• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda If You Could Make Up a Zelda Item, What Would It Be?

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I'm sure this thread has already existed at some point, I mean, it's not really all that creative an idea...

Anywho, If you could create any sort of Zelda item, any item at all, what would it be? It could be an offensive item, an exploration item, a new type of tunic, new type of boots, literally anything you can think of.

I would add in Spring Boots that makes you jump higher and allows you to do the pogo-stick of death from Zelda II.

Big Octo

=^)
A cross between the Clawshot and Grappling hook that allows for both latching on to spots on pulling oneself and hanging on to things and swinging. I think it would be interesting to see puzzles incorporate both uses of the item, and bonus points if Link can use two of these items at once.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
The Lava Shield. This shield is large and round, and it is made of dark grey steel with the Goron symbol on the front. Link can stand on it to float on lava. You can have all sorts of puzzles involving lava rivers and what not. You might have to use wind to blow yourself along the surface. You might have to put something on it and float it down the river. You might have to use it to cork a lava flow. Maybe you'd have to hold it in front of you and inch your way up to a lava-spewing boss. You might have to stand very still to avoid flipping it. The possibilities are endless.

Me thinking up a brand new item that doesn't suck would probably take way too much time.

One thing I have given a good bit of thought to, though, is the ability to alter your current items, not just improve them. Let's say for the sake of argument that the new boomerang has to be manually caught by players to avoid being whacked in the head and suffering dizziness, paralysis, or even damage. By taking it to the forge, you can get that boomerang altered. One version has freakin' blades on it for high power, but also hurts you a lot if you happen not to catch it on the way back. Another can freeze in place on command, then return when the enemy least expects it. A third version can lock onto multiple opponents like the Gale Boomerang. Note that these are more everyday applications, not ones geared for puzzles, but it would add a lot of personality, customization, and even strategy to the Zelda series, particularly if combat was stepped up (which it should be).

TMLink76240

Travis Mask
The Goddess Shield:
It's like the mirror shield, but when it reflects light, the reflected light could be used as a weapon to all.
Cushioned boots upgrade:
less damage from high falls(upgrades all boots in game)
The Capturbox:
captures whatever enemy you take a photo of(except for bosses and boss-like enemies)
Song of Sorrows:
causes all enemies around to whimper and cry
The Mask of Gender:
causes the wearer to turn into the opposite sex(could be used for quest and sneaking)
spiked shield upgrade:
so your shield bash may do damage(upgrade effective to all shields)

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
The Mask of Gender:
causes the wearer to turn into the opposite sex(could be used for quest and sneaking)
And hilarity insues...just like it always would with gender bending. There's a bit of a difference between Zelda disguising herself as a male sheikah in OoT and Link actually turning into a girl. I mean if he's a typical guy, all he'd do is play with his boobs :lol:

I like the spiked shield and cushion boots. But how would the capture box be useful? What do you do with the monsters? Is there an NPC with a monster zoo?

I'll come back when I think of something, cool thread idea.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
A wand. It gives us the power to levitate options and weak enemies which can be used for puzzles and just throwing crap at the enemies.

Iron Claws:
Claws that Link put on so he can do melee his enemies in a badass way. Also increases strength to seperate blocked doorways.

Handheld Cannon:
It's like the cannon in WW in that it fires bombs at enemies, but you don't have to be in a boat. You just hold it and fire away. It does slow your movement though.

Zora Boomerang:
A boomerang upgrade that functions exactly like Zora Link's boomerang things. The boomerang splits in two and hits the enemies twice (One stuns an enemie, and the other deals damage. A future upgrade causes both to do damage)

Vortex Rod
Fires out little balls that create tiny vortex's to trap enemies in so you can hit them. They have the radius about the size of the spin attack. They cost about the same magic as a Light arrow from OoT

There should also be more Bow combinations like the bomb arrows in Twilight Princess. Maybe Vortex Arrows? You should also be able to mix and match different weapons sort of like the bow combinations. Each combination could combine effects from both items, or maybe have an entirely new effect.

balloonofwar4

The Mystical Man-Fairy
Shurikens: Little throwing stars that could it into slot like switches and hurt enemies. There could be elemental variants. You would have to refill them like arrows and bombs.

Lightning Rod(s): A cool-looking iron rod that could be used to conduct electricity and/or shoot it. Eventually you would get a second one to pull off more powerful shocks and more complex circuits.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Possesion wand-
A wand that Link may use to possess an enemy similar to the way TP Link can possess a chicken or WW Link possesses with the command melody. Link can attack other enemies or even bosses using the enemy but while he is possessing, his own body is left vulnerable

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
The "Make the developers bring back the hoverboots" button.

Yes

The idea I have isn't a brand new item, but bringing a 2D item into a 3D world.

I'd like the Roc's Feather or Roc's Cape to be in a 3D Zelda game. It could bring some interesting puzzles and level design. The image I had in my mind of a 3D link using Roc's Cape looked pretty epic too. I would love to see Link flying around a dungeon in a cape like Batman.

linkypete

I am the very model of a modern major-general
a remote controlled pictograph box, kind of like the beetle from SS, could be used for both awesome shots and also could be used as a puzzle mechanic. what if there was a puzzle that you had to use the RC pictograph box as a spy camera to see some kind of code that is blocked off from link's vision?

A scythe/sickle
It'd be a unique kind of weapon that would be effective against certain enemies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom