• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Could Choose the Name and Focus of a Zelda Title, What Would It Be?

I have always wanted to make my own zelda title, so naturally I came up with a few and I will share one of them with you.

The name I chose for one of my Ideas is, The Legend of Zelda, Wayward Souls, the Idea is that our protagonist through some less than fortunate events is given a curse that has destabilized the bond between his body and soul, this causes his soul to separate from his body, with his tether to the living word severed he is trapped in the realm of souls, but he can't stay there long as his body will day in one day and he will be stuck there forever, with the help of a spirit guide he manages to find his body and is able to enter the realm of the living once again, but what he learns is that the time he had in the spirit realm has only restarted and he still only has one day to find a way to re-balance the bond to his body.

Of course with some hasty exploration you find the hall of spirits where you can have your time in the realm of the living replenished, eventually he learns that a an old clock maker may be able to help him, while Link helps the clock maker gather the needed supplies for a timepiece that will allow him to explore fore longer periods of time, he begins to notice that he can see things he couldn't before, things that the living don't normally see, little does he know the door between the two realms has been opened, slowly but surely the realm of the living is becoming the realm of the dead/souls.

basically Link must travel back and forth between realms to restore the balance and break the curse of the wayward Soul.

There is way to much to tell so I will stop here if you read to this point thank you for your patience, so what would you have as your focus and or name for a zelda title?

Hmmm, I would personally want a Zelda title that continues some story we've seen already, mainly because I'm a sucker for a juicy story.

I would love to see a return of the Twili, especially Midna. She wouldn't be a major character again, I wouldn't want too much repetitiveness, but she would be a character you could converse with and maybe get advise form or something of that nature. Maybe a descendant of Midna would make more sense, actually . . .
I would probably call it The Legend of Zelda: Portal of Destiny, or something along those lines. Something less cheesy. I'd want the title to represent the returning to the Twilight Realm and the importance/necessity that the two worlds are connected in some way. Maybe the events of the game could be set off by the destroying of the Mirror of Twilight; it could have some unforeseen affect on both Hyrule and the Twilight Realm.

It's fun to think about ^.^

That sounds like a potential game to me, the idea I described had too much detail but it sort of has a similar concept to yours, it is also in a way similar to the plot of Metroid Prime Echoes.

The idea of restoring balance to hyrule is a strong basis for a story.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Is it just me or is that sounding a heck of a lot like the plot to Bleach? Not complaining, mind you, but I'm definitely seeing a lot of similarities. And with Skyward Sword already utilizing the "spirit within the sword" seen there, it might be just a little too much.

Personally I really want them to revisit that Valley of the Flood idea that came up a few years back. A Steampunk Zelda sounds freaking amazing!

I'm not familiar with Bleach, but it would be difficult to come up with a plot that isn't similar to something else out there, but the plot I mentioned has way too much detail to type out so I shrank it down leaving out half or more of the events and details that would occur.

But that Valley of the Flood idea would be cool.

Does he go postal on every one, wreaking havoc on good and evil, and does link take him down with crossbow with a primitive scope on it or does he one punch link in the chest stopping his heart, and then steals the master sword, claims hyrule, kills zelda and becomes the new kill of evil or possibly good.

Oh no the evil waffle wizard has frozen the pancake wizard in his waffle shack of darkness what will the people of Hyrule eat with their eggs, look it's the hero of syrup Link, with the sword of bacon and shield of pancake he will save our brunches and defeat the waffle wizard.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I would like to see the return of the twilis as well...

I came up with an idea for the next transformation awhile back, could work for a game concept *runs off to retrieve it*
I'm thinking the transformation should work via an ancient magical artifact called the Stone of Scales. The Stone of Scales houses the spirits of the great dragon gods, which can be the dragons from SS or a different set. It obviously has a lot of power, which is why the villain breaks into the temple and tries to take it. But in self defense, the Stone of Scales splits into 3 pieces, one for each dragon god, and the pieces warp to somewhere in the Sacred Realm. Much like in TP, Link takes dragon form when in the Sacred Realm, and can switch forms at will once he has the complete Stone of Scales.

The abilities in dragon form are gliding(not flying), fighting with claws and fangs, Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, and Nayru's Love. The last three are magic bar dependant. He can't use items in dragon form, and he can't use the magic spells in human form. The magic spells are close to what they were in their last appearance, but a bit different.

Din's Fire: The dragon's fire breath. Simple.
Farore's Wind: Allows Dragon Link to fly instead of just glide. Hold down the spell button, and he will fly until you release the button or his magic bar runs out.
Nayru's Love: Defensive magic, just like it was in OoT.
Game name...Legend of Zelda: The Shattered Jewel.

Last edited:
I have thought about doing some concept art for my idea, but yours is very interesting, I like how you implemented the goddesses from OoT I like the idea of the magic meter making a return, a lot of fellow fan's miss it being part the games.

HTML:
Legend of Zelda: Mirror of Shadows

I haven't thought this out much, but it would be a TP sequel, where Dark Link terrorizes Hyrule, but the citizens blame Link and he becomes a fugitive. Princess Zelda would be more involved, the story would explore the world of shadow and the sheikah, and the game would have a bit of an assassin's creed feel to it.

I've tinkered with a lot of fangame concepts, but if I were allowed to spearhead a professional, 3D Zelda game project, these would be tentative titles and concepts I'd go with (though would be subject to heavy change):

The Legend of Zelda: Whispering Lamp

I've loved creepy themes in Zelda, just without the overbearingly oppressive and dull style of Twilight Princess, so I think it would be neat to have an entire game using them as a central theme. I've also been fascinating by the lantern items in games like The Minish Cap and Twilight Princess. So how about a game where darkness is prevalent in different areas. Some natural, like caves, and others unnatural, representing the antagonistic force of the game. An evil shadow entity or evil spell that casts shadow over everything.

Major recurring mechanics could involve trudging through the dark or using light -- both from your titular lamp and from other things -- to reveal things, find your way, and uncover shrouded weak points. A stylistic game with a bright artstyle, perhaps, but emphasizing shadows and darkness within it.

The Legend of Zelda: Wayfarer's Beacon

In a similar vein, I think we deeply need a Zelda game that involves just an amazing journey. Epic stories are all well and good, but I miss the games where just finding your way through a dynamic and bustling landscape was the main point. So how about a game with an epic story, but where the whole point is to give vague direction through an amazing world?

The game would center around the titular beacon. Whether that beacon is a pillar of light, a landmark, a flame, or something else that's definable from a distance, it would be there to guide you to your destination. Maybe this beacon would move as part of the story, or maybe the plot would unfold throughout recurring characters along the journey, and branching pathways to the beacon would be blocked by dungeons, allowing customizable dungeon order or perhaps skippable dungeons, effectively having several optional dungeons.

At that point, all that would matter is that the main plot effects a large region. Not hard.

The Legend of Zelda: Forgotten Castle

Ever since I heard about Ocarina of Time originally being planned to take place entirely within Ganon's Castle, I decided we have to have this. This game would be set in a castle of some kind... there's a lot of ways to go about this but my idea would be that it's an almost post-apocalyptic setting around a ruined Hyrule Castle, where you play a Link trying to protect his childhood friend Zelda, in a world controlled by evil. You hide out in the ruined castle and the grounds that surround it, and eventually stumble across the legacy of the castle, reviving its color and its magic and restoring it to its proper, sacred purpose.

This would combine dungeon and overworld into a huge and extremely realistic castle and surrounding grounds... maybe even surrounding town. Real castles would be massive, and this would be no exception. Dungeons could still be done, either by some form of mystical transport or by finding unique areas within the castle... either normal areas fallen into disrepair or sacred wings and portions of the castle that are strange and unusual... more like the temples of Ocarina of Time.

A guesthouse, a waterway, an actual dungeon (prison), a barracks, a tower, the castle walls, a garden maze, a burial tomb, a library, an observatory, a place of worship... any of these could be combined with any number of environmental or elemental themes. It would be an incredibly unique Zelda world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom