getting DLC as the Wii is dead after Skyward Sword; no other Wii game as far as I know has gotten DLC anyway, why start now at the end of its life cycle?

Last edited:
LOL not available for DS/3DS as con? Take it easy boy, DS already recieved 2 Zelda games and 3DS just received a amazing port/make of the best game ever, and for sure will have its chance with a original Zelda game...

About the bird (Loftwing), it's not for or for kids, it's just to be unusual and have personality/distinctiveness. There's a topic on this, but these birds are heavly inspired on a real life rare (big and very interesting) bird, the Shoebill (search in youtube).

The main con for me is lack of a proper hyrule field (didn't need to be as big as TP's) in the world bellow connecting the areas and giving a sense of world, the areas division in SS is too much video-gamish.

Ocarina of time 3d.... sounds like the perfect game for you....Most of your points are just complaining that this is not another oot. Voice acting is not needed although if there is close to 100 minutes of cut scenes it could get kinda awkward without. You seem bias due to nastalgia go play oot.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
He never once mentioned OoT, how can he be biased towards it judging from the OP? The complaints do have that air an OoT fanboy would have, but he in no way even suggested that he wanted SS to be another OoT. I myself do, but Hierarch7 in no way seems to.

Wow. You managed to make each and every one of your cons invalid. Impressive.

You also accidentally placed the upgrade system and plot under cons....

EDIT: Actually I take that back. Lack of voice acting is a valid complaint. I don't really think the game NEEDS it, but if done right it would help the overall presentation.

Last edited:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Why do you dissagree with the upgrade system, have you ever played Monster Hunter?

Why would you want it on the 3DS, it would defeat the point of it, to be a game made for Wii and Wii only. Just forget about the DS though man, Nintendo doesn't make games (first party titles) for it anymore.

The game isn't aimed at children, the birds appearence has nothing to do with the games appeal to new and hardcore gamers.

We don't know how different the plot is, so that point isn't a reasonable one.

Your opinion about the graphics isn't a con, it's an opinion!

And lastly, Zelda has never had voice acting nor DLC, and both, especially the latter, shouldn't be cons to the average or extremely hardcore Zelda fan, though it might bunch up the panties of the newer fans.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I mostly agree with your second pro's. The 100+ hours(?) of cinematic usage will be applied with a very impressive if not immersive feel to the formula. So long as each character goes through the actions we saw in the Romance Trailer--where Link and Zelda's body language was so believable and real--nothing for the game will change, but be improved upon.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Your post has lead me to believe that you don't know the definition of "Biased..."

He never once mentioned OoT, how can he be biased towards it judging from the OP? The complaints do have that air an OoT fanboy would have, but he in no way even suggested that he wanted SS to be another OoT. I myself do, but Hierarch7 in no way seems to.

Well when he says he is upset there is no epona that relates to oot ( it could be mm or tp but im i dont think so)
He says he is upset that its not on a handheld (which is unrealistic and crazy complaint and almost discredits the post entirely) but oot is.

He listed the new upgrade system as a con. Now the only reason anyone would complain about the new upgrade system is because they dont like change, and they want to stick to the good old oot formula as close as they possibly can

I may have been going out on a limb here and i am not for sure. But i would be willing to bet that this is a person who loved oot (like everyone) then majoras mask came along and the formula was so similar he loved it too (so did most) and now he wants every game to be like those two. Now I an not positive that the poster is one of these people but there are a lot of them. And whenever a new zelda game comes along that strays from the oot mm formula too much they get all nervous and start freaking out. ( we can thank them for tp not being the greatest zelda game ever)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That is actually the ALttP formula, but I see what you mean. I myself am like that, but again Hierarch never once even suggested that. Change can be a bad thing, it was for me when I played TP (seriously I'm not even gonna start). But the upgrade system *could* be a good thing depending on how it is pulled off. You know what they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. That's why games stood true to the ALttP/OoT formula, because it has worked more than once and if done right, will continue to work. SS just needs to freshen up with new ideas, that's all.

Yeah i agree with you completely. I love the old games as well and I myself dont want them to stray too far. But with skyward sword i don't really think they are! And the reason i twilight princess was so disappointing was because they were afraid to change. They made that game to feed the fans what ninty thought they wanted but they pretty much failed.

And with the my previous posts i was was just jumping to conclusions based on the impression that i got.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Cons for Skyward Sword:
-No Epona as far as I know:silent:
-The bird's goofy looking, but I suppose this is meant for children:thinking:
-Voice acting? o_O oh no.... we'll see how it turns out....
-apparently a new upgrade system?
-Downloadable content?......(this is a rumor most likely but I'll include it in this list anyway)

Thoughts? Different opinions?

:mastersword: The Seventh Hierarch :bomb:

I don't feel that these "cons" are really cons. Everything said above was either the really good stuff about the game, or stuff I didn't even know and isn't in the game!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom