• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If No Orchestrated Music. Still Be Happy?

Sgt. Backwash

JEALOUSY
I'd be very disappointed if they used MIDI tracks again.

Nintendo already gave the Mario Galaxy games incredible orchestral scores, and as it is now, they don't really have an excuse to not do the same for Zelda. Since this is a Wii game that uses a regular DVD, space shouldn't be an issue like it was for previous systems.

While Orchestrated music was basically confirmed from E3 2010, and that we've heard skyward sword trailers and other things with orchestrated music, I don't know if I would mind it not being orchestrated. I love orchestrated music. I think it sounds beautiful, but some of the greatest songs ever created were created many years before people started using orchestras. And while Super Mario Galaxy 2's music was absolutely stunning, I strongly believe we could manage without it.

It's part of the zelda formula to have orchestrated music, I think it really adds to the magic and epicness. Don't mind waiting just a bit if we get that great sound.

It's part of the zelda formula to have orchestrated music, I think it really adds to the magic and epicness. Don't mind waiting just a bit if we get that great sound.

Wait, what? If SS has orchestrated music that's a first in Zelda. No Zelda game has ever had an orchestral score.

P

Peacelovekid

The music in the latest trailer was [real orchestration]. So I'm assuming the game will be, too.

Oh, and I guess I'd be cool with it. I prefer real orchestration, though.
Actually, the E3 2005 trailer theme for TP was fully orchestrated.

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
Orchestrated music would be great, but it doesn't really matter if the music itself isn't that great. I view the format of the music as being similar to the graphics: as long as it serves the purpose, then I'm happy. In the case of music, if it sets the mood and sounds great, then it doesn't matter if it's MIDI or orchestrated. I have to admit, though, Zelda music does sound great orchestrated (or redone to sound orchestrated, at least) and it would be a real treat to hear it in a game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom