• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Were a Gym Leader, What Would Be Your Specialty?

Rare Addict

Site Staff
Mine would be either Fire or Dark. However, I tend to lean on the side of the former, primarily because of how often I use my starter Pokemon (which is almost always the Fire-type).

Probably a flying gym. Sure, I'd get steamrolled by an electric trainer, but having an flying-themed gym sounds really cool, and there are plenty of decent Flying pokemon out there.

I'd go for flying-type too, but you wouldn't really get steam rolled by a team of electric-types that easily. Sure, pokemon like Gyarados don't really want to be fighting those types, but you can have a Gliscor who is immune to electric-type attacks or a Salamence which is hit for neutral damage. You'd just need to be careful and play your team well.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
Dragon type of course! My team would be Haxorous, Salamance, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Tyranitar(I know not dragon), and my main pokemon, my fav, and the best of my team... Draginite!

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
I'd either go with Phychic types or flying type, me and my friends actually tried having a battle with a one type team, I was flying, my partner was fighting, one of my opponents was steel, the other was dragon, my team won, I was able to use Dragonite because he's flying and destroyed most of the dragons, while my friend defeated the steel types with his fighting types, my Staraptor helped a bit too. It was a fun battle.

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
I would choose the steel type and my pokemon would be Scizor, Ferrothorn, Empoleon, Metagross, Aggron, and my strongest and my signature pokemon would be a Skarmory. Of course, I'd probably be the last gym. I could even go as far as any type like Blue. Then my team would be Butterfree, Skarmory, Castform, Rhyperior, Ferrothorn, and my strongest/signature pokemon, Venusaur, My 5 favorite pokemon from each region, and my overral favorite.

Dragon type of course! My team would be Haxorous, Salamance, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Tyranitar(I know not dragon), and my main pokemon, my fav, and the best of my team... Draginite!
It's ok to choose Tyranitar. After all, almost EVERY dragon-type leader/champion has a Gyrados, even though it's not a dragon type. (Thank you, Gen 5!)

Last edited:

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
it's hard to choose between ghost, or electric because they are both awesome. I'm not too sure who I'd have in each, but for ghost defiantly have dusclops and electic I'd have magnezone and electrons.

Dan

Well as winner of most laid back and best comedy relief, I have to say -
Best idea for a gym leader. Goes onto the battle screen you choose your first pokemon but the gym leader doesn't throw his onto the field.... because the GYM LEADER IS A POKEMON ! Honestly if I had the game in my hands I think it would work out well. A pokemon that looks like a gym leader. ;) Speciality the element of surprise.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I would love to be a fire type gym leader. In nearly every Pokemon game I have played, I have always gone for the fire starter since they always seem to have an awesome second-type that goes along with it. Charizard has flying for his secondary, Blaziken has fighting, so on and so forth. With those combinations, there can be some great move-types that could devastate anyone that would dare challenge me (unless if they were smart and brought along a water type).

Now, I know I couldn't go for just starters, but I know I would have some, what I like to call, Contradiction Pokemon, being Pokemon with opposing types, such as Numel or Magcargo, since they would be harder to take out with just ground and rock moves that I know a lot of trainers would have to take me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom